obamafootball

We already know that if President Obama had a son, he’d look like Trayvon, but now we know that Obama’s hypothetical son would also probably not be allowed to play football:

“I’m a big football fan, but I have to tell you if I had a son, I’d have to think long and hard before I let him play football,” says the president of the United States, the father of two young girls. “And I think that those of us who love the sport are going to have to wrestle with the fact that it will probably change gradually to try to reduce some of the violence. In some cases, that may make it a little bit less exciting, but it will be a whole lot better for the players, and those of us who are fans maybe won’t have to examine our consciences quite as much.”

Do we have “football control” to look forward to? Dianne Feinstein’s gun control bill probably would outlaw use of the “shotgun formation,” but there is obviously more work to be done.

Hey, did the guy who once voted to keep third trimester abortions legal just say football makes him examine his conscience?

For some reason I’m now assuming that Obama’s next big push will be to allow college football players to unionize… for their own safety:

“I tend to be more worried about college players than NFL players in the sense that the NFL players have a union, they’re grown men, they can make some of these decisions on their own, and most of them are well-compensated for the violence they do to their bodies.”

I’m sure an excited Richard Trumka has already been on the phone to the White House giving Obama his proposal to unionize NCAA football players.

Comments

21 Responses to “Gridiron Control? Football Will Have to Change to Reduce Some of the Violence, Says Obama”

1. backwoodsconsr on January 27th, 2013 5:44 pm

No more run and shoot offense.

Can you imagine that wimp even playing football?

2. Truesoldier__ on January 27th, 2013 6:23 pm

If Obama and the left get their way they will turn the NFL into a flag football league that has affirmative action in place for woman and those who cannot even bench press their own body weight. Then they would do away with the playoffs as Obama would appoint a Superbowl panel to use a number of factors to determine which two teams would advance to the Superbowl. The panel would not care about win/loss records; instead they would use such critera as how "green" the team and their stadium is or how diverse the team is as that would be used as a "teachable moment".

3. Truesoldier__ on January 27th, 2013 6:24 pm

Funny how Obama has plenty of time to weigh in on big important stuff like football or the NCAA sweet 16 brackets, but never seems to find time for trivial things like F&F, the mounting debt or what really happened in Benghazi.

4. Doug on January 27th, 2013 9:32 pm

No more run and shoot offense.

Mouse Davis ruined that for me back in the early 1990's.

Can you imagine that wimp even playing football?

About as much as I can imagine him shooting skeet:

5. swede on January 27th, 2013 10:32 pm

"“I’m a big football fan, but I have to tell you if I had a son, I’d have to think long and hard before I let him play football,” says the president of the United States, the father of two young girls."

Ya, hey but you'd have no problemo sending your lovely lasses into front line combat, eh sport? Why not let 'em play linebacker? Nose tackle!

Guess NBA is safer… non-contact sport & all. Oh wait…

6. SignPainterGuy on January 28th, 2013 1:03 am

Yeah, I`m plenty athletic, or was, but lost any desire to play football or basketball after a few elbows to the teeth and having my knees taken out from under me. It`s no longer play when you get hurt.

If you like rough play, have at it, but feel free not to be involved. Choose for yourself and know what you`re getting into, but leave the game rules alone while improving equipment.

7. SignPainterGuy on January 28th, 2013 1:06 am

Unionizing; the answer to everything – according to Zero and Trumka !

8. Joyanna Adams on January 28th, 2013 3:58 am

I can't wait to hear what he wants to do with hockey.

9. Granny55 on January 28th, 2013 11:55 am

Eventually they will reduce all sports to this……

10. backwoodsconsr on January 28th, 2013 12:23 pm

He'll start with getting rid of that pesky hockey mom named Palin, or at least he'll try.

11. Marshall_Will on January 28th, 2013 1:02 pm

Why NOT? ( It's precisely how he's managed the economy? ) Great rundown btw.

12. Marshall_Will on January 28th, 2013 1:06 pm

Or that all important "Jobs Commission"..? Just another lame attempt to get in front of the newscycle w/ timely/trendy Twitter topics they can use to suck the life out of us. Kind of like that co-worker that just HAS to dominate the entire conversation in the breakroom, even if it means plugging their ears and going la-la-la-la-LA!

13. Marshall_Will on January 28th, 2013 1:12 pm

Anyone happen to catch Soledad O'Brien's "What Is Black In America?" last night? Perfectly ridiculous premise. In fact, it bordered on an almost.., scatological pre-occupation w/ race.

She quickly points out that one of HER parents were Black and it seemed to be running cover/interference for P'BO. It was SO insulting. I could only take a few minutes. Nothing factual was presented, just touchy-feely BS about how the select people she 'interviewed' felt about "not being black enough, or white enough to please EITHER community!?"

Whatever it 'was' ( it certainly wasn't 'journalism'? )

14. Truesoldier__ on January 28th, 2013 1:17 pm

Thanks, though on second thought I forgot to add the final outcome, so here it is:

And when the NFL starts to go bankrupts as fans continue to tune out, Obama will blame the GOP for causing the problem and then demand a bail out seiing how the NFL is too big to fail.

15. Truesoldier__ on January 28th, 2013 1:19 pm

Of course more often than not, like Obama, that one co-worker dominates the conversation with how everything is not fair and everything is always somebody else's fault.

16. Truesoldier__ on January 28th, 2013 1:22 pm

Of course the real reason he would have to think twice about sending his son, if he had one, out to play football would have everything to do with the fact he knows they would get their a$$ kicked off the field for showing up in the Mom jeans that he made them wear.

17. Truesoldier__ on January 28th, 2013 1:29 pm

Whenever I hear one of these types of programs airs I start to double scan the news to see what P'BO is up to. As you said, she is running cover for dear leader, the only question is what exactly is it this time.

18. Marshall_Will on January 28th, 2013 1:36 pm

In this case, she's covering for any criticisms of O'Drama -already- made. Cementing the fact we are all raaacists. Like I say I couldn't stomach this folly for long but at no point was personal accountability or good old fashioned hard work ever mentioned?

It serves to add yet another minority group and whole other talking point when vilifying us. We already knew we were against Blacks and Hispanics, duh! Now she's created a whole other category and minefield for us to tiptoe through. BORING.

19. Truesoldier__ on January 28th, 2013 1:40 pm

Oh and I see that Media Matters has shown their hypocrisy once again:

Brock’s Glock: In anti-gun DC, Media Matters for America gave bodyguard illegal weapons to guard founder David Brock

20. Marshall_Will on January 28th, 2013 1:55 pm

Brock's mental state has come into question more than once. We've heard him referred to as "paranoid" and "has more security than a third world dictator".

Maybe the Left can explain the difference between issuing gun permits to nutjobs and giving a nutjob his own personal ARMY..?

21. jeffythequick on January 28th, 2013 4:11 pm

So, I heard on Glenn this morning that he goes skeet shooting with his friends, and I got thinking…

Where in the heck is the Secret Service? I mean, will they actually have people that aren't them around the president with a bunch of guns? I mean, they'd have to have a reaction time of 0.5 seconds if one of his friends wanted to do the president harm.

I'd be a nervous SS agent at that point.