CNN says this was just an intentionally funny “teaser” for the upcoming segment, but they never seem to have such a rich sense of humor when it comes to teasing stories involving Dems:

rubio

“Can a sip of water make or break a political career?”

Has CNN ever asked if getting BJs in the Oval Office, admitting snorting coke, visiting Dominican prostitutes or leaving a woman to drown on Martha’s Vineyard could “make or break a political career”? Some would like to know.

Comments

18 Responses to “CNN on Rubio: Can a Sip of Water Make or Break a Political Career?”

1. SignPainterGuy on February 14th, 2013 4:15 pm

In the spirit of "when you`re taking flack, you know you`re over the target", the left is throwing all their slings and arrows in a lame attempt to discredit and shame one of the right`s most outstanding politicians. The left`s desperation is showing. They have no straight, strong arrows in their quiver. (How`s that for a Valentines reference ?)

So Rubio was wearing a sweater on his tongue and drank water on camera ! He didn`t drink wine and pop too many Ambiens before hand.

He even had a good response in an email to Shark Tank`s Javier Manjarres; "I don`t often respond to the president, but when I do, I drink water. Stay thirsty my friends." Looks like a ready made ad for "Poland Springs" water to me !

2. Granny55 on February 14th, 2013 5:00 pm

Geezsh CNN – Ted Kennedy had an episode IN THE WATER and left a young woman to die. Didn't seem to hurt his career thanks to pukes like you in the media covering the liberals a$$.

3. Marshall_Will on February 14th, 2013 5:07 pm

Um… good point!

There's no there there. Had it been rumored Marco had a bit of a… you know 'drinking problem' then at least there'd be cause for speculation. ( I read Jackie Gleason's "coffee cup" while on air was straight vodka! ) He even got a kick out of pretending it was 'hot'.

You know, one of those; "Whom am I really 'kidding' here?" type moments. I go to public speaking events all the time and we even have a few on the Base for when you're doing Awards, promotions etc. I don't GET it?

4. Truesoldier__ on February 14th, 2013 5:32 pm

Now compare the coverage Rubio (who has his share of real problems) is getting for taking a sip of water vs the coverage Obama got when a fly landed on his face:

Something was bugging President Obama today as he nominated Mary Jo White to head the Securities and Exchange Commission and re-nominated Richard Cordray to lead the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

“This guy is bothering me here,” the president said, as he repeatedly swatted at a large black fly buzzing near his face.

Given Obama’s reputation, it was a bold move for the insect to spar with the “swatter in chief.”

During a June 2009 CNBC interview, Obama famously killed a fly with a single smack.

“Get out of here,” the president ordered of the fly before the interview began.

When the directive was ignored, Obama waited for the fly to land on his hand and then, “slap,” swiftly ended its life with a single blow.

“That was pretty impressive, wasn’t it?” Obama proudly declared. “I got the sucker.”

5. Truesoldier__ on February 14th, 2013 5:44 pm

O/T…Missouri Dem's going for guns:

6. JetHeadJoe on February 14th, 2013 6:12 pm

Judging by the behavior of CNN's on-air "news" personnel, I think they're drinking a clear liquid, but from a mason jar instead of a plastic bottle. Hell, if I worked at Chicken Noodle News, I'd drink moonshine before I went on air as well.

If this is the best the leftist media can do to trash Rubio, they might want to quit because at this point in the game, they're so far behind that they will never catch up.

7. Marshall_Will on February 14th, 2013 7:50 pm

OT,

While doing a little research on strip malls ( all my friends seem to own except me? ) I stumbled on a UCLA prof. that ( as you'd suspect ) wants to cut the evil landlord out of the picture "and keep the profits in the community!" then goes on to explain all the do-gooder fru-fru that stretch even the most progressive of imaginations!

My idea ( while similar in practice ) would result in a 180 result. Powerbases for the Tea Party, free enterprise and frankly, visible defiance! There's tons in default and/or abandoned offering rents based on -sales- ( not sq. footage ) with a portion going toward backing Conservative candidates at the CITY level.

???

8. Granny55 on February 14th, 2013 9:08 pm

Great Idea!!!

9. Granny55 on February 14th, 2013 9:15 pm

O/T Lindsy Gramnasty is on Brett Bair's show right now and showed he has a pair. Just eviserated OBlamo and Hilltary on Benghazi.

What is it with the Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde with these guys????

10. Truesoldier__ on February 14th, 2013 10:18 pm

It's not an election year.

I was glad to see that the GOP has fillibustered Hagel till they get more answers on Benghazi. My guess is that we will not have a SecDef until Obama pulls another non-recess appointment, cause you know he is not going to give up any more Benghazi info.

11. Dale on February 15th, 2013 12:25 am

I guess Rubio won't get a gig on CNN after his political career is over because of this horrible water drinking incident. I guess he should have hired $2,000 per night hookers like Spitzer to further his television opportunities.

12. Marshall_Will on February 15th, 2013 12:49 am

Dale,

+100

Elliot could be such a great career mentor to Marco!

13. Marshall_Will on February 15th, 2013 1:00 am

What got me started [vaguely] on the idea was reading MM's You've Got Hatemail! and all the enlightened, 'tolerant' progressives spewing their bile ( on a daily basis ) "If it weren't for Fox/your WHITE husband/being an "anchor baby" you'd be working in a nail salon like all the other g**k b*tch3s..!"

As she would say; "What a charmer!" As it turns out, Mrs. Will is good friends w/ all those nail salon gals. They're VERY hard workers, they're not asking anyONE for anyTHING and NO ONE is there to give them a voice!? So they just toil away in Strip Malls, hoping next year is better than last?

We already at a point where any real estate ( worth owning ) is done thru huge "equity raises" and controlled increasingly by a handful of hedge fund managers and Doug's crazy Uncle Warren Buffet. Right now strip malls aren't even on their radar. We can deal directly w/ the lenders who no doubt would think we're CRAZY ( but..? ) Much of the ground work is already done.

14. ChapBix on February 15th, 2013 1:40 am

Just a hunch that it is a Dem from St. Louis or Kansas City. They would not want their bro in the hood to have someone shoot back at them and not be defenseless.

15. Dale on February 15th, 2013 7:30 am

I have to correct my last entry. Spitzer paid $1,000 dollars an hour to his high end whore. Just goes to show Dem's spend their own money as foolishly as they do ours.

16. jeffythequick on February 15th, 2013 10:49 am

and he got his $10 worth!

*ZING*

I'm here all week, folks… don't forget to tip your waitstaff…

17. jeffythequick on February 15th, 2013 10:56 am

The problem CNN has with Rubio drinking the water is that it wasn't the flavor-aid* they serve.

*The term "kool-aid" is used to describe those that will drink what their cult leader tells them to, even if it means their death. This hearkens back to Jim Jones, Communist cult leader, who served his followers poisoned drink, which, in fact, was flavor-aid, not kool-aid. Just a different brand.

18. SignPainterGuy on February 15th, 2013 4:16 pm

THAT is exactly right ! Had he chugged a bottle of the Obammie-Aid, the question would have been, "Is Rubio a closet dem ?"