humility

It’s official now… President Obama will no doubt go down in history as “Barack the Humble”:

“You know, the one thing about being president is, after four years, you get pretty humble. You’d think maybe you wouldn’t but actually you become more humble — you realize what you don’t know,” Obama said.

“You realize all the mistakes you made. But you also realize you can’t do things by yourself. That’s not how our system works. You’ve got to have the help and the goodwill of Congress, and what that means is you’ve got to make sure that constituents of members of Congress are putting some pressure on them, making sure they’re doing the right thing.”

“Realize you can’t do things by yourself” is Obama’s way of saying “I didn’t build that,” so at least he’s ideologically consistent.

More than four years after promising to slow the rise of the oceans, end wars, close Gitmo, and the whole rainbows, gumdrops and unicorns thing, here’s the face of humility who wants to keep doing the same crap that got us into this mess claiming he’s learned from his mistakes. What a funny guy. Not “ha ha” funny, but amusing in a way:

Comments

40 Responses to “Obama: After 4 Years as President You Get Pretty Humble”

1. SignPainterGuy on February 26th, 2013 7:47 pm

Aaah, so THAT`S what humility looks like !?!?

So many code words / phrases, so little time. Pres. Open & Transparent just can`t understand why ANYONE would not support his policies, why he would have to wait on congress to act, why they don`t drop everything and pass his notions within a day of his mentioning them.

I`m amazed that after so many lies and broken promises, so many people haven`t noticed a trend.

2. SignPainterGuy on February 26th, 2013 8:36 pm

O/T, but still in the spirit of "humility" in Obama`s world: (?)
    A caller to the local talkshow today told of a TV morning show, the subject was Obama Phones and the guests had them. One woman opened her purse and retrieved one. The camera zoomed in on the contents of her purse – 8 MORE phones. She PROUDLY said she had 30 more at home !

I have to question some people`s definition of "humility" !

3. backwoodsconsr on February 26th, 2013 8:36 pm

If only he actually would learn from his mistakes. But last I heard we have not yet developed a computer powerful enough to handle numbers large enough to calculate the odds of that happening.

4. SignPainterGuy on February 26th, 2013 8:46 pm

Start with the fact that Barry does not believe HE made any mistakes, they were all other`s mistakes or caused by others, the odds are ZERO / NO chance !

Odds are calculated by multiplication and division, right ? Zero times / divided by ANYTHING is still ZERO !

5. backwoodsconsr on February 26th, 2013 8:48 pm

How many sew-shall-ists does it take to change a light bulb?
    None. They keep believing that someday it's going to work.

6. Marshall_Will on February 26th, 2013 9:02 pm

"why they don`t drop everything and pass his notions within a day of his mentioning them."

Notions… nothing more. Even w/ a solid, well defined PLAN and 10, 20 30+ years of marriage your spouse isn't going to "drop everything" and do JACK for you. People need to get comfortable w/ new, let alone RADICAL ideas.

This guy really IS a retard isn't he?

7. Marshall_Will on February 26th, 2013 9:04 pm

That should be on every conservative blog in the COUNTRY.

Don't tell me they didn't know this was going to happen…

8. SignPainterGuy on February 26th, 2013 9:08 pm

The projected cost was something in the $Millions, but has ballooned to $2 Billion already ! I wonder why ?

9. SignPainterGuy on February 26th, 2013 9:16 pm

I thought they gather around it, sing resounding choruses of "Kumbaya" and throw money at it thinking THAT will make it work again ! ?

Spell-check doesn`t like my spelling of "Kumbaya". I right-clicked on it to see if perhaps it needed some "Hs" in it. Nope, they suggest "Jambalaya". Even spell-check knows "Kumbaya" won`t get demoprogs anywhere.

10. backwoodsconsr on February 26th, 2013 9:20 pm

I don't use spell check. I find it annoying. I seldom need corrections on my spelling. It's something I've always been good at.

11. backwoodsconsr on February 26th, 2013 9:21 pm

He could make most of the people in a home for the mentally challenged look smart.

12. Granny55 on February 26th, 2013 9:27 pm

All the time the lap dog media is humping his leg and exclaiming "We're humb… err humping too!!!

I, too, am ashamed of my country – especially those that voted for and approve of this crap sandwich.

13. Marshall_Will on February 26th, 2013 9:40 pm

ROI ( Return On Investment ) for Carlos Slim and Pollack.

Wonder what ELSE ( she has 30 of? )

14. Marshall_Will on February 26th, 2013 9:43 pm

Obligatory statement he throws out there so the LSM can 'report' on it. Pukes like Andrew Sullivan can use it to beat MM over the HEAD w/ it don't you know?

Hey, get a chance see that article on Detroit and what's really adding up to a Galt Strike, or taxpayer's REVOLT! Really awesome to behold.

15. Marshall_Will on February 26th, 2013 9:45 pm

Ah… YOU my man have discovered the 'secret'. ( Only use the words you can SPELL! ) As your vocabulary grows soon the only ones that elude are medical, or nautical..!

16. backwoodsconsr on February 26th, 2013 9:54 pm

Not much of a problem there either. I can spell deoxyribonucleic acid with ease. I think the main thing with nautical terms is knowing your knots from your nots.

On the other hand, there are things I'm not so good at. I do change my own oil and can do minor repairs, but don't even think of asking me to rebuild an engine.

17. SignPainterGuy on February 26th, 2013 9:57 pm

Or something scienterrific !

18. SignPainterGuy on February 26th, 2013 10:00 pm

I saw that too and wondered; are they too broke to pay or are they doing it on purpose – goin` Galt or making the point, "Fix what`s broke in this town ! FIRST !"

19. backwoodsconsr on February 26th, 2013 10:01 pm

I was president of the science club in high school. I think the word "nerd" came into popular use while I was in high school. I wonder if that was just a coincidence.

20. Marshall_Will on February 26th, 2013 10:02 pm

Ha! A ( fellow bibliophile and I ) once speculated upwards of 20% of terms in the dictionary in fact have a nautical ref. connotation or application. MANY of which have no practical use any more!

Jibs, yardarms and whatnots. If we, not 'expunged' necessarily but listed them sep. it would be a lot less intimidating and perhaps the potential for 8th graders ( and rap artists ) to have more than a 500 word vocabulary?

All moot NOW of course, no one even READS the dictionary?

21. SignPainterGuy on February 26th, 2013 10:07 pm

Could she be part of a drug ring, using them like burn phones – one use and pitch it ?

I don`t expect much from them, but there must be some kind of logic behind wanting 39 phones. Selling them ?

22. SignPainterGuy on February 26th, 2013 10:23 pm

"This guy really IS a retard isn't he?"

On his better days, yes !

23. SignPainterGuy on February 26th, 2013 10:29 pm

A country boy related, after reading a suggested list, said "He enjoyed Joe Graphy, but that Dick Nary got on his nerves, he changed the subject too often !"

24. SignPainterGuy on February 26th, 2013 10:33 pm

Dr. Seuss is credited with coining the word in his 1950 book "If I Ran A Zoo", but I have no idea when it gained popular use. It seems like I can remember hearing it in Hi Sch.

25. backwoodsconsr on February 26th, 2013 10:47 pm

Okay, so it wasn't invented to describe me. Shucks.

26. backwoodsconsr on February 26th, 2013 10:48 pm

Somebody should hand Obama a dictionary and tell him to look up the word "humble". He doesn't seem to have a good understanding of its meaning.

27. SignPainterGuy on February 26th, 2013 10:58 pm

You aren`t socially awkward, so, NO !

28. backwoodsconsr on February 26th, 2013 11:09 pm

Humility is a frequent topic of discussion in AA meetings. I once heard a story of an AA group that took a vote on which of its members was the most humble. They gave him a big pin with the words "Most Humble" on it. At the next meeting they took it away from him, because he wore it.

29. SignPainterGuy on February 26th, 2013 11:12 pm

He says "transparent", we say "secretive". He says "humble", we say "arrogant". He makes false claims, we call him a liar !

30. backwoodsconsr on February 26th, 2013 11:13 pm

In those days I was. I learned that word after hearing it used to describe me. Somehow over the years I've gone from being a shy introvert to a much more confident extrovert.

31. SignPainterGuy on February 26th, 2013 11:50 pm

Driving trucks did it for me. Working in my biz and in front of a lot of people, sometimes on camera, balancing m/c tires helped too !

I still feel really self-conscious being the center of attention. I always disliked painting a sign on a store front; that would be the day everyone I know would come by !

32. backwoodsconsr on February 27th, 2013 12:03 am

My involvement with AA did it for me. From getting involved in group discussions to chairing meetings and being the speaker at a speaker meetings, I came out of my shell and found that the world outside my head was more hospitable than I thought. Also, since the years when I had the self-doubt of an adolescent, I've accomplished enough things and seen enough of how quickly most people form a good opinion of me, that I now know myself to be a highly capable individual and deserving of respect.

33. ak47 on February 27th, 2013 11:23 am

Obama deserves the award for most obtuse as well in not seeing the irony in bragging about his supposed humility.

34. Truesoldier__ on February 27th, 2013 1:32 pm

"You’ve got to have the help and the goodwill of Congress, and what that means is you’ve got to make sure that constituents of members of Congress are putting some pressure on them, making sure they’re doing the right thing"

Yeah, because nothing says humility like putting pressure on American citizens so as to have them call their members of Congress and twist some arms.

35. Marshall_Will on February 27th, 2013 2:25 pm

TS,

As always, there's the Truthspeak (TM) laden w/ more ciphers than the Zodiac Killer. Firstly posing the entire phrase in 1st person. Maybe YOU gotta' do something pal, WE don't have to do JACK.

"help and goodwill". ( read public denigration and relentless bullying )

Again, 'you' ( not I, as in MY problem )

'constituents' ( low information voters, as represented by community organizers )

pressure = thuggish behavior/threat/brinksmanship

"the right thing" = My Agenda

36. Truesoldier__ on February 27th, 2013 4:27 pm

Have you ever thought of writting the Truthspeak (TM) translation guide? Might be a lot of money to be made in it. At a minimum it would be an entertaining read.

37. Dexter_Alarius on February 27th, 2013 4:58 pm

I was thinking along the same lines.
    So, getting the "goodwill of Congress" means partisan attacks and agitating constituents?
    Right.

38. SignPainterGuy on February 27th, 2013 7:19 pm

I`d buy a copy ! :-)

39. Sean on March 3rd, 2013 8:56 pm

This is Obama displaying his utter ignorance of government checks and balances. He should have learned this his sophomore year in high school not realize it deep into his second term as the President of the United States of America.

40. Antony on March 25th, 2013 6:18 pm

What about the other side