Recently our wise and brilliant vice president instructed people to get a shotgun and, if you believe intruders are outside or inside your home, to just blindly fire a blast through the door.

You might find this hard to believe, but a Virginia man has been charged for doing precisely what Biden is advising:

Snowden told police the suspects pointed weapons at him and told him to shut the bedroom door. Thinking the suspects were going to rob him, he moved into the hallway and retrieved a shotgun. Moyers said Snowden fired through his bedroom door, then opened the door and fired several more rounds toward the window. Any suspects fled the area and could not be located by officers.

No one was injured and there were no reports of damage to other property.

Snowden was charged with reckless handling of a firearm in the incident and released on a summons.

Keep spreading that winning advice, Joe!

And keep in mind, this is the guy who’s in charge of figuring out how to lower the gun crime rate.

Comments

23 Responses to “Reminder: Taking Shotgun Tips from Joe Biden Will Get You in Trouble”

1. sizemorew on March 1st, 2013 3:17 pm

I am shocked, shocked that following Biden's advice is a bad idea.

2. jeffythequick on March 1st, 2013 3:36 pm

This may be a serious case of "Stupid is as stupid does."

You make the call on who I am talking about…
    ;)

3. Anne on March 1st, 2013 3:36 pm

I know…weird! And we all had such faith in his wisdom.

4. Marshall_Will on March 1st, 2013 3:47 pm

Ladies… STOP. Lol

"Released on a summons". Any VA lawyers out there? Is that the same legal motion as "personal recognizance"? Mindful, this was Snowden's BEDROOM door, not the front ( as G.I Joe, with kung-fu grip ) advocates.

When IS it ok to defend your self and property in VA? America? What's George Zimmerman's lawyer's number again..?

5. SignPainterGuy on March 1st, 2013 3:57 pm

Jawn "Americans Have the Right to Be Stupid" Kerry, who did in fact serve in Vietnam, should place very high on that loooong list, but gee, guy, can ya narrow it down just a bit ? ;-)

6. SignPainterGuy on March 1st, 2013 3:59 pm

Sizemorew and Anne, hello Ladies ! Haven`t seen you in a bit ! We miss your perspective when you`re not around !

7. Marshall_Will on March 1st, 2013 4:12 pm

Well, other than he's 22 y.o, I don't know a THING about Trevor Lamont Snowden? But I DO know he has the right to be secure in his own home!

Normally drunks that wander into what they 'thought' was a party are wearing lampshades ( not black ski masks? ) While they may LEAVE via the bedroom window, oft of necessity, seldom do they 'enter' that way?

Secondly they outnumbered the homeowner 2-to-1. Once breaching entry, the victim ( yes I said VICTIM ) had no assurance he wouldn't be out gunned to boot. Now this smells like drug-hit/deal gone bad but for purposes of discussion, has no bearing. Even dopers have the right to be secure in their own crash pad.

8. SignPainterGuy on March 1st, 2013 4:23 pm

Questions abound ! I DO hope cooler heads and common sense prevail here. You Have to wonder about it though, even VA is being liberalized !

Curious, Sheriff Joe was tasked to keep track of the Porkulus spending and some other large responsibilities; is his valuable advisory service taking up too much time and energy the reason we`ve seen NOT THE 1st WORD on said spending ?

9. Truesoldier__ on March 1st, 2013 4:23 pm

If I were Snowdens attorney I would subpeona Plugs and ask him under oath if he advised people to shoot through doors with a shotgun after playing back the audio. After Biden says yes, I would then ask for an acquittal based on the fact that the VP of the United States had advised said client to protcet themselves in such a way.

10. Marshall_Will on March 1st, 2013 4:39 pm

Good points, and we don't know if Snowden was being chased down the street and jumped thru the same window only seconds before?

Even it that were the case, What.Does.It.Matter..!?@$*!? to paraphrase our [former] SoS. Look, I work around teens and 20-somethings ALL the time and, crazy stuff just seems to happen to people at that age! They can wrap a pick-up around a telephone pole and be at work 3 hours later…

Love Doug's perpetual loopy loop btw!

11. SignPainterGuy on March 1st, 2013 4:45 pm

Sounds like good advise, HOWEVER, the prosecuting atty. or the judge would be quick to point out that "ignorance of the law is no defense / excuse" AND it`s obvious that O`Biden is "ignorant" of the law, PLUS he`s lacking in ANY common sense !

12. Marshall_Will on March 1st, 2013 4:51 pm

SPG,

I'm picturing an unamused icy stare from the bench as we speak.

But this young man's case ( assuming he has a clean record and good work/school history ) could well become the Right's Sandra Fluke for the very real war on gun ownership.

I'm fairly convinced without that shotgun we'd have found him bled out on the floor of his own home.

13. Truesoldier__ on March 1st, 2013 5:04 pm

True. My thought is when the judge throws that out there you push for Biden to be charged as an accessory to the crime. Either you get it thrown out or you drag a sitting VP down with you…win -win.

14. Truesoldier__ on March 1st, 2013 5:05 pm

You may very well be right. As you pointed out, coming in wearing a ski mask tends to mean you are up to no good (unless you are starring in the latest VW commercial).

15. Marshall_Will on March 1st, 2013 5:17 pm

As if one of Doug's posts would need further folly..,

The kid didn't hit a THING! No blood splatter, trail of blood or corpse found in the alley. Did the VB popo bother checking ER admissions for the evening? ( Hint fella's, he'd have shown up some time after 10:30pm )

I guess George ZimSnowderman could've fired a few shots in the air, but he was inside at the time and I'll assume if they crawled thru the window it was on the first floor? Progs don't get it; meth addicts and jacked up burglars don't 'freeze' when you point a gun at them!

Their whole PRISON sentence flashes before their eyes..!

16. jeffythequick on March 1st, 2013 5:20 pm

MW,

The things in his favor: being released on his own recognizance…

However, I was making my judgement off of the basic rules for guns:
    Don't aim unless you intend to pull the trigger.
    Know what you're aiming at.

It looks like shooting through a door, he did one, but not the other.

Oh yeah… know what's behind your target that might get hit if you miss.

17. jeffythequick on March 1st, 2013 5:22 pm

looking at my response, I'd like to take some of it back…

having someone breaking in your house, the rules are a bit different.

however, in applying it to my house, I'd have to know where everyone was before doing anything like that (kids involved).

18. Obama bin Biden on March 1st, 2013 5:38 pm

It's frightening to think this pinhead is one heartbeat from the Oval Office.

19. Marshall_Will on March 1st, 2013 5:39 pm

JTQ,

Right, see my post below. As for it being a dealer hit, that breaks down too. Had he been 'waiting' for them, the shotgun would have already been on his shoulder.

They'd be dead ( for one ) and/or halfway in/out the window. Probably face shots. Most dealers keep a gun on the table/plain sight at all times.

20. sizemorew on March 1st, 2013 5:42 pm

Off-topic, but this is too good a mockery to pass up, Doug:

Jedi Mind Meld

Hat-tip to Twitchy.

21. sizemorew on March 1st, 2013 5:45 pm

Just saying what we're all thinkin', Will. ;)

It's okay to defend yourself and property when…uh…

Give me a minute. I'll think of it.

22. jeffythequick on March 2nd, 2013 1:32 am

The more frightening thing is that it would be an improvement.

23. SignPainterGuy on March 2nd, 2013 2:44 am

Let it go, Barry, this is not the movie reference you are looking for !