Time for another “meet the people who cancel out your vote” video, this one by way of the Jimmy Kimmel show.

As BigFurHat at IOwnTheWorld wrote, because this is California, we know these people are Obama voters — but at about the 2:40 mark you’ll meet an exceedingly honest one:

Comments

36 Responses to “Man on the Street Question: Should Obama Pardon the Sequester?”

1. SignPainterGuy on March 7th, 2013 1:37 pm

The Kimmelmeister strikes again ! It`s such an encouragement to see people, in this case in the land of fruits n nuts, expounding on their knowledge of current events. There`s just nothing like expressing strong opinions and convictions with confidence. The msm is doing their jobs really well, if their jobs are to feed their audience with pablum and useless and /or incorrect information.

I enjoyed this one almost as much as when Jimmy asked people to sign his petition to "Stop Women`s Suffrage". Yep, people were opposed to suffering women in droves !

2. jeffythequick on March 7th, 2013 2:01 pm

Those videos are good for a laugh, but (I haven't seen this one – at work now) I'd love to see one where two people are interviewed, and the idiot says they typical idiocy, then their friend tries to let them know what they just spewed.

3. SignPainterGuy on March 7th, 2013 2:15 pm

Wouldn`t that require the "friend" to actually know something ?

So far, they`re just proving Reagan right when he said (paraphrasing), "It`s not that liberals are ignorant, it`s that they know so much that isn`t so."

4. Marshall_Will on March 7th, 2013 2:16 pm

Incredibly, I'm calling BUNK on Jimmy. Firstly, this is after all, Hollywood Blvd. Even if these people weren't impromptu plants, and I've every reason to suspect they WERE, anyone on HB is THERE to get their freak on! Canadians especially.

Lots of people are on the Blvd. to "get discovered" and what better way than to go looking for a camera & mic? You're running a nightly 'comedy' show and it places you in a desperate situation for fresh material all_the_time.

5. SignPainterGuy on March 7th, 2013 2:25 pm

Well, THANK YOU Mr Paarty Poopuh !! ;-)

I did notice the two asst. Spidermans. Also, I`m not convinced Ms Honesty was actually a "Ms".

6. Marshall_Will on March 7th, 2013 2:41 pm

Hey…. ( how'd you like to appear in a segment on the Jimmy Kimmel show!? ) Yeah, fo' REAL!

Seriously? What I gotta' DO?

Just play along w/ our dumb questions and who knows, you might get discovered!?

I worked booths at the county fairs w/ my old man and dad was masterful at recruiting, employing and exploiting shills. When you know what to look for, you can spot them a mile away. Red hair, super TALL, dorky, funny accent, anything that stands out from avg. works best.

7. Joe Redfield on March 7th, 2013 2:42 pm

On Hollywood Blvd "Which way is up?" is a confusing question.

8. SignPainterGuy on March 7th, 2013 2:52 pm

That has to be where Cheech & Chong got the idea for their question, "What`s your name, Bob ?"

9. SignPainterGuy on March 7th, 2013 3:01 pm

I yield to you expertise. It`s easy to imagine the difficulty of keeping Leno in jokes; providing a constant flow of live action skits has to be more challenging ! No wonder then that a good one is such a stand out !

10. Marshall_Will on March 7th, 2013 3:16 pm

That's in no way to imply Doug was wrong to feature this! Vote Nixers exist and exist in DROVES. And just because you're able to ply/entice the man on the street into hamming up the Ashtray Factor isn't to imply they're otherwise 'informed'.

Here's an *interesting* one. Caught the latest Pawn Stars and George Stephaopoulos "just happened to stop by" and just happened to express an interest in a 1st Edition Hemmingway the shop 'just' picked up! ( Since George is America's Favorite Shill, you'd think it went of flawlessly right?

But it all looked so contrived! Shilling works best when it's off the cuff. Before said shill's had time to weigh the ethical consequences. George couldn't pull it off!

11. Truesoldier__ on March 7th, 2013 3:22 pm

I actually found a worse video than this one, especially cause this one isn't a plant it is the honest way this moron really thinks:

12. SignPainterGuy on March 7th, 2013 3:24 pm

"I worked booths at the county fairs w/ my old man and dad was masterful at recruiting, employing and exploiting shills."

Do you ever watch "The Mentalist" ? You have a similar background with the star, who as a kid was trained by his "psychic" Dad to be super observant and made a small fortune scamming people. Now, he works for the CBI to solve crimes, mostly murders.

13. SignPainterGuy on March 7th, 2013 3:39 pm

Fascinating how "old stuff" turns out to be worth a small fortune or worthless or even fakes on Pawn Stars. Interesting show as long as the kid and grandpa aren`t featured too much. Not surprised to hear that Stephanawfulus couldn`t pull off a fake interest segment; he doesn`t pull off spinning the news any better.

14. SignPainterGuy on March 7th, 2013 3:47 pm

Electing Grahamnesty is not one of SC`s brighter moments.

BREAKING : Rush Limbaugh is breaking w/ tradition; he is having Rand Paul on LIVE in a little while. Glenn had him on this morning. I assume it was Rand`s 1st interview after the filibuster.

Graham is joined by McRino bucking against Rand`s stand !

15. Marshall_Will on March 7th, 2013 3:48 pm

Thanks! ( at least I 'think' that was a compliment? )

My godfather, whom I spent an equal time with, taught me as much if not more. He was this 5' 4" Italian Jew that pulled his pants up to nearly his armpits who's default facial expression was, "Don't be freaking IMBECILE". ( I knew it well )

But you know something; "Corey", Rick's son got a SLAM in on Stephaopoulos! When George was inquiring about the book, Corey said; "I have to be honest, I've never actually read the book?"

George said, "You 'haven't'!?" Corey replied; "We didn't really even HAVE 'books' in my high school.." and gave George the patented Thanks a freaking LOT look. GS began to laugh but quickly realized he was getting punked and cut it short.

16. jeffythequick on March 7th, 2013 3:59 pm

Weird! He should wait until 2015 to go lib… I guess he isn't learning from McLame on that point… 4 years Lib, 2 years Conservative…repeat…

17. Truesoldier__ on March 7th, 2013 4:04 pm

Looks like the much needed civil war within the ranks of the GOP is finally happening. Thank you Rand Paul for bringing this to the forefront. Now is the time we can take the party back from JoLins and their ilk.

18. Truesoldier__ on March 7th, 2013 4:06 pm

I love how many of the sites are pointing out Rand Paul (with the help of some other Conservative Senators, like Ted Cruz and Mike Lee) was fillibustering, while JoLins and other RINO's dined with dear leader.

19. Marshall_Will on March 7th, 2013 4:13 pm

Better yet, it's stoking an -equal- fracture in the Dimmocratic Party.

Are you a hard-line Progressive that places Party _above_ Country, The Agenda _above_ REASON?

Or are you like a Ron Wyden that occasionally respects the wishes of his constituents?

20. Marshall_Will on March 7th, 2013 4:22 pm

“If I can’t go have dinner with the president of the United States to talk about the problems that face our nation, I shouldn’t be running,” Mr. Graham said. “If you want to elect me and for me to promise you I’ll never talk to any Democrats or to the president about solving our problems, you’re voting for the wrong guy.”

Uh… okay… SEE Ya'!

( Dude, getting a transfer to SC must be looking better to you all the time! ) Looks to me like somebody just broke out the deathcards and dealt themselves an ACE! ( It goes on your forehead Lindsay… )

21. RightWingRocker on March 7th, 2013 4:46 pm

Honestly, I laughed through the whole thing.

Then I stopped. This isn't funny. It's serious.

RWR

22. Marshall_Will on March 7th, 2013 4:57 pm

Hey guy! Long time.., good to see ya'.

Are you LOVING this shake up going down or WHAT? The fact the filibuster went down early in the week means something's gonna' have to give before it's out. There won't be any handy-dandy doc-dumping their way out of THIS one?

Stop by any time!

23. Truesoldier__ on March 7th, 2013 5:45 pm

No kidding. Speaking of the dinner how much you want to bet that JoLins were seated next to eachother at the diner last night? I swear those two are attached at the hip.

A transfer to SC would have been nice, but I didn't get that one. I do have a second interview tomorrow for the job in Colorado, so that one is looking very promising.

24. Truesoldier__ on March 7th, 2013 5:47 pm

Good point. I saw that even Code Pink was congratulating and thanking Rand Paul over his fillibuster and brining to light the unconstitutional drone policy dear leader and his minions are pushing.

25. SignPainterGuy on March 7th, 2013 8:53 pm

It`s to be expected from people and orgs that hate killing for any reason anywhere except the womb. I think CP is opposed to drone strikes anywhere; ya know how each HellFire missile kills everyone, especially women and children within a 1/2 mile radius and they hit mosques like tornadoes go for trailer parks.

26. SignPainterGuy on March 7th, 2013 9:03 pm

Dang, TS, I was hopin` ya could`a moved down here where I could drop in on ya and been a real pest ! ;-)

Good luck w/ the CO job.

27. SignPainterGuy on March 7th, 2013 9:05 pm

Yeah, stop by any time, all the time, heck, every time ! ;-)

28. Truesoldier__ on March 7th, 2013 9:52 pm

Thanks. We were really looking forward to SC as well. That is one beautiful state with some really great people.

29. Truesoldier__ on March 7th, 2013 9:53 pm

O/T…but this really gives concealed carry a new meaning!

30. Marshall_Will on March 7th, 2013 10:32 pm

Hell YEAH-uh…

SC would be my first blush too but congrats on the 2nd int. The important part is getting OUT of Blurple Screechfest. The way we've no alternative but to consider this is as the old foot in the DOOR.

Portland's not my idea of a good time either.., but it *would* make getting transferred down to S. OR a lot more accessible. Fur…ther OT, our dept. head just got her big 'promotion'. Yea…! She'll now be 'in charge' of (2) E-9's and (1) bootcamp in a shop without WINDOWS.

You feel awful ( and she's everybody's fave Southern Belle and secret crush ) but, in many cases, it's all about TIMING. She's an over achiever if ever I saw one.

31. Marshall_Will on March 7th, 2013 10:38 pm

I'm… sure I wouldn't KNOW?

OMG guys, that is beyond bizarre. Kinda' feel for her BF though?

That's the thing about meth heads. They fail to acknowledge there's an entire swath of America that sees disparity between 3pm and 3AM…!

32. SignPainterGuy on March 8th, 2013 12:40 am

Since I grew up and live here, I prefer the beauty of the mountains of Western NC.

NE transplants have a tuff time getting used to us; we have this unusual tendency to strike up conversations with complete strangers. It takes them a while to lose their fear of people.

33. SignPainterGuy on March 8th, 2013 12:46 am

My Sis is also an over-achiever, but she has the personality to keep it from being a put-off !

My Nephew works often in a windowless bldg in Huntsville, AL. A tornado tore thru very close by and he wouldn`t have known without seeing it on the news until he stepped out at quitting time.

34. SignPainterGuy on March 8th, 2013 12:51 am

I`d bet the majority of DWI arrests occur between midnight and 3: am. By the local Police Blotters, you`d think that never dawns on these Einsteins !

35. Marshall_Will on March 8th, 2013 1:19 am

Mind if I share that story w/ her? Anything to cheer her up!

Unlike the big wig admin. bldg., it's on 'that' side of the Base w/ a commanding view of the elevated Union Pacific TRAIN tracks and a SuperFund cite 2nd only to Cleveland?

Sadly the 'zero' she replaced career DIED in the same office…

36. SignPainterGuy on March 8th, 2013 1:30 am

Share away ! Sounds like it`ll be all about the job `cause there`s no view outside to miss !

Dead careers don`t leave Haunts behind, do they ?