Early last year, Bill Maher donated a million dollars to the pro-Obama super-PAC Priorities USA. Obama’s pledge to make the rich pay their “fair share” were and are well documented. California leads the way on that push, but Maher doesn’t seem to appreciate the end result of the very initiatives his donations support:

Pointing at Virginia’s former Republican Congressman Tom Davis, Maher said, “You know what? Rich people – I’m sure you’d agree with this – actually do pay the freight in this country.”

“I just saw these statistics,” he continued, “I mean, something like 70 percent. And here in California, I just want to say liberals – you could actually lose me. It’s outrageous what we’re paying – over 50 percent. I’m willing to pay my share, but yeah, it’s ridiculous.”

Really hard to feel sorry for him, isn’t it?

High taxes may now chase Maher from California, and at that point he’ll go find a place to live that will allow him to protect and keep more of his money so he can continue to give it to politicians who will insist on raising taxes on the rich.

Comments

17 Responses to “Rich Guy Who Donated a Million Dollars to Re-Elect ‘Tax the Rich’ President Complains About High Taxes on the Rich”

1. backwoodsconsr on March 16th, 2013 7:24 pm

Stupid is as stupid does.

2. Dale on March 16th, 2013 7:29 pm

Pardon me if I am experiencing a little schadenfreud ( I hope that is spelled right) at this time. I feel about as bad for Maher as I do Olbermann for living in states that practice what they preach (as Doug has said in the past).

3. SignPainterGuy on March 16th, 2013 8:12 pm

It`s all fun n games till someone gets hurt !

Yes Dale, you spelled it right and I`m feeling it too !

4. Marshall_Will on March 16th, 2013 10:02 pm

You mean Phil Mickelson isn't an elitist, country clubin' 'greedy', rightwing nutjob @-hole after all? Maybe he and Pig can get a package deal from Mayflower?

Isn't it incredible how disparate the LSM will treat the two [identical] statements from two individuals? Evidently a few misogynist sexually degrading comments directed at Conservative [married] female commentators go a long way toward cutting you slack w/ the hard Left?

5. Marshall_Will on March 16th, 2013 10:06 pm

Yeah, scumbags like Pig 'belong' in California with their ultra hip lifestyle about as much as a Wisconsin polka band…

Because, he's so cool and trendy and whatnot?

6. SignPainterGuy on March 16th, 2013 11:41 pm

Hey, they did re-elect Gvnr Moonbeam after all that time out of office.

He`s a perfect fit; elitist, opinionated, stupid, hypocritical and a jerk ! Did I leave anything out ?

7. OldmanRick on March 17th, 2013 1:57 am

One gets what one pays for. Can't feel sorry for him. He knew that the divisive, narcissistic brat was and is a Marxist.

8. Granny55 on March 17th, 2013 11:19 am

Um Bill – those statistics have been out there for a long time but you are so joined at the hip with the radical left and their ilk you just believed them and never did any INDEPENDENT research! Yeah stupid is as stupid does. Please just stay in California and don't spread your leftist crap elsewhere.

9. Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup » Pirate's Cove on March 17th, 2013 12:35 pm

[...] Doug Powers has hypocritical rich Dems complaining about taxes [...]

10. Stranded in Sonoma on March 17th, 2013 2:21 pm

Why didn't he get this epiphany before he gave 0bama the million bux and before the election?

11. SignPainterGuy on March 17th, 2013 2:29 pm

The only MSM outlet that mentioned those facts was the Comedy Ch., so he thought it was only a joke !

12. jeffythequick on March 17th, 2013 4:10 pm

He is as intellectual as a 2 year old…

Mom: Don't touch the stove. It's hot.
    Kid looks at the stove, contemplates touching it…
    Mom: Don't touch…
    Kid touches the stove, goes around the house screaming, "Hot Hot Hot!"

…and so it goes.

Mr. Maher, welcome to reality. 55 is a long time to live in fantasy land, isn't it?

And, by the way, I'm not against Socialism. Just don't make me pay for it.

Freedom allows me personal socialism.
    Socialism doesn't allow me personal freedom.

13. jeffythequick on March 17th, 2013 4:11 pm

CRAP!!!

Forgot about the Sew-shall-ism moderator blocker!!!

14. Whom on March 17th, 2013 5:56 pm

It's really tragi-comic that the pointy headed liberals who profess themselves soooo smugly wise and intellectually superior are in fact such gosh darn lost souls and so stupid to the core.

15. Truesoldier__ on March 18th, 2013 12:22 pm

The sad thing is all this means is this ultra-lib will move to another state that does not have such conficatory rates and then start complaining that "the rich" in his new state "don't pay their fair share".

16. SignPainterGuy on March 18th, 2013 2:07 pm

Coincidentally, when I was just a toddler, I defied warnings about touching the back of our huge Siegler furnace and learned two of my early words, "HOT-BURN !!"

17. Robert on March 28th, 2013 3:57 pm

{Merci pour avoir r?dig? ce billet. Il est vraiment complet sur le th?me "rediger un communique de presse".