And by “He” I’m referring to… Cesar Chavez:

chavez2

On Easter Sunday, Google is honoring the birthday of the late labor organizer Cesar Chavez by placing a Chavez portrait within the middle “o” of the Google logo that appears on the homepage of the popular search engine.

While Google frequently decorates its logo to celebrate various holidays and special events, it is unclear why the company chose specifically to honor Chavez’s birthday, instead of Easter Sunday.

According to The Blaze, Google has never recognized Easter, but it is interesting that the company headed by a big Obama supporter would honor a union leader on the day Christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Two years ago, President Obama declared March 31st “Cesar Chavez Day.” I imagine that Google’s explanation would be that they want to keep things secular, but if that’s the case then they probably should have just done nothing.

Suggestions for new Google mottos are popping up on Twitter:

*****

If you’re looking for a search engine that at least hints at the fact that it’s Easter, Bing’s got you covered.

Blessed Easter (or Passover) to all our readers!

Comments

18 Responses to “For Google, He is Risen”

1. John Richards on March 31st, 2013 1:04 pm

Memo to Google: Jesus Christ is Risen today. Cesar Chavez? Not so much.

2. Truesoldier__ on March 31st, 2013 1:54 pm

Happy Easter everyone.

Just one more reason I prefer to use Bing over Google.

3. SignPainterGuy on March 31st, 2013 2:32 pm

Have a wonderful Passover and Easter everyone !

For several months last year my monthly MS update package incl. the Bing Desktop. I "unchecked" it and installed the others, not wanting yet another new homepage or change to the way I like things, even my desktop background. Then I decided to give it a try, knowing I could switch back if it was too frustrating. Guess what, it`s a new daily background (no other changes) that`s usually quite interesting and beautiful, like today, a screen full of hand painted Easter Eggs !

I switched away from Google a year ago or more and haven`t looked back, unless Bing Can`t find something; it`s rare. Google Earth is the only thing I use intentionally now.

4. Pasadena Phil on March 31st, 2013 4:21 pm

"…it is unclear why the company chose specifically to honor Chavez’s birthday, instead of Easter Sunday."

It is to remind people that Chavez' famous march from Sacramento to the southern border was to protest illegal immigration which was absolutely killing the ability of the LEGAL migrant farm workers to make a decent living. It's not the Mexicans in the US that advocate open borders but the Chamber of Commerce. So let's at least celebrate Chavez for one RIGHT reason.

5. SignPainterGuy on March 31st, 2013 4:34 pm

For those of us wondering if the Obama`s would attend Easter Services, he / they did not miss the photo-op and his pastor was careful to stay on topic – "The War On Blacks and Women" ! http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/31/pastor

6. Granny55 on March 31st, 2013 5:56 pm

Saw that! I find it so disgusting that the clergy in this country buys into this crap!

7. Granny55 on March 31st, 2013 5:58 pm

And so glad they all made it back safe and sound from their vacations for said photo op.

8. Granny55 on March 31st, 2013 5:58 pm

And for Doug…..Go Blue!!!

9. SignPainterGuy on March 31st, 2013 7:22 pm

Yes indeed ! It would have been terrible for the media to have been blamed for anything untoward that happened to the First Vacationers because of their reporting the whereabouts of the daughters "at the time of their vacays" instead of the usual, "They 'were' in X resort" !

10. Marshall_Will on March 31st, 2013 7:49 pm

Good one John! Lol

Yeah and I don't recall hearing Chavez' name being mentioned at the service this morning? Sometimes the most simple explanations, well they just speak for themselves!

11. Marshall_Will on March 31st, 2013 7:56 pm

We've come to learn we can always count on Google to not be counted on when it matters!

Now that I think of it, the entirety of the internet for the vast VAST majority of it has been for all practical purposes "mapped". Ask yourself, when was the last time any of us really "searched" for anything?

Only "luddites" do that any more..! By far and away ( especially given how deeply DIVIDED this country has been forced to become ) now has all…. their "Favorites" lined up in a tidy row long ago.

Who really needs a "search engine" any more? Goog KNOWS their days are numbered and how the game is PLAYED nowadays and they've been compliant little b*tt boyz for this administration. We can say that a lot of search engines fell by the wayside as a result of Goog's "dominance" but for the most part, they're hardly 'essential' any more.

12. Marshall_Will on March 31st, 2013 7:59 pm

Wah-bam! Oh and Happy Easter Phil!

Yeah that inconvenient truth always gets muddled by the professional left and well intentioned RINO's. We keep REMINDING both but it's far too tempting for them not give a re-write?

13. Marshall_Will on March 31st, 2013 8:08 pm

First Vacationers

Ha! THAT one's gonna' STICK.

Took Mrs. Will down to Redding, CA and the weather was so nice back up in Oregon we made our way to mass at our own church after all! The grands were so cute all dressed up and we even had a Spring Festival egg hunt?

Like any sales guy, I go out of my way to talk to rank & file people no matter where I go and after a lifetime of hearing "Northern Cal/____ County/'that' place is full o' raaacist "rednecks" I think we can now safely DEBUNK that.

In fact, the next time some DB Lib fluffs that lame talking point out there I intend to confront and confront them DIRECTLY on their bs. Tell them to cite specific incidences, laws passed and enforced that are keeping minorities down or minorities OUT. It's all BUNK. CALL 'em on it!

Then I intend on asking them, "Okay, now that you've identified 98% of the U.S by land mass as 'racist', explain to us the specific places YOU deem as 'not'? Then watch as they yammer off the usual Purple-Blue strongholds that toe the Progressive line and safely rule out every place they don't control! Then tell them to SHOVE it..!

14. SignPainterGuy on March 31st, 2013 8:34 pm

I was wondering how your trip went, I know that`s gorgeous scenery !

There`s a lake near me that has been a Methodist retreat forever. They have sunrise services in an old stone church and in a large circular auditorium that allows in lots of light. If the weather is nice and the spring came early, the flowers bring in the rejoicers by the hundreds and thousands. Scout troops are selected to handle the parking directions; I remember it as a lot of fun. Lake Junaluska is home to hundreds of waterfowl (incl. swans) and walkers and photogs. I`m the latter, btw. ;-)

Yeah, I try to talk sense into the libs sometimes, but I find myself having to resist the urge to jump straight to the "shove it" part ! It ain`t easy !

15. Doug on March 31st, 2013 10:30 pm

I'm an MSU fan, but Michigan is close enough to hold my interest. That's all I can say or my Spartan friends will spike my drink and write bad words on my forehead in waterproof Sharpie marker.

16. Marshall_Will on March 31st, 2013 10:39 pm

Sounds fantastic! At least in The South, whole TOWNS turn out for service ( out West asking "What church do you belong to?" is typically viewed as "being nosey" ) When I was stationed in Biloxi, if you were going anywhere BUT church on Sunday morning, people might think you're a bit of an odd duck?

Often Libs deflect a justified SLAMMING by saying "Well Marshall.., the reason they're not being openly raaacist to your wife's FACE ( is simply because she is with YOU!? )" And since they realize we always accompany one another wherever we GO; they feel safe in their in their [unproven] @$$umption.

Often, and this will sound a little weird until fully explained but Mrs. W gets "the stare" all the time! She's just one of those gals that won't leave the house unless she's done up like a formal job interview..! Hair, make-up, full ( and matching! ) outfit! So yeah, she tends to stand OUT. Yes, they want that second look. THEN their WIFE begins to notice and that admiring gaze turns ( oh so quickly ) to 'scorn'! It hardly means they're 'racist' ( just guys..? )

Oggling or; "getting your perv on" is not a desirable trait, but NO, it's not racist by any means. By that 'standard' TS's wife gets discriminated against every time she goes out the door! If you don't believe 'me', ask HIM?

17. SignPainterGuy on March 31st, 2013 11:22 pm

"…. a bit of an odd duck ?" It was much that way here a long time ago, when I was young. People proudly stated which church they belonged to. Not asked so much any more.

Barry the False Christian was told he had to belong to a church to be accepted in the community. He joined one to be accepted by them, not GOD. Speaks volumes. Now he shows up for special services for the photo-ops, little if anything more, IMO.

Hang in there and try to forgive those who view your marriage to a woman of a different race as the ignorance that it is and know they are not so lucky as you ! You have been greatly Blessed !!

18. Truesoldier__ on April 1st, 2013 12:13 pm

What I love to point out to these progressive pushers is that using their meme, of a city/area being racist because there are not that many minorities living there, that the Peoples Republic of Seattle must be a racist city then seeing as it is over 70% white.