If you don’t have time for the full interview, skip ahead to about the 6:00 mark of Ted Nugent’s interview with CNN’s Erin Burnett to see how to end a segment fairly quickly.

Ted found the coveted “common ground” the left always claims to be in search of, and Burnett had to force herself to disagree for obvious reasons, and then couldn’t get out fast enough:

Nugent: I think we can both agree that we need to stop gun trafficking. Do you agree with that?

Burnett: Stop gun trafficking? Yes.

Nugent: Illegal gun trafficking?

Burnett: Yes.

Nugent: Then you would support my recommendation that we arrest Eric Holder.

Burnett: Well no, I don’t support that.

Nugent: Well, Fast & Furious was gun trafficking.

Burnett: I have to admit I don’t support that (arresting Eric Holder for gun trafficking).

Nugent: Well I do. That’s how you stop gun trafficking — by stopping gun trafficking.

Burnett: That’s your right as an American to have that belief.

Nugent: If you want to stop gun trafficking why don’t we go after the guy whose been trafficking guns? That would be Eric Holder.

Burnett: Alright, we’ll leave it that — I would love to continue [uh-huh -- DP] but they’ve been trying to get me to wrap for a couple of minutes.

I guess not everybody wants to make it a little harder for our kids to get gunned down.

Comments

7 Responses to “Ted Nugent Gets CNN Anchor in a Pickle About Effective Ways to Stop Gun Trafficking”

1. SignPainterGuy on April 14th, 2013 3:33 pm

"Burnett: Stop gun trafficking? Yes."

That must be another one of those "absolutes" that suddenly isn`t so absolute when it involves one of your own !

When it comes down to it, I think the left (rank and file) really doesn`t like the gun running any more than we do. They just see it as a means to an end they want, gun control, which then leads to CONTROL of the populus. That makes it OK.

2. Doug on April 14th, 2013 3:42 pm

Their thinking (if we can use that word) is that when progs are running the government, anything they do is with the best intentions, and as such it is incapable of being part of the problem.

3. backwoodsconsr on April 17th, 2013 5:04 am

Wow! I'm here again! I haven't been able to reach this website for 3 days.

4. rosa on April 17th, 2013 8:43 am

Every American has a God-given right to protect themselves and by extension, through the Second Amendment, a right to keep and bears arms. The only time an American ought to be deprived of this right, justly, is after they've been convicted of a capital crime that involved the use of a firearm. So-called "mental illness" concocted by the pseudo-scientific organization known as the APA cannot and should not ever be a determining factor in attempting to deprive an American of their Second Amendment rights.

5. Pasadena Phil on April 17th, 2013 2:42 pm

M-m-m-m-m pickles!

6. Ted Nugent Schools CNN Anchor On Gun Trafficking » Pirate's Cove on April 17th, 2013 3:01 pm

[...] Doug Powers, who says you should skip to the 6 minute mark in the video of the interview between Nugent and [...]

7. Marshal Legazpi on May 2nd, 2013 8:46 am