its-alive

Ok, here’s what happened: This domain name is registered through Dotster, and somehow the nameservers (that point the domain on which servers to go to in order to access the site when you try to load it) got deleted from Dotster. Problem was, I lost the primary and secondary nameserver addresses. So I had to contact the person who runs the server this site is on so he could remind me of the addresses, which took a couple of days. Then, after I re-entered the nameservers at Dotster, they took a day or so to re-absorb into the etherworld.

Anyway, here we are again!

Here’s something to kick the day off: Janet Napolitano said that the Boston Marathon bombing is not part of a larger plot, but that they still have no idea who’s responsible for it. That’s like saying “I have no idea who broke into my house and stole my stuff, but there’s no indication that it’ll happen to anybody else.”

I sleep better at night knowing J-Napster is at the security helm.

Comments

15 Responses to “We’re Baaaack!”

1. backwoodsconsr on April 17th, 2013 11:10 am

It sounds like you've created a dotmonster. Try not to forget to feed the monster in the future. It gets grumpy when it's hungry.

I'd rather have the Three Stooges investigating this incident than Obama, Biden, and Napolitano.

2. jeffythequick on April 17th, 2013 12:14 pm

You mean there are three more stooges?

(nyuk nyuk nyuk…)

3. backwoodsconsr on April 17th, 2013 12:34 pm

Dumb, Dumber, and Dumbest, but I can't figure out who is which. My mind can't comprehend that level of stupidity.

4. Pasadena Phil on April 17th, 2013 12:37 pm

That sounds a lot like Richard Prior's explanation for how he self-immolated.

"I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd go to the kitchen and have a glass of milk with some cookies. I went to the fridge and found a carton of skim milk and another of whole milk but only enough of each to pour half a glass of one or the other. So I mixed the two and the s&%t blew up in my face!"

5. rosa on April 17th, 2013 12:43 pm

Might be time to invest in your own server, Doug. :-)

6. Truesoldier__ on April 17th, 2013 12:53 pm

"Janet Napolitano said that the Boston Marathon bombing is not part of a larger plot, but that they still have no idea who’s responsible for it."

And the media and the "experts" are taking their cue on it:

"Boston Marathon bombs have hallmarks of 'lone wolf' devices, experts say"

You have to get about halfway through the article before they contradict themselves and point out that AQ has been pushing for the information and for Muslims around the world to do all this.

7. Pasadena Phil on April 17th, 2013 1:08 pm

And what's with the media always saying "crudely made device"? What were they expecting? A mass-produced, military-issued bomb with proper markings? You get the feeling that the story was written long ago and they were just waiting for the next bombing to happen.

8. Truesoldier__ on April 17th, 2013 1:15 pm

No kidding. These "crudely made devices" have been pretty darn effective. Just ask anyone who has spent time in Iraq or Afghanistan.

9. jeffythequick on April 17th, 2013 1:34 pm

Then he has to manage his own DNS settings, plus the cost of having a static IP.

Or, have your name servers (I have 5 for my domain, GoDaddy is good about that, plus, well, the commercials…oops! back to the post) have a TTL of 2 hours, so that the longest they'll point to the wrong address is 2 hours, but for that you'll need highly reliable ones.

Speaking of highly reliable servers, those do cost money, and having a fail-over in case one goes down is best left to people more expert than I.

10. Doug on April 17th, 2013 3:13 pm

We usually read about "crudely made devices" in the MSM's crudely constructed stories.

It would have only been "crudely made" if it were solar powered and funded by the DoE — it would have cost $100 million and wouldn't have gone off.

11. SignPainterGuy on April 17th, 2013 6:34 pm

Well Doug, I`m just so happy you`re back up and running ! I was entering the withdrawal phase and to make issues worse, my modem went kaput ! Got a new one today, got it activated with very little aggravation, it worked fine for 5 minutes and then began to act like the old one. It`s working fine-ish now after a reset, but not completely right. I may still have to call for more assistance.

It appears to me the House of Stooges is about as competent at their jobs as I am with `puters and i`net, but they get well paid and definitely have malevolent intent !

12. Barb Chansky on April 17th, 2013 7:36 pm

Welcome back, Doug! As for our borders….A little bit more than 24 years ago my family came here and settled in Brooklyn, NY. In all those years we basically lived in the same area, and let me tell you – it's basically trashed. It used to be a nice, clean, boring, lower-middle class neighborhood with people of mostly Italian and Irish descent who have lived here for generations. Now you can barely here English anywhere, there is dirt and dog crap all other the place, no American flags (even on Holidays), and running errands is an exercise in endurance – because these people also happen to have the manners of water buffaloes. And when I call this a barbarian invasion, I am basically yelled at and told that I am an immigrant too and should show respect. The fact that we came here legally, pay taxes, and really love and respect the USA and obey its laws as opposed to the current crop of so-called immigrants just does not penetrate.

13. Truesoldier__ on April 17th, 2013 7:56 pm

And speaking of the borders. Here is some of what is in the Senate illegal amnesty bill:

"the bill offers to legalize the relatives of illegal immigrants outside the U.S. and even others who have already been deported back home"

14. The Watcher on April 17th, 2013 8:56 pm

And here I was, cussing out my own computer for not finding you.

15. Pasadena Phil on April 17th, 2013 9:45 pm

This is making Rubio look like a bald-faced liar. Someone should ask him if he knows how to read.

Looks like this bill is going to crash and burn just like the gun-grabbing bills did today. (And Graham actually said today that a national gun registry would actually strengthen the 2nd amendment. What an idiot.)