Obama yesterday:

In this age of instant reporting and tweets and blogs, there’s a temptation to latch on to any bit of information, sometimes to jump to conclusions. But when a tragedy like this happens, with public safety at risk and the stakes so high, it’s important that we do this right. That’s why we have investigations. That’s why we relentlessly gather the facts. That’s why we have courts. And that’s why we take care not to rush to judgment — not about the motivations of these individuals; certainly not about entire groups of people.

“Don’t rush to judgment about the motivations of those people who are trying to kill you!” So a couple of maniacs murder three at the marathon and severely injure and maim dozens more, kill a cop at MIT, wound others, and Obama’s lecturing you and me?

Oh, come on — I’m sure he’d have said the same thing if the Boston Marathon attackers had been members of the NRA or tea partiers.

The “don’t rush to judgment” advice comes from the same president who said Cambridge police “acted stupidly” before knowing any of the facts about the arrest of Henry Gates. And Obama sure didn’t seem to rush to judgment on the Trayvon Martin case, did he?

After the bombings, Obama’s own flacks were out there saying “we shouldn’t make any inferences about who could have done this even though it’s possibly related to Tax Day”:

Comments

28 Responses to “The King of Rush to Judgment Advises Americans: Don’t Rush to Judgment About Boston Marathon Bombers’ Motivations”

1. SignPainterGuy on April 20th, 2013 1:59 pm

Why did the VRWC, the TP, Christians and Jews, republicans, indies and libertarians have to act so stupidly and NOT commit any of the Boston atrocities ?

2. Truesoldier__ on April 20th, 2013 2:06 pm

Got to love how there is this "let's not rush to judgment" attitude now that we know that these two were radicalized Muslims.

My guess is this due to the telltale signs that were missed over the course of the past couple years. You know like a guy who was interviewed by the FBI cause a foreign country told the FBI they believed him to be a terrorist. Then he headed to Chechnya for 6 months (even though he was here on a refuge VISA from Chechnya so why we he be going back). Or the 22 anti-American pro terrorist videos he posted on YouTube. Hell, you could even go back to dear leaders state of Union address where he said AQ was on the ropes.

Sounds to me like dear leader is in full CYA mode now seeing that dear leader has proven his administration (once again) is still stuck in a 9/10/2001 attitude.

3. SignPainterGuy on April 20th, 2013 2:22 pm

UIM, it was Russia who suggested the look-see of T#1.

It appears to me that Barry & Co. are in CYA mode quickly becomming PANIC Mode after the defeat of so many of his gun control measures and now the obvious involvement of AQ in the USA !

Only those living in caves are missing that his "nothing to see here" is a blatant lie !

4. SignPainterGuy on April 20th, 2013 3:34 pm

Now that the dust has settled, the wounded are being treated and their healing is under way, the active perpetrators have been killed or captured and the city / country is getting back to normal-ish, I want to thank all the various LEOs and citizens who did their part, large and small. I pray that all can heal, lessons can be learned and future terrorists can be ID`d and stopped. Through it all, may GOD be Thanked and Praised !

Thank you, Doug !

5. TiminAL on April 20th, 2013 5:05 pm

Hear, hear!

6. Pasadena Phil on April 20th, 2013 5:05 pm

I also understand that by opting to not read White Hat his Miranda rights, any information they get from him cannot be used to prosecute him. So Team Obama has to make its their mind about whether or not this is part of a larger terrorist plot which they have maintained from the beginning that it is not. Then allow him his constitutional rights as a US citizen to due process.

I'm not defending White Hat. I just believe that we shouldn't shred the constitution in the war on terrorism. I had nothing but disdain for David Koresh and his Branch Davidian cult but that was a government-sanctioned slaughter of people without due process followed by a cover-up of all cover-ups. The penalty for being a weird doomsday cult is not extermination. Is that what is happening again now? Somebody better start asking. The politicians are taking over the "investigation" again.

7. Marshall_Will on April 20th, 2013 5:48 pm

That’s why we have investigations. ( That either go NOwhere or self-exhonerate the perps ) That’s why we relentlessly gather the facts. ( Read the 'facts' to our LIKING and concur w/ our agenda ) That’s why we have courts. ( That we can either IGNORE or allow to become Lawfare abused be it the NBPP or Conservative bloggers? )

Yep, nothin' but NET there Bammy. This administration is OVER.

8. Marshall_Will on April 20th, 2013 5:51 pm

"is part of a larger terrorist plot which they have maintained from the beginning that it is not."

Right, let's not rush to judgement but at the same time dismiss as quickly as possible and imply the surviving brother will become cellmates w/ Jared Loughner?

9. Marshall_Will on April 20th, 2013 5:52 pm

"not about the motivations of these individuals"

Beer Summit..!

10. SignPainterGuy on April 20th, 2013 8:31 pm

Isn`t white-washing or outright dismissal of guilt / associations the same as rushing to judgement ?

11. SignPainterGuy on April 20th, 2013 8:42 pm

Since he IS a naturalized citizen, he should have been Mirandized after emergency info is / was obtained, just for technical`s sake, then treat him like a treasonous terrorist !

12. SignPainterGuy on April 20th, 2013 8:43 pm

You`re shootin` bullseyes !

13. Pasadena Phil on April 20th, 2013 9:12 pm

The problem is that any information obtained before he is Mirandized is not usable for his prosecution and may even get released unless they can get him for something else. If I were in his shoes, I would be immunizing myself by blabbing away on EVERYTHING that could possibly used against me in a court of law.

I don't know all of the facts but I think it was a mistake because I doubt he has much that is important to tell that is not already known. Black Hat, on the other hand, would have been another story. He was not a citizen and clearly was the one with the connections. I would have been waterboarding that guy while he was still in the Brigham and Women's Hospital ER.

14. Pasadena Phil on April 20th, 2013 9:17 pm

Here is some info about Black Hat vs White Hat as to who is important.

Odd but I replied to your comment directly before this one but that reply is suspended awaiting approval by a moderator but this one posted.

Now it disappeared entirely.

15. SignPainterGuy on April 20th, 2013 10:00 pm

Every one gets picked on by the equal-opportunity moderator, we all get eaten.

Doug`s good about restoring them.

You DO know not to spell sew-shall-ist correctly ?

16. ChapBix on April 20th, 2013 10:26 pm

Oh, my gosh! Who else do we know who was living in caves hiding from our troops in search of him until he took refuge in a compound in Pakistan? Oh, yeah, it was OBL. Wonder if they are related.

17. ChapBix on April 20th, 2013 10:30 pm

What was that quote from his book again about siding with the Muslims should the winds of politics take an ugly turn?

18. ChapBix on April 20th, 2013 10:34 pm

After I posted the above. the thought came to me that the subject may not be as obvious to others as it was to me at the time I wrote it. I was referring to Barry Soetoro, not SPG.

19. ChapBix on April 20th, 2013 10:35 pm

Well said, SPG!

20. SignPainterGuy on April 20th, 2013 10:49 pm

I thought it was from his speech in Cairo at the beginning of the 1st term, (para), "If it comes down to it, we will be on the side of the muslims".

21. SignPainterGuy on April 20th, 2013 10:55 pm

It never occurred to me that you meant me, but just to cover all the bases, "Whew !" ;-)

22. Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup » Pirate's Cove on April 21st, 2013 10:47 am

[...] Doug Powers features the king of rush to judgement [...]

23. Pasadena Phil on April 21st, 2013 12:44 pm

I'm not sure this site is moderated at all times. The problems may occur when it is on autopilot.

24. Pasadena Phil on April 21st, 2013 12:55 pm

It's going to be nothing but "Hail Mary' passes from here on out.

25. SignPainterGuy on April 21st, 2013 2:03 pm

You`re likely correct. Doug has mentioned that when he sets the moderation to anything less restrictive, he gets flooded with spam.

26. Pasadena Phil on April 21st, 2013 2:13 pm

I'm not complaining, just speculating. My posts do eventually show up. Maybe someday Doug will be able to afford one of those expensive professional thread monitors like Michelle hired. Doug can't afford those multi-million dollar multi-year contracts yet. And with ObamaCare about to kick in it could get real expensive fast!

27. Truesoldier__ on April 21st, 2013 10:50 pm

That depends…on whether or not they list him under "enemy combatant" status and decide to have him tried under military tribunal (which has been done in the past during WWII).

Of course dear leader and Holder don't like the tribunals, so the only reason it would happen that way is to keep the whole thing quiet as to not cause dear leader any more embarrassment.

28. Guest_a on April 23rd, 2013 4:19 pm

Well, at least POTUS doesn't consider the police acted 'stupidly' this time.