A bit of laughter amid the otherwise tense situation in Boston as an FBI agent scales a fence that he could have just opened:

Was that Mr. Chow from The Hangover?

And here’s a rich piece of irony: The injured jihadi in custody is currently being treated at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Hopefully the hospital staff is reminding him of that several times an hour.

As far as the marathon bombing story goes, conflicting headlines:

#1Boston mayor: Bombing suspects acted alone

#2FBI hunting 12-strong terrorist “sleeper cell” linked to brothers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

Comments

23 Responses to “FBI Fence Jump of the Day”

1. Marshall_Will on April 21st, 2013 5:29 pm

Ewww! Owww! Ewww..?

I'm seeing disability claim..! Half the Rose City PD is on one so why not Mr. Chow? Gone are the days of pressed uniforms and parade-ready shoes. These guys are sporting jeans & gym shoes but still manage to have field career-ending injuries every time the perp doesn't handcuff himself?

When our police chief ( Derrick Foxworth ) pointed that out; suddenly he became the biggest alcoholic/womanizer in Portland PD history. Funny how 5-year old emails pop UP like that huh?

2. SignPainterGuy on April 21st, 2013 5:59 pm

No doubt our fence-scaling FBI agent pushes on store doors clearly marked "PUSH" !

I really do love the irony of the muslim in a Jewish hospital; RICH !! NICE n RICH !!

3. SignPainterGuy on April 21st, 2013 6:04 pm

OK, Doug already opened the door to a little humor, so here`s a touch more;

Of the total of 44 US Presidents: Obama rated 5th best president ever.

Reading a Democratic publicity release that said, “after a little more than 5 years, Obama has been rated the 5th best president ever.”

The details according to White House Publicists:

* Reagan, Lincoln, and 8 others tied for first,
    * 15 presidents tied for second,
    * 17 other presidents tied for third,
    * Jimmy Carter came in 4th, and
    * Obama came in fifth

4. Marshall_Will on April 21st, 2013 6:13 pm

Oh gawd…

Seriously? We haven't even evicted Him yet and He's already secured His name in annals of OUR history..? Hey at this rate He'll be #1 by the mid-terms..! Just puked in my mouth a little.

5. SignPainterGuy on April 21st, 2013 6:56 pm

Did the spin make you dizzy ?

I think you missed the math, so think about it in this context;

Pravda was always known for spinning the truth to put the old Soviet Union in the best light.

The Soviets challenged the Americans to an auto race; design and build their own cars, meet at a secret location, race to prove who`s technology was best.

When both teams cars were ready, they met in secret, raced, the Americans won, shook hands with their opponents, packed up and went home, never mentioning it to anyone outside their team. Pravda however couldn`t leave it alone and broke silence with this report:

"The Soviets participated in an International Race of Champions. Once again, Soviet technology and competitive skills proved superior by finishing second. The Americans could manage no better than next to last !"

They conveniently left out the fact that there were only 2 cars involved !

6. backwoodsconsr on April 21st, 2013 7:03 pm

Sure he could have opened it, but it's less dramatic that way.

Years ago, when I was working in the pits at a local race track, they built a new fence between the pits and the infield, and neglected to leave an opening on our end of the track. The fence was six feet high and the first time I climbed over it I said I had too much weight to be dropping that far. The third time I climbed over it I proved it, by shattering my left heelbone. I guess you could say it was mission accomplished. I climbed over the fence to save myself some walking, and I didn't walk again for two months.

7. Marshall_Will on April 21st, 2013 10:26 pm

See? It all worked out in the end!

Right, I just emailed our HP over an incident just this past Friday. After a treacherous drive thru Central Oregon, torrential rains and 40-60 mph crosswinds, I'd 'thought' my troubles were BEHIND me when I reached I-5?

Ahem, traffic was backed up and moving just car lengths at a time from Corvallis all the way to S. Salem. When I finally got up there it was (1) stalled vehicle w/ the family standing safe and sound waiting to get their vehicle to a shop.

But ODOT has to bring the drama and the light show gave drivers the impression something truly awful occurred! Of COURSE they're slowing.., but this why "make the Sequestor as painful as possible!" is such a natural, structural FIT. ( They've already had years… of practice! )

8. backwoodsconsr on April 21st, 2013 10:37 pm

The late Skip Caray did the traffic report during a radio broadcast of an afternoon Braves game. "I-85 is packed. I-75 is packed. I-20 is packed. The Downtown Connector is packed. And the Department of Transportation is in the way."

9. Marshall_Will on April 21st, 2013 10:45 pm

Perfect..! Yeah, THAT'll 'work'?

One of my buddies on base told me they've shut down all but a few places old vets can get their I.D cards done in the entire STATE. So while they get lip service can you imagine all those old timers driving half way across the state to get their retiree card renewed?

When the wife went to get her passport renewed, there's only (1) post office in our whole AREA that even has the forms/processing capabilities! And after years of having an SS office in Klamath Falls people now have endure a two hour drive to Medford if their kid loses their card etc.

With everyone basically getting self-service 'government services' via online.., WHY do we have all these gov. employees again..?

10. ChapBix on April 21st, 2013 10:56 pm

So they can eventually retire and collect their pension and other bennies. Did I also mention that they will be out walking picket lines in support of their non-working comrades in PEUs?

11. SignPainterGuy on April 21st, 2013 11:19 pm

A few weeks ago when we were talking about having to wait over a week to get you new drivers license in the mail, I heard the real reason for it. Someone broke into 2 DMV offices and stole computers and license printing equipment, so now the state does all of them in the capital home office to be sure they`re genuine.

Discussing the Voter ID bill and the forms of ID acceptable for voting; only official state-issued IDs will be: ID cards, drivers licenses, state-issued student cards (only from the state university system), NOT private schools, Harry`s IDs, Passports and video rentals. There`s too great a chance that the stolen equipment is being used.

It isn`t so the state can search your tax records n stuff. I`m kewl with that !

12. SignPainterGuy on April 21st, 2013 11:26 pm

Once when going thru Atlanta, two IMAP trucks (Incident Management Assistance Patrol) with flashing lights and arrow signs stopped 4 or 5 lanes of traffic just to get a stalled vehicle across to the OTHER side, left to right side. There was plenty of room on the left, I thought.

13. Doug on April 21st, 2013 11:30 pm

Ha! That would be the first Dem press release that nobody here will disagree with.

Personal note: Three weeks until I'm a free man… career-wise that is. I'll actually have time to focus a bit more. After May 10th I plan to take it easy for a week or so (though I'll still blog a bit) but then get back into it.

14. SignPainterGuy on April 21st, 2013 11:42 pm

Cheers and claps !

15. backwoodsconsr on April 22nd, 2013 12:02 am

A bit more of Skip's humor:

"Pop foul. Greg Olson and Sid Bream give chase, but it goes out of play behind the Houston dugout. Sid Bream winds up in the Houston dugout, but no trade has been made, so he returns to his position."

"The Dodgers have taken the early lead, a revolting development if you're a Braves fan."

16. Marshall_Will on April 22nd, 2013 12:21 am

While my email came off 'scathing' to hyper-sensitive ( and self-important ) PEU's.., there was plenty of wry humor if they read carefully enough. It's always been bad but lately gov-employees have been feeling their oats and w/ O'Drama's endless implied got yer' back shout outs, they're completely out of control.

They don't seem to understand, they're there for US! Not the convenience of busy single moms ( core Bammie voting demographic btw ) making their own hours and admin's that "make decisions" based on what they 'feel' is in the best interest of the department!

The only way a DMV etc. should be able to change or reduce their hours is w/ taxpayer CONSENT. I don't give a rip if that means having (1) employee for the entire BRANCH. From now on if DMV closes 1 day a week, that's license to only pay 80% of the tax you owe the state.

17. Pasadena Phil on April 22nd, 2013 3:17 pm

From behind, that FBI agent looks a lot like a certain "pluggy" Veep. Did he later fire a blast through a closed door with his shotgun?

18. rosa on April 22nd, 2013 3:54 pm

The video rather nicely illustrates the compentence of the FBI.

19. Pasadena Phil on April 22nd, 2013 3:55 pm

Doug, following up on my advice to you a couple of weeks ago regarding the importance of making a good first impression on your first day on the job,

You only get one chance to make a good first impression. This was a beaut.

I won't mention Reese Witherspoon using the "Don't you know who I a?!?!?!" tactic unsuccessfully. It's an art form.

20. acp on April 23rd, 2013 1:00 am

That was a big fail. But we are thankful that they found the something about the bombers.

21. IrateNate on April 25th, 2013 7:01 pm

In their defense, if you're going in after a terrorist suspect, why would you send in your smartest guy first?

"Hey, Forrest! Hop over the fence, will ya?"

22. Colton on May 7th, 2013 11:59 pm

Really?

23. farm plan on May 21st, 2013 4:52 am

He's such a boss, he opened the gate with his foot as he was climbing over, sparing the officers? seconds to enter the property.