This past Saturday, a whole lotta pot revelers on Hippie Hill left their garbage in San Francisco — eleven tons of it, by some estimates:

potfest

hippiehill

After the hashfest, no doubt a good number of the participants returned to their lives of accusing everybody else of being environmental rapists.

Best quote from the news video below: “The gang members were behaving themselves… it’s the way the world ought to be.”

Duuuude:

Comments

32 Responses to “San Francisco Pot-Fest Partiers Celebrated Earth Day a Little Early”

1. Truesoldier__ on April 23rd, 2013 4:47 pm

And it will be the tax payers of San Fransicko that will pick up the clean up tab. I can't feel sorry for them as they elect the officials that allow this crap to continue.

2. SignPainterGuy on April 23rd, 2013 5:11 pm

Ya reckon they called in the exterminators to get rid of all the roaches ?

3. JLynn on April 23rd, 2013 5:37 pm

This is what happens when you mix hypocrisy and hemp.

4. Truesoldier__ on April 23rd, 2013 6:21 pm

Nah, the smell of the hippies did that for them.

5. SignPainterGuy on April 23rd, 2013 6:59 pm

OK, it`s good that you didn`t know which "kind of roaches" I meant ! ;-) Or maybe that`s roaches of "kind" ?

6. Truesoldier__ on April 23rd, 2013 7:25 pm

I figured you meant the insect variety. If you meant the other variety there would be no need to have anyone pick it up. No Hippie would ever leave a roach behind!

7. SignPainterGuy on April 23rd, 2013 7:49 pm

O/T, but this is timely and a bit bewildering.

Voter ID is big in the news now and NC is working on a bill. The state Senate has approved the measure and has sent it to the House. Of course the liboprogs are furious.

Fascinating that you must show photo ID to cash checks, open accts., enter some bldgs., lots of innocuous things, but the left doesn`t want you to have to in order to perform one of the most important things we do, to vote !! It`s disenfranchising and discriminatory, they say !

I have had several i`net and cable tv issues lately and finally got a tech team out to check it out today. I replaced my modem myself while they replaced the drop cable, splitter and installed it inside a weather proof box. Amazingly fast service as I called this morning and they were done by 4:30. Charter, btw.

I got a call at lunch to verify and confirm the appointment and that someone over 18 and with a gov. issued photo ID would have to be present at the time of the work.

SOOO, cable tv and i`net service is / are (?) more important than voting !

8. SignPainterGuy on April 23rd, 2013 8:00 pm

No, but they`ll leave their entire stash laying out !

Back when I was traveling with the tire fitting crew to motorcycle races, I checked into a motel room, dropped my bags on the bed and spotted what I thought was a big bug on the pillow. It was a "roach" ! What about a cleaning lady who`d leave a bug on the bed ?!? (Rolling eyes and whistling)

9. Truesoldier__ on April 23rd, 2013 9:09 pm

I have always thought that the attorneys who are arguing the case in front of a judge in a Federal court have continually passed up a golden opportunity to prove a point over ID laws.

Why not subpena the security (usually federal police officers at a Federal court house) to testify as to what their orders are for allowing entrance into the very court house that the case is being argued. When they describe that they require photo ID to enter the court house the lawyer could then point out that the very court that the case is being heard in front of does not feel that it is unreasonable or that it discriminates against a group of people, nor does it cause an undue burden on a person, so how could the Federal government make the same argument against voter ID laws?

10. SignPainterGuy on April 23rd, 2013 9:24 pm

Great idea. It`s sure to be never used !

11. SignPainterGuy on April 23rd, 2013 11:50 pm

After bragging on Charter, how I called this morning, arranged a service call between 3: and 5; today, they showed up and were finished about 4:30.

Charter called back with a service survey around 6: which I gave good ratings.

At 9:35 I get an email requesting confirmation of the service request. Somebody`s not communicating !

12. jeffythequick on April 24th, 2013 1:51 am

If the City of Saint Francis had any brains, they'd have a Tea Party rally 10 minutes after this one wrapped up.

4 hours later the park would be cleaner than when the hemp crowd got there.

I know… "If"

13. jeffythequick on April 24th, 2013 2:00 am

I've been kicking the voter ID thing around in my head, and here is where I am on it:

If voting is a natural right, then no ID is necessary, as with ID for free speech, no ID is needed for you not to impeach yourself, attend religious services, etc.

However, voting must not be a natural right, meaning that you are born with it, so therefore, restrictions can be placed on it, as there have been in the cases of citizenship and age. Therefore, I have no problem with voter ID laws, but I do with Election Day registration, provisional ballots, and denying military personnel ballots and/or delaying their ballots from being counted.

I may be late to the party on this, but that question of whether the right to vote was natural or not, and that was the sticking point.

14. Truesoldier__ on April 24th, 2013 1:00 pm

Yes, the provisional ballot, same day registration and "missplacing" and delaying military ballots is just ridiculous.

I would also add absentee ballots for anyone whom is not in the military and stationed outside of the state of residence. If you are too lazy to get up your a$$ to go to the poll then you really shouldn't be voting in the first place. As for those that are to infirm to get to the polling places, it would make me wonder about the mental capacity of them as well when it comes to voting. I remember in the 2004 governors election here in WA ST when it was discovered that some of the nursing homes staff was filling out the ballots for those in their care. Some of the families came out and said that their parents had no idea what day it was let alone who was even running.

15. Truesoldier__ on April 24th, 2013 1:01 pm

No kidding. Of course that would mean they would have to admit that Conservatives are better steward of the planet than the liberal "eco-friendly" crowd.

16. jeffythequick on April 24th, 2013 1:20 pm

Having been an eyewitness to the mayhem and destruction that Conservatives emit on the surroundings, I can tell you what it is: (Note: I was at the Rush Limbaugh Bake Sale in Ft. Collins, CO, and actually met Dan Kay, the guy that started the whole thin at the local Office Depot. Quiet guy, it was a 32 second conversation)

1. Trash was in the trash cans (cardboard boxes). The trash that couldn't fit in them was in bags around the cans/boxes.
    2. The one person injured I saw after the fact, was a policeman whose horse threw him. There were several people around him, tending to him, and making him comfortable while waiting for the ambulance. The main question asked was, "Is he ok?" People gladly got out of the way for the first responders.
    3. The dissenters were respectfully ignored.
    4. When it was over, people left.

17. SignPainterGuy on April 24th, 2013 2:29 pm

In an old "Dennis the Menace" cartoon, Dennis and Joey are outside, eating hotdogs. Joey is nervously watching Ruff who is hungrily watching Joey. Dennis says, "No, he won`t snatch it out of your hand, but if you drop it, don`t try to pick it up !"

RE: #1.; Some labor unions don`t like it if a person, especially a "non-union" person, picks up trash on the floor. They have people whose job it is to pick up that trash !

While working for a non-unionized construction co at the unionized paper mill here, I was in the canteen eating a snack on break. When done, I wadded up a wrapper and tossed it toward the trash can, but missed. I started to pick it up, but was stopped by a mill worker who told me, "If you get caught by the wrong person, you could have a grievance filed against you and your co. We have a crew to pick up trash. Don`t want them not to have something to do !"

Shame on those conservatives at the RLBS …. depriving people of the job of picking up that trash ! ;-)

18. Truesoldier__ on April 24th, 2013 2:46 pm

O/T…Judge in case of ICE agents vs DHS says dear leader does not have the authority to not deport illegals. He has not made this his official rulling just made a statement as much and is awaiting further briefs from boths sides (due no later than May 6th). At that point he will make a ruling on whether or not to grant an injuction of dear leaders "dream act".

Finally a judge who appears to understand that the rule of law is important.

19. Truesoldier__ on April 24th, 2013 2:48 pm

No kidding about that. I remember a union here in WA ST that was going after volunteers who were cleaning up the parks as it was an "infrigment on a union job".

20. jeffythequick on April 24th, 2013 2:54 pm

Having moved my own desk 4 times, I constantly get the evil eye, saying that I need to put in a request, pack up my own stuff, and have "them" move it.

One move was 42 feet. (and 10 days of waiting for coworkers that "followed the process").

21. Truesoldier__ on April 24th, 2013 3:01 pm

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

22. SignPainterGuy on April 24th, 2013 3:19 pm

"infrigment on a union job" ? You said Wa ST, but that sounds like …… oh, it "happened in Vegas", but didn`t stay there, right ? ;-)

23. SignPainterGuy on April 24th, 2013 3:21 pm

Rare as Hen`s Teeth and Frog`s Hair !

24. Truesoldier__ on April 24th, 2013 3:42 pm

Yep, the one thing you really wish would have stayed in Vegas.

25. SignPainterGuy on April 24th, 2013 3:52 pm

:-)

26. Truesoldier__ on April 24th, 2013 4:03 pm

O/T..looks like D.C. will be spared the airport delays the majority of the country is dealing with…gee I am sooooo shocked:

27. backwoodsconsr on April 24th, 2013 4:47 pm

A stinker like that shouldn't be allowed out of the bathroom.

28. SignPainterGuy on April 24th, 2013 7:08 pm

I heard on FOX Radio News that the FCC had suddenly realized that they unexpectedly have more money in their budget this year than last, so maybe the sequester cuts in control tower staff may not have to go thru, perhaps.

29. Truesoldier__ on April 24th, 2013 8:35 pm

Bet those air traffic controllers who are already being furloughed would love to know that:

30. SignPainterGuy on April 24th, 2013 9:44 pm

Bet`cha can`t watch these baby vids and NOT smile !!

31. Jesusita on May 2nd, 2013 10:39 pm

Love reading this stuff. Keep up the good work!

32. yoob on March 2nd, 2016 11:45 am

Love reading this stuff. Keep up the good work!