The “Stop the NRA” march in DC couldn’t have stopped a Girl Scout troop from selling assault cookies:

stopnra

More pics here.

Glad to see the woefully misguided blame reassignment doesn’t seem to be catching on. There are more voices in Nancy Pelosi’s head than showed up to that rally.

Comments

13 Responses to “Highly Unlikely This Will ‘Stop the NRA’”

1. ChapBix on April 25th, 2013 8:10 pm

Media? Squirrels? One and the same, they both love nuts.

2. Truesoldier__ on April 25th, 2013 8:46 pm

I am surprised that they were not mugged while marching. After all the criminals out there could have been fairly certain these morons were not armed. Then again by the looks of them they probably were not well funded either.

3. Pasadena Phil on April 25th, 2013 10:34 pm

And they STILL managed to leave behind 62 tons of trash.

Reminds me of this video on finding the soldier in camo. I'll bet you won't spot him.

4. SignPainterGuy on April 25th, 2013 11:21 pm

No, not "him", but "them" ! They were all camoed alike, like tufts of grass; a give away even in the low res, jumpy vid.

There was a vid featuring 3 styles of digital camo compared to the older styles going back to `Nam. From maybe 50' in a typical N American woods setting in summer you could see the old stuff, but not the latest digital until they moved. They were standing in plain sight, but virtually unrevisible !

5. Pasadena Phil on April 25th, 2013 11:27 pm

True but if you're looking for one guy, you don't see the army.

I've seen some amazing camo vids. I have an active Marine colonel friend who keeps sending me vids like that. I put this one on because he got me looking for one guy and I swallowed it.

6. Pasadena Phil on April 26th, 2013 12:05 am

See below.

7. SignPainterGuy on April 26th, 2013 12:45 am

Coincidentally, the local talk guy was describing a video game involving counting the passing footballs. You`re concentrating on counting and missing the answer prominently posted in the background.

The main subject was the actors involved in a drill at the time of the BMB that coincided with the real b-o-mb-ing. Mr Double Amputee man shown early after the incident being rolled away in a wheel chair is a real D-A, but also an actor. Witnesses missed him and his crew putting on the prosthetics with all the real chaos happening around them.

8. Pasadena Phil on April 26th, 2013 1:03 am

There was a cable special a few months ago demonstrating how most of what we see is imaginary and how easy it is to manipulate our perceptions. There was one demonstration where were dancers on a stage passing a ball around while performing dance steps and the audience is asked to count something going on. While this is going on, an actor dressed as a six-foot penguin walks right across the stage and right through all of the dancers even stopping to wave at the audience. But when the moderator asks everyone to describe what they saw, no one mentioned the penguin. Even when asked directly if they saw the penguin, they just laughed. Then he showed them the video and they couldn't believe it.

One of my friends and business partners is a very accomplished magician who has performed in Vegas and is accredited locally at the Magic Castle. He has a trick where he makes me take off my ring and shoe laces, loop the ring onto the shoelace and then hold it tightly in my hand with both ends of the shoelaces coming out of the top of my fist.

Now I KNOW that he cannot get the shoe lace out of my hand while I'm holding tightly to the ring so long as he holds on to both ends. But sure enough, he does. It is IMPOSSIBLE but he does it. It's MY ring and MY shoelace so I know it's not the props.

There is another trick called "the rope with no ends" where you take any rope and while you are holding onto it, he cuts off one end and then the other so you are holding on to a rope that had "no ends". Then he takes both ends (that never left your sight) and puts both of them in your hands holding the middle of the rope. You open you hands and it's all one piece of rope. I realize it's an illusion and I am pretty good at figuring out how many of these magic ricks work but not these two.

The mind is so easily fooled. We see what we expect and/or want to see.

9. SignPainterGuy on April 26th, 2013 1:31 am

I watched a magician / illusionist play with little red foam balls, stuffing them into his fist opening his hand to reveal something else entirely or 3 small ones into one large one. The fun was when we watched him stuff 4 balls in, then asked us how many balls he had in his hand and of course everyone said, "Four" ! He opened his hand to reveal a red foam numeral "4" !

There are some fantastic card tricks on YouTube; one guy throws a deck of cards onto the sidewalk after asking someone to pick a card, look at it and then reinsert it into the deck. With waves of his hand and puppeteer motions, the scattered cards assemble into a robot critter that picks up the chosen card and hands it to the spectator.

10. Truesoldier__ on April 26th, 2013 1:26 pm

And the art of camoflauge goes even further than what you see. It can also have to do with what you hear. When I went through my infantry training at Ft Benning, GA back in the early 90's they taught about how sound can play a huge roll in camoflauge. They taught us that it is impossible to move without noise (that only happens in the movies). They also taught us that by taking four careful succesive steps as opposed to two careful succesive steps you mask your sound by making it appear that you are a four legged creature as opposed to a two legged human. It takes alot of practice, but when you get it down it is very effective.

11. SignPainterGuy on April 26th, 2013 2:13 pm

I`ve come to learn that a Game Warden can get the aid of EVERY OTHER LE Org. in the area better than any other LEO can, in general. So, it is with good fortune that I have been on the good side of numerous GWs in my area. One in particular amazed me with his memory. In the spring one year a friend and I were checked for licenses while fishing (we both had comprehensive hunting and fishing lic.). That winter, he and I and 3 more friends were in a Bronco on our way to hunt deer when checked by several wardens and this same one. He looked in the vehicle, pointed to Paul and me and said, "I`ve seen you and you; I need to see everyone else`s license" ! GW Travis Whitson was also GREAT at walking thru dry leaves. More than once he`s enjoyed watching me jump out of my skin. I`ll sometimes step back away from the creek / river to watch the stream, pick a better spot, or sometimes just throw rocks (I`m a kid that way). The first realization that he was there came with his voice behind me, "What are you doin` ?" After I settled down, I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Throwin` rocks !"

I have watched foxes walking thru deep dry leaves and make tons o noise, mice rattle leaves, even heard a spider crawling on leaves, but I never heard Travis sneak up behind me ! That boy was a ghost ! I NEVER cheated in the woods !

12. SignPainterGuy on April 26th, 2013 2:25 pm

Btw, I have heard the "four steps" thing. It DOES work !

13. Obat Demam Rematik on May 3rd, 2016 2:37 am

Great information! The information contained in this web really very nice
    Thank you for willing to share information with us.
    continue to provide us the latest information other