Guest post written by Joyanna Adams
*****

If you actually tortured yourself (as I did ) and watched the White House Correspondents Dinner on TV last Saturday night…maybe, like me, you felt sorry for Conan O’Brien. He bombed so bad that I wanted to hand him a Cherry Slurpie, some Kleenex, and give him lifetime tickets to a Lakers game.

Conan had the misfortune of following Obama, who had much better joke writers who cleverly wrote jokes where Obama could be nasty to just about everyone who annoys him, which is, besides Congress and the GOP, practically the whole media and internet class.

Since nobody is watching the liberal networks anymore, it’s obvious,—Obama feels betrayed.

Obama in white

Obama is making changes. Clearly, the boys he has picked to get his message out and make him into the perfect image he prefers, is Hollywood. He is so done with the press. So — much to the irritation of Tom Brokaw, he invited more of Hollywood to the party.

Steven Spielberg made a rather lame short clip to promote Obama as a sweet and lovable guy.

Kevin Spacey made a clip that… you got me.

It’s filled with insider jokes only Washington would understand. You tell me what he was saying here, besides Congressmen are arrogant:

Tom Brokaw makes a good point: Is it right that the likes of Lindsey Lohan, Barbara Streisand, and Spielberg, should be coming to a press dinner… once traditionally held for the elite of the newsprint?

For Obama it’s a no-brainer: the liberals need Hollywood much more than CNN or MSNBC, because FOX is beating them all. Obama needs to transform America, and all his liberal networks are not getting the job done to his liking, so in some very painful jokes, he reminded them how bad they really are doing. Obama didn’t stop with FOX, he insulted MSNBC, CNN, NBC, and Conan O’Brian.

Which is probably why Conan couldn’t function when he got up to the mic. Conan immediately started rushing his jokes, and picking up a gavel like a little kid trying to please his mom… he was still reeling emotionally from Obama’s sharp putdowns. You could see it on his face.

Comedian Conan O'Brien smashes a gavel as he speaks

From Deadline Hollywood:

Obama got in the nastiest media dig. Noting that CNN has “taken some knocks” – because of errors during reporting on the Boston Marathon bombings -  he said, “Fact is I admire their commitment to cover all sides of a story – just in case one of them happens to be accurate.” Obama even stabbed his liberal media cronies. He said saying seeing David Axelrod going to work for MSNBC was “a nice change of pace since MSNBC used to work for David Axelrod”.

If you watched C-Span, you watched Michelle Obama give the journalist scholarships out to all women. And uh… two or three Chinese guys. And they all were inspired by Rachael Maddow.

Nothing like stacking the deck for future liberal media bias. The real Duck Dynasty was being hatched before my unbelieving eyes, and it seems the conservatives were the only ones donating to their own downfall.

Typical.

What was brilliant about Obama’s speech is that he made fun of all the things the conservatives have been on him about: Having forged his birth certificate; History channel portraying him as the devil; The fact that he was a big dope smoker in college (which he bragged about)…. yes, he was ridiculing all reports that any of these were actually true.

It’s an old trick all politicians use to deny and hide their crimes: “What, you think I would actually do that? Ha!”

“I know Republicans are still sorting out what happened in 2012,” the president began. “But one thing they all agree on is that they need to do a better job of reaching out to minorities. Look, call me self-centered, but I can think of one minority they can start with — hello.”

Once again insinuating they don’t like him because he’s black. And my personal favorite:

“I’m not the strapping young Muslim Socialist that I used to be,” the president remarked.

He got that right, he is the much older Muslim Socialist now.

On C-SPAN, as I watched the audience leave, I was amazed. It was mostly very white and very, VERY rich people whose faces all adored the black man they had put into office. Every face was glued to the man on the podium as if they were watching a hippo climb up a rainbow with roller skates on.

It was depressingly clear that they were so proud of themselves for picking a black man who, in Biden’s words…

I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” — Joe Biden on Barack Obama

To them, – a rare black man that actually talks. That’s a story book, baby.

That’s Hollywood. Just wait ’til you see the movie.

*****
Guest post written by Joyanna Adams

Comments

33 Responses to “Obama Ducks the Dynasty of the Liberal Press for Hollywood”

1. SignPainterGuy on April 29th, 2013 11:56 am

FIRST, glad to see you back writing here, Joyanna ! I hope things are getting back to normal-ish at home !

Thank you so much for watching when lesser women and men would be too repulsed by the thought ! My stomach can`t handle the drivel !

As to the vid.; so things really DO get done the way we always thought ! "Scratch my back and I won`t lacerate yours !"

No surprise that McLame would take part in it. And was that Eric Cant-or Won`t ?

2. Truesoldier__ on April 29th, 2013 12:41 pm

To echo SPG's sentiments, Glad to see you back Joyanna.

As for dear leader lambasting the press, he knows exactly what he is doing. He realizes that the press adhores him just as much as Hollywood, so by going after them the way he did he has hurt their collective liberal ego. Now they will double, no triple, their efforts to prop that halo back ontop his head in an attempt to fix whatever it is that they did to so disgust their idol.

3. Doug on April 29th, 2013 1:57 pm

Yes, Joyanna's been good enough to agree to help out for another week or two!

The reason is that I'm in my final two weeks of working at my "day job" of 20 years (due to "downsizing" and consolidation), but they're a very busy final two weeks. I'm getting a generous severance and there are no hard feelings. Quite the contrary — I'll finally have time to focus more on what I like doing. More on that in the coming weeks.

But for now I really appreciate Joyanna's help. For those who don't know, her regular blog is here:

4. GreenEyedLady1 on April 29th, 2013 2:11 pm

Welcome back and I agree with your observations, Joyanna.

I always said Barry would be a great stand-up comedienne….Mooch and the girls could provide back-up vocals perhaps.

Did you notice Christie sitting with Arianna Huffington ?

Of course, Sarah had an opinion…..

‏@SarahPalinUSA

That #WHCD was pathetic. The rest of America is out there working our asses off while these DC assclowns throw themselves a #nerdprom

5. Truesoldier__ on April 29th, 2013 2:12 pm

Thanks for the update Doug. Cant wait to see what you have in the works next. And an extra special thanks to Joyanna for keeping things going.

6. Truesoldier__ on April 29th, 2013 2:18 pm

O/T..Did anyone else see the article over at the Blaze where Congressman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) is promising more hearings on Benghazi which he is hinting will include some of the survivors testimony? There was one of the statements that really stuck out to me:

He said that if there is anyone who wants to come forward, the House committee will make legal counsel available to them.

This sounds to me like they have found out more and may be offering an immunity to someone willing to come forward.

7. SignPainterGuy on April 29th, 2013 2:22 pm

Double Dittos !!

8. SignPainterGuy on April 29th, 2013 2:31 pm

It will be interesting to see who has the most pull; Lurch, who btw served in Vietnam, is blocking attorneys from representing the Benghazi whistleblowers: http://weaselzippers.us/2013/04/29/report-kerry-b

9. Truesoldier__ on April 29th, 2013 2:35 pm

SP is awesome! She just has a way to say exactly what we are all thinking. So refreshing.

As for Christie, did you see he is saying that dear leader has kept all his promises regarding Sandy, meanwhile there are still 1000's of people who are still homeless and looters are having a field day on the homes while they are being rebuilt.

10. Truesoldier__ on April 29th, 2013 2:40 pm

Interesting. There must be some pretty serious stuff that Lurch and Co doesn't want to see the light of day.

Like the linked article says, we are looking at a Constitutional showdown. I just hope that Weepy doesn't try to side with Lurch on this one (but I am not holding my breath).

11. Joyanna Adams on April 29th, 2013 2:59 pm

Thanks everybody! It's SUCH a pleasure to help out Mr. Powers because I always learn things here due to the fact that you guys always bring up the most interesting points! no matter what the subject.

As for Benghazi, I'm still waiting for Bill Clinton's final impeachment…it's said that Bonehead (John) won't let it come to court.

12. GreenEyedLady1 on April 29th, 2013 3:15 pm

Yeah, Governor Butterball® needs to just admit he's a democrat/prog now.

Chris Christie: A Conservative Myth http://conservativenewjersey.com/chris-christie-a

13. SignPainterGuy on April 29th, 2013 3:18 pm

Ole Horse Face is gonna get even longer-faced if he and Shrillary and others can`t throw a wrench in the works. They`ll try.

As for Weepy Bonehead, as Joyanna said below, he said he`d let it go to court, but I won`t hold my breath either.

The congressional report on the Benghazi attacks already showed Shrillary lied about her involvement and did in fact stop any reinforcement !

14. Granny55 on April 29th, 2013 4:28 pm

More Double Dittos!!

15. Granny55 on April 29th, 2013 4:34 pm

The MESS@MSNBC was doing exclusive coverage this morning. Not one negative person on. All positive and they are comparing Sandy to Katrina, blah, blah, blah. Christie is what he was all along – RINO Lite

16. Truesoldier__ on April 29th, 2013 4:46 pm

I don't think you can use the term Lite in a sentence that also includes Chrisitie…..

17. Truesoldier__ on April 29th, 2013 4:47 pm

O/T….Just saw over a Drudge that missiles were fired at a Russian Airliner flying over Syria:

And if that isn't bad enough, here's one worse:

Al-Qaeda's battle for control of Assad's chemical weapons plant http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middlee

18. Granny55 on April 29th, 2013 5:17 pm

LOL – hit the nail on the head with that one True!!!

19. Doug on April 29th, 2013 6:07 pm

Cant wait to see what you have in the works next

Me too!.

20. Doug on April 29th, 2013 6:09 pm

One thing I'm looking forward to in the coming months is having more time to talk about more stories that I just don't have time to get to on some days… this being one.

I wonder if Hillary's nervous that Christie seems to be angling to take her on for the Dem nomination in 2016.

21. Truesoldier__ on April 29th, 2013 6:16 pm

Now that would be commical to watch. Could you imagine the anger that would be seething from Shillary if she was knocked from pedestal for a second time?

22. SignPainterGuy on April 29th, 2013 7:45 pm

It looks like Israel is in no mood to allow Al-Qaeda to get those chemical weapons: http://weaselzippers.us/2013/04/29/report-israeli

23. SignPainterGuy on April 29th, 2013 7:52 pm

Unlike pResident Gutsy Call, Israel shows little indication of drawing fake "red lines" !

24. Truesoldier__ on April 29th, 2013 8:01 pm

Or leading from behind.

25. ChapBix on April 29th, 2013 9:24 pm

I have a different take on the figurative bricks that Obama was tossing at the lame stream media. I see this as his attempt at burnishing their "objectivity" for the benefit of the sheeple who might be questioning it in the slightest. He still needs CNN, et al to continue carrying his water in coming battles with Congress.

26. ChapBix on April 29th, 2013 9:25 pm

BTW, great work, Joyanna!

27. SignPainterGuy on April 29th, 2013 11:41 pm

OK, here`s twice I`ve seen Christie as taking Shrillary`s place. Are we imagining Christie changing parties so he might beat her in the primary ? Or are we just talking about him having the political weight as a RINO to win against Her Thighness ?

AFAIC, Christie is too near a dem as it is; he may as well switch parties and be done with it !

And speaking of which, here`s a new anagram for RINO; DMAAR – Dem Masquerading As A Republican !

28. SignPainterGuy on April 29th, 2013 11:52 pm

So Barrywan is like a coach in the locker room chewing butts at half time, but the team members know he still loves and needs them ?

29. SignPainterGuy on April 29th, 2013 11:57 pm

I for one never saw Christie as a conservative; dem-lite at best, but always a dem w/ right-leaning proclivities !

30. Hadrian on May 10th, 2014 7:36 am

31. James on July 3rd, 2014 8:00 am

Obama could be nasty to just about everyone who annoys him, which is, besides Congress and the GOP, practically the whole media and internet class Reverse Your Diabetes Today

32. Look At This on July 3rd, 2014 9:14 am

If you watched C-Span, you watched Michelle Obama give the journalist scholarships out to all women. And uh… two or three Chinese guys. And they all were inspired by Rachael Maddow.

33. write an essay on December 30th, 2014 7:08 am

Through education we all scope that education provides us in technical fields and we use our technical skills, knowledge and education in the filed of technology and science. We utilize different advancements in our technical skills and get a successful life. We live a happy, prosperous and wealthy life in the community.