That’s not exactly how it transpired, but close. Thanks to the tireless efforts of President Obama and others, the NRA’s membership has now reached five million and counting:

At the National Rifle Association’s convention in Houston, TX, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre announced that the NRA has now grown to an unprecedented 5 million active members. He concluded his speech with the theme of all the NRA officers, vowing, “From liberty’s defense, we will never back down. We will never surrender. We will always stand. We will always fight.”

Well over 70,000 members of the NRA are assembled in Houston, Texas for its 142nd Annual Meeting—projected to break the all-time record for the nation’s oldest and largest Constitutional rights organization. The convention houses over 300,000 square feet of exhibits (mostly firearms and accessories), seminars on various topics including women’s and children’s safety, and formal speeches from national political leaders and the NRA’s leadership. The central focus on the annual convention—as always—is protecting the Constitution’s Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

The NRA Recruiter of the Century accomplishment goes with Obama’s other award:

Comments

24 Responses to “Wayne LaPierre Awards Barack Obama with ‘NRA Recruiter of the Century’ Accolade”

1. jeffythequick on May 6th, 2013 4:03 pm

Unlike the Nobel Peace Prize, he actually earned this award!

Like I put on MM's site, Wayne needs to be corrected:

5,000,001.

I signed up on Saturday.

2. SignPainterGuy on May 7th, 2013 12:18 pm

Besides FAIL, what do you call it when you get what you try NOT to get !?

3. Truesoldier__ on May 7th, 2013 12:47 pm

O/T…Democrat uses the Nancy Pelosi rule in her campaign…..you have to elect her to find out about her.

4. SignPainterGuy on May 7th, 2013 1:04 pm

Don`t forget that Horse-Face, Jawn (I served in Vietnam) Kerry, did it as well. (paraphrased) "I have a plan. My plan is, I have a plan. You have to elect me to see what my plan is !"

5. Truesoldier__ on May 7th, 2013 1:13 pm

I had forgot about that. What is it with Democrats and 'game show' politics?

6. SignPainterGuy on May 7th, 2013 1:20 pm

Barry is certainly reaching for the historicals ! First black pResidente, first closet muslim, first to get universal healthcare passed, first to see the country`s credit downgraded (and then did it a second time), first to spend over $1 Trillion every year of his pResidency, he is in Record Territory for vacays (with and without his family) and golf outings, RT for lies, RT for passing / avoiding blame and responsibility, RT for EOs and czars, RT for impeachable offenses ……..

First Pres. to promise and deliver support to the muslims "if it comes down to it…".

Has anyone, Pres. or other, been so dependent on a teleprompter ?

7. SignPainterGuy on May 7th, 2013 1:26 pm

They realize that very many of the electorate watch game shows, talent shows and the like far more than real news programming.

8. Truesoldier__ on May 7th, 2013 1:49 pm

Hell, actors even tend to adlib more than dear leader is off prompter.

9. jeffythequick on May 7th, 2013 2:39 pm

And the one actor (and the only former union president) that was president spoke from the heart, and did quite well ad libbing.

He spoke from the heart.

I guess this guy does the same when he's off script.

10. SignPainterGuy on May 7th, 2013 2:40 pm

Robin Williams and Jonathan Winters come to mind. They kept the crews and costars laughing !

I don`t remember any of them dividing the country like the left`s messiah has / does …… after promising to bring the country together.

11. SignPainterGuy on May 7th, 2013 2:58 pm

Excellent point ! I was so pleasantly proven wrong by Ronaldus Magnus; I couldn`t believe that an actor, even if he was a former governor of the People`s Republik of Kalifornia, could possibly be a good President.

Evidence would lead us to believe Teh Won has no heart ? I think it also speaks of the sorry state of his soul !

12. Truesoldier__ on May 7th, 2013 3:17 pm

Dear leader does have a heart, but it part of the collective heart of all liberals;therefore he cannot be held to account for what the rest of the collective is feeling.

13. Truesoldier__ on May 7th, 2013 3:22 pm

Even though Robin Williams is a big time lib he has made me laugh over the years. Seeing the outtakes from his movies when he just starts adlibing and the reaction of the crew is hillarious.

As a matter of fact, I heard that RW ad libed a majority of his lines as the Genie in Disney's Aladdin.

14. jeffythequick on May 7th, 2013 3:24 pm

Cheapening your brand.

Nobel Prize? Yeah, we have a few over there in the back room. I'll give you $25 for it.
    -Pawn Stars

15. SignPainterGuy on May 7th, 2013 8:20 pm

Do you remember "Mork & Mindy" ? He kept the crew in stitches and when Jonathan Winters came on as their son (Orkians are hatched from very large eggs in mature adult bodies and childish brains and then age toward infants with mature minds), the two of them set proverbial fire to the studio !

I wore out my last GF`s copy of "Aladdin" because of RW.

16. SignPainterGuy on May 7th, 2013 8:25 pm

"You want to award me with a Nobel Peace Prize ? Why, can`t you get 'Iron Man III' tickets ?"

17. Truesoldier__ on May 7th, 2013 8:30 pm

Mork & Mindy. That was such a great show.

18. michael on May 18th, 2014 8:28 am

I know that you have to stay protected nowadays, but I think that the law should not let everyone to buy the so called home defense products. A psychological profile should be done before selling a firearm to a person

19. fixer on May 30th, 2014 9:38 am

Wow!! Five million are a lot of people, this is a very good thing to the weapon industry. These people should also buy some cases for their guns from CasesByPelican.com.

20. essay paper services on September 28th, 2014 2:38 pm

The employees getting online education or doing online courses can get promotions more easily because they keep increasing their educational record or an ability which increases the chances of the promotion for them and keep upgrading their careers.

21. mobdro download on June 27th, 2016 6:48 am

good Mobdro program can be amazing, it can be reinforced on nearly all Google android gadgets in the present day.great.

22. snapchat filter app on August 25th, 2016 8:16 am

good The main is certainly to locate the proper one for your activity at palm. One of the virtually all common emulators that can be used is certainly Bluestacks.nice.

23. Mobdro App Premium on October 2nd, 2016 12:48 pm

really perfectly done and also nice confrontation.

24. duo-app on December 2nd, 2016 3:56 am

awesome We developed Duo with a prestige on personal privacy and also safety and security, Well, Google Duo download is currently accessible around the world nice.