It’s on.

If you want to watch online, the second video here seems to be the least glitchy feed.

So far the “whistleblowers” are testifying what they’ve previously been reported as saying — that there was no demonstration prior to the attack and that rapid rescue troops in the country were ordered (by somebody) to stand down — and the Democrats on the panel are doing their best to protect Hillary’s 2016 campaign. That’s evidenced by Elijah Cummings’ opening statement:

Dems keep citing the Accountability Review Board, but they’re not reminding everyone that the panel is now under investigation for failing to interview key witnesses (I’ll bet my house that those witnesses coincidentally all have stories that go against the administration’s version of the attack and its aftermath).

Dem Rep. Clay was the first (that I’ve heard at this hearing) to blame the attack on GOP cuts. Not that it would matter to the Dems, but that was covered:

Remember Hillary’s “what difference does it make” while watching part of the opening statement of Eric Nordstrom, a former regional security officer in Libya:

Update: Hicks testified that the State Department told him not to meet with congressional investigators. #Transparency

If you’re watching the hearing, you might have noticed that some of the libs on the committee are being careful not to impugn the witnesses credibility or experience, but rather decrying Republicans using their testimony “for political purposes” which insinuates the witnesses are lying. The Dems know these guys are credible so they’re being careful not to square off directly with them but rather are doing so through an intermediary GOP straw man. Other Dems, like Cummings, are taking a more simple approach: “The witnesses are wrong because the Obama administration says they are.”

Update II: And the paper that took down Nixon simply yawns these days:

Comments

45 Responses to “House Benghazi Hearing Open Thread”

1. SignPainterGuy on May 8th, 2013 5:44 pm

Prominent dims are say that these hearings are simply about politics. Well, sure, because murders are always only about politics. The murders were at the hands of muslims who follow their holy texts and religious leaders, so again, it`s politics, nothing more.

2. Doug on May 8th, 2013 6:33 pm

Same people who will say the Newtown families Obama used as a backdrop was NOT about politics.

3. Granny55 on May 8th, 2013 6:46 pm

The WashPost Tweet was completely disgusting – but they are taking lots of $hit for it.

4. Granny55 on May 8th, 2013 6:48 pm

I have only been able to listen to updates from Rush and Sean. Anyone ask about the 30+ people rescued from the compound and where are they and why have we not heard from them. Last night I heard a couple of them lost limbs in the attacks.

5. jeffythequick on May 8th, 2013 7:29 pm

The classic Progressive:

"Dying is part of life… life is part of dying"

Progressivism is the most ungodly of all of the theories of men.

6. SignPainterGuy on May 8th, 2013 7:49 pm

I heard that "Dying is a part of life …." quote played again today on radio. I could swear he added, "…we should make life a bigger part of death."

What ? From dumb to dumber !

7. Truesoldier__ on May 8th, 2013 10:25 pm

Meanwhile, The WH is sticking by its story that it didn't know who was responsible for the attacks even 5 days after the attacks.

Lets say for argument sakes that is true (even after the damning testimony today), that would make this WH completely and totally incompetent and negligent of upholding their sworn duties and should lead to resignations all the way to the top (not that any of that will happen).

8. SignPainterGuy on May 8th, 2013 10:59 pm

Live by the lie, die by the lie ! They certainly can`t drop it now, they`d be seen for the liars they are !

9. Marshall_Will on May 8th, 2013 11:05 pm

As well they should. Talk about dog whistles. Is Chick-fil-a lover the same thing as a tea partier?

Is the professional LEFT still fuming over their best sales day EVAH? Orchestrated in large part to MM, Doug and others? They'd do best to drop the (1) single event that showed more than anything what a fraud last fall's election results were.

10. Marshall_Will on May 8th, 2013 11:07 pm

Can't see how there wouldn't be serious injury among the survivors. A sustained attack of what, 7 HOURS? They were abandoned, left for dead and muzzled ever since.

Or aren't we allowed to talk about that?

11. Marshall_Will on May 8th, 2013 11:13 pm

"They view us as mice in a laboratory. That is all. To be controlled and manipulated."

Primarily thru their fiercest enforcer, the Tax Code. Smoking Ban aside, a BAR is about the only place you won't have your every behavior scrutinized and directed.

Assuming it's not a trendy upscale place where they are now "scanning" your driver's license to "I.D" someone old enough to be the ID'er's grand parent? Seriously, stopped by a casino w/ Mrs. Will and they scanned my DL. I'm sure it's for my own safety……

12. Marshall_Will on May 8th, 2013 11:17 pm

Not that I'm giving up hope it won't? Even many of the younger G.I's on base were finally taking notice! Kind of funny, you're just an old used up NCO ( until they need the events of the last 9 + mos. explained in 30 seconds or less?

What's "almost stunning in its inaccuracy" is the application of "meany budget cuts" when assets were within close enough proximity to return a Redbox video as the clock runs out toward another late fee? Had those assets in the area blown a few lights, they'd have made it.

13. Pasadena Phil on May 9th, 2013 12:52 am

Study this timeline in the months leading up to the Benghazi attacks carefully and see if you can spot when exactly the big lie makes its first appearance. It's comes after Ayman Al-Zawari calls for retaliation to avenge the death of #2 guy Abu Yahya-al-Libi on 9/10 and before Carney announces that the attack was not pre-planned and that there was no indication that an attack was coming.

Everything in that timeline makes sense and follows logically except for the painfully obvious appearance of the coverup narrative. It's like being on a guided tour of the WH with the guide carefully walking you through the various historical important events that happened there only to suddenly bump into the president sporting a huge boner. Subtle.

Who needs an investigation? Hillary officially declared that it was a spontaneous protest over that video tape at 10pm on 9/11, just a half-hour after the first shots were fired. Then it took Susan Rice FIVE days to follow up with her official report which we have learned was written in the WH by the CIA.

14. SignPainterGuy on May 9th, 2013 1:28 am

I can understand a certain level of surety on the part of the biz, what with all the rules, regs and litigiousness now days. I was 34 the first time I was carded for alcohol, at a bowling alley for beer. I`d bought liquor at 15 and beer starting at 16, when you had to be 18 for beer and 21 for hard liquor. At 47, a WalMart emp. carded me for cigs. He held my carton of smokes and license, carried them to the cashier, laid them behind the register where they waited for my turn. I told him I`d never shop at THAT store again. It was easy to carry thru on the threat …… in Danville, VA. (btw, it was explained to me that the carding and securing of my purchase was to insure that I didn`t give any smokes to minors)

"Scanning" your license; that sounds over the line to me. LOOK, yes; SCAN, NO !

15. SignPainterGuy on May 9th, 2013 1:34 am

The HildaBeast started it only 30 minutes in ?

I find that fascinating, as though she knew the attacks were coming and was ready. The video was relatively unknown here and surely not seen by many in the ME at that point. Her, Barry`s, the media`s, constant harping on the vid. just served as advertising, a call for muslims to seek it out TO watch it and see what all the hub bub was about !

16. jeffythequick on May 9th, 2013 11:49 am

I mock those signs that say, "We ID anyone under 50" as "Hi! We're too stupid to know how old you are!"

Around July 4, they'll (WalMart) sell fireworks to anyone that looks to be above the age of walking, yet if you want to buy a beer, you have to show them your AARP card.

17. SignPainterGuy on May 9th, 2013 12:21 pm

I consider my WalMart incident as them saying, "We`re equal opportunity discriminators, we consider everyone to be crooks !"

K-Mart has the best price on canned air (`puter duster) and have it on the shelf instead of locked in a cabinet, but they ask for your birth date at check out. It`s in the cash register programming, so it can`t be skipped. Sometimes they ask, sometimes the cashier enters her own BD. Whenever they don`t ask for it, I thank them for NOT asking for it. I explained that it`s insulting to consider everyone potentially stupid enough to huff that stuff.

BTW, a UNC-Chapel Hill (THE most liberal of all the liberal UNC University system) student and son of former UNC Board of Governors Chairwoman died recently from huffing canned air dusters. So, stupidity knows no bounds !

Why stop at collecting birth dates and not entire ID info, the way they do with pseudo-ephedrine ? Huffers aren`t all under 30 !

I really can`t blame the stores, but it just bugs me !

18. Truesoldier__ on May 9th, 2013 12:23 pm

I loved it when that one witness was asked about the "GOP budget cuts" and she looked at the Dem Congressman like he had a d!ck growing out of his forehead and told him that they absouletly had nothing to do with the security issues in Benghazi.

I wish they had brought up that around the same time Shillary cut the security off at Benghazi the Vienna embassy got a fleet of Chevy Dolts.

19. Truesoldier__ on May 9th, 2013 12:25 pm

I am sure they (dear leader and all his cronies) new about the video for some time and were just holding onto the knowledge of the video to use as a scapegoat when needed.

20. Truesoldier__ on May 9th, 2013 12:28 pm

Remeber how Doug pointed out that Susan Rice received an award the other day….Well Shillary received one in Beverly Hills while the hearing was taking place:

21. Pasadena Phil on May 9th, 2013 12:30 pm

It says a lot about why they were telling the Marines to stand down (twice). They were already planning the apology campaign and couldn't afford to shoot and apologize at the same time. After all, no one had seen that video yet.

It also tells you what the priorities were. Officially, the WH and State were "investigating" and didn't want to get in the way of people on the ground. But unofficially, they were already moving ahead imposing their political narrative onto the situation. Those Americans died because they stood in the way of Obama's re-election and Hillary's palns for 2016.

22. Truesoldier__ on May 9th, 2013 12:35 pm

Charles Karauthammer is asking the one question manyof us have been wondering…..Where was the commander in chief during the Benghazi attack?

As far as I know, that still has not been asked or answered.

23. SignPainterGuy on May 9th, 2013 12:40 pm

There`s a theory that Obama had a plan in the works with some muslim group to allow the capture of and then the trade for Emb. Stevens for the blind Sheik. It`s that possibility that gives reason to their having the vid. narrative ready to go !

24. SignPainterGuy on May 9th, 2013 12:43 pm

Fascinating ! Another lib award that has the name backward. It seems to me that the public serviced her !

25. Truesoldier__ on May 9th, 2013 12:45 pm

The Blaze has a pretty good run down of some of the issues:

26. SignPainterGuy on May 9th, 2013 12:53 pm

So far the best guess is he was asleep to be fresh for his flight to Vegas for a fundraiser ! He told his peeps to handle it and went off grid.

27. Truesoldier__ on May 9th, 2013 1:00 pm

It wouldn't surprise me. The MB has been wanting him back for quite some time. Hell, Morsi in Egypt has said that is what he wants from the US.

28. Pasadena Phil on May 9th, 2013 1:04 pm

If that timeline by Doug Ross is complete and accurate, it raises lots of questions about that theory.

29. SignPainterGuy on May 9th, 2013 1:19 pm

I so hate that it is even conceivable that this is even a remote possibility from this admin. They are so dirty in so many arenas !

I just want the truth to come out in full and all responsible individuals to be held to account !

30. Truesoldier__ on May 9th, 2013 1:31 pm

That is my guess as well. He put out the Do not disturb sign and that was the end of his night…..Does anyone know where Reggie Love was that night?

31. Truesoldier__ on May 9th, 2013 1:38 pm

I saw that they are still effectively blocking one withness from coming to testify by still playing games with their attorneys securtiy clearance. It appears they only gave her the paperwork to do up a basic clearance instead of a top secret clearance. Remember, this lawyer was part of the DOJ's counter terrorism unit and previously held a top secret clearance (under Bush I believe). It wouldn't take nearly as much to update her clearance compared to the crap they are pulling right now. This says alot about what this whistleblower knows.

Also, when are they going to hear from Lt. Col Gibson? It seems like that guy knows who gave the stand down order and he would be able to shed light on the exact capabilities of the SF in Tripoli that was told to stand down. How much you want to bet he has since been deployed to the worst of the worst provinces in Afghaninstan by now.

32. Truesoldier__ on May 9th, 2013 1:48 pm

Here is another thing I have always wondered about Benghazi. What were their QRF (Quick Reaction Force) contigency plans?

When I served in Iraq in 2004 I was part of Ambassador Bremmer's and Ambassador Negroponte's convoy security. Every time we left the embassy we rolled with quite a few vehicles and armed personnel. Even still we had a QRF on standby that could roll with in 10 minutes of us calling for backup. This was the case even when we were rolling on meets the Ambassador's set up that were off the books (like meets with infomants). I would think that this is the SOP for any foreing embassy mission as you never know when something may happen. Let's face the military and private security plan for the worst case scenario which would include having a QRF on stand by for just this type of contigency.

It sounds to me like the SF troops in Tripoli were the QRF and the fact that they were ordered to stand down needs to be investigated to find out exactly why they did not want any survivors.

33. SignPainterGuy on May 9th, 2013 2:04 pm

Perhaps Top Secret incl. what`s in their "real plans". That could mean one would have to be not only dem, but also a marxist and a muslim coddler.

Of course it goes w/o saying that witness #4 has deadly dirt on the admin., or it is certainly feared he does !

As I read it, Gibson is nearly a ghost; the Blaze could find only basic b/g on him.

34. SignPainterGuy on May 9th, 2013 2:04 pm

Eeeww, that get`s close to TMI !

35. SignPainterGuy on May 9th, 2013 2:11 pm

I think it was on Hannity radio yesterday, I heard a replay of questions to a member of that QRF. He was asked if he trained for the tuff and dangerous stuff ? "Yes." Did he train to go to the Carribean or Canada ? "No." Would he and the team have been willing to go to Benghazi if called ? "Yes."

Obviously they didn`t have the "Top Secret" clearance I alluded to above, OR, the admin didn`t want survivors or they wanted the hostage / trade situation to proceed !

There are no obvious good scenarios in this whole mess !

36. Obama bin Biden on May 9th, 2013 2:42 pm

Cummings is another fine example of the failures of Affirmative Action.

37. jeffythequick on May 9th, 2013 5:19 pm

…and how many times was it seen in the Mid-East, on their "every home with Internet" objectives in Post-Quaddafi Libya?

38. Truesoldier__ on May 9th, 2013 5:29 pm

No surprise there…You don't real LT Col in SF by advertising.

39. SignPainterGuy on May 9th, 2013 7:13 pm

What % of homes there even have electricity, much less i`net access ?

40. SignPainterGuy on May 9th, 2013 7:14 pm

What ? Try that again !

41. Truesoldier__ on May 9th, 2013 8:52 pm

Talking to someone and typing at the same time isn't a good idea…lol

What I meant to say is you don't make it to LT Col in SF by advertising yourself.

42. Truesoldier__ on May 9th, 2013 8:53 pm

That is the funny thing. You see mud huts with satellite dishes on top in Iraq (no idea about Afghanistan) and nearly everyone has a cell phone in Iraq.

43. ChapBix on May 9th, 2013 11:32 pm

Segue to death panels in Obamacare.

44. SignPainterGuy on May 10th, 2013 12:11 am

Two halves of a mind don`t necessarily add up to a whole, but rather leaves a hole ? ;-)

Yeah, I thought that was your intent; just thought I should ask to be sure. And for sure, a security force member of any rank should be discreet; a commander doubly so !

45. SignPainterGuy on May 10th, 2013 1:49 am

From the action vids at Weasel Zippers I get the idea that there is very little modern building materials or styles and few outward signs of telecommunications. A real shame because before militant islam took over in Afghanistan, it was a wealthy, rather modern country !