Timing is everything.

“And the award for least convincing lie told to the faces of the families of assassinated government officials goes to…”:

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton arrived at a Beverly Hills gala to much fanfare on Wednesday as she prepared to accept an award for her public service.

Local volunteers from a national organization called “Ready for Hillary 2016? were organized outside the Beverly Wilshire hotel, where the Pacific Council on International Policy would be honoring the secretary.

The Council awarded Clinton with the inaugural Warren Christopher Public Service Award, named after the former secretary of state who served under her husband, former President Bill Clinton, from 1993 to 1996.
[...]
The award in his name honors “the public service of others whose work reflects his distinctive leadership qualities,” according to the Pacific Council, which considers itself “the premier international affairs organization focused on policy issues of special resonance to the West Coast”, according to its website.

Well, “what difference does it make” is a distinctive leadership quality… I’ll give them that much.

So, on the same day witnesses in Washington were providing further details regarding Hillary’s fatal level of ineptitude and negligence, she was being recognized by sycophants for her brilliance. That sounds about right.

(h/t IOwnTheWorld)

Comments

35 Responses to “Hillary Handed Public Service Award on Same Day as Benghazi Hearing”

1. jeffythequick on May 9th, 2013 7:33 pm

Zero gets a Nobel Prize for doing nothing, then participating in three wars.
    Mrs. "Smartest woman in the world who is shocked at her serial philandering husband is caught cheating by a souvenir keeping girl" Clinton gets a prize for doing less than nothing, in fact, ensuring that nothing is done, resulting in the death of four Americans.
    First graders get a trophy for finishing 6th in a soccer league with 6 teams.

I think the best thing I can do with my life is not to win an award.

2. SignPainterGuy on May 9th, 2013 7:51 pm

"I think the best thing I can do with my life is not to win an award."

When I was a kid, 2 of my uncles would take me to local trout hatcheries to let me fish. (The co. would prepare your catch for you ready to cook however you liked) I would have preferred river or lake fishing, but what`s a kid to do, right ?

They supplied visitors with all the tackle, incl. bright gold hooks and worms or corn. The trout were so hungry and the hooks were so visible, I started trying to place an unbaited hook on the bottom and get it out of the water without catching a fish; it was far more challenging !

3. Truesoldier__ on May 9th, 2013 8:59 pm

Speaking of worthless awards check this one out:

Department of the Army announces that the Solider of the Year is………Every Soldier!

4. Truesoldier__ on May 9th, 2013 9:02 pm

So another leftist group thinks that by giving Shillary an award it will shield her from scrutiny at the next hearing on Benghazi when she gets called on to testify

Rep Issa: "Sec Clinton, please explain to us why you felt it wasn't neccessary to provide more security when requested by two seperate Ambassadorss?"

Shillary: "You can't question my leadership. See I got this award for public service!"

5. SignPainterGuy on May 9th, 2013 9:11 pm

The ARMY has gone PC; the Army Participation Award !

6. SignPainterGuy on May 9th, 2013 9:18 pm

Shrillary: "Shut up, it`s my turn !"

7. swede on May 9th, 2013 10:09 pm

"…public service of others whose work reflects his distinctive leadership qualities”

Yaaaaaah, well. Best reaction to this Cracker Jack prize I can think of comes directly from the onerous pant zuit herself at the Patreaus hearing: "That requires a willing suspension of disbelief."

"Ready for Hillary 2016" has to be the PUMA (party unity my a**) Hilly groupies from the Obamajesty Convention/Coronation. Telling them Ms Rodham C is responsible for Benghazi is like telling Tiny Tim Santa is a pedophile… Fingers placed firmly in ears, "LA LA LA LA LA I can't hear you LA LA LA LA…"

8. Truesoldier__ on May 10th, 2013 1:02 am

My question is, does this award also go to the sgt that just plead guilty (2 weeks ago) to killing 5 fellow soldiers in cold blood while deployed to Afghanistan?

9. alansmith15 on May 10th, 2013 7:01 am

hmmm…sounds controversial, right? but i don't think this kind of things should be given an importance, may it be just a political PR…who cares. There are a lot of BIG problems that needs the public's critical thinking and time.

10. jeffythequick on May 10th, 2013 11:37 am

I think The Incredibles movie said it best:

11. Truesoldier__ on May 10th, 2013 12:17 pm

Believe it or not, the Benghazi story is finally getting the attention of some in the MSM.

ABC has this: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/excl

NBC had this (linked via real clear politics): http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/05/10

And the same talking head on NBC had this to say (via the weekly standard): http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/democrats-act

Of course this looks like it is all pointing to the "throw Shillary under the bus" campaign that we talked about the other day. The only thing that remains to be seen is whether or not Shillary will allow herself to be thrown under the bus or will she take dear leader with her.

12. SignPainterGuy on May 10th, 2013 12:47 pm

There`s much wisdom in the kids` movies !

13. rosa on May 10th, 2013 12:55 pm

Anything that will dissuade her from running!

14. SignPainterGuy on May 10th, 2013 1:11 pm

Let`s pray it`s the latter ! The HildaBeast is toast either way !

As to the msm finally reporting on some parts of the scandal; when a dump truck unloads on you, you can hardly deny that some dirt does exist !

Lisa Myers actually asks some damning questions !

15. Truesoldier__ on May 10th, 2013 1:19 pm

Yep, that cartoon about sums it up.

16. Truesoldier__ on May 10th, 2013 1:36 pm

Jay Leno has the new WH slogan…..

Hope and Change the Subject http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/0

17. SignPainterGuy on May 10th, 2013 1:38 pm

I thought so too ! My response to a lib who thinks we are blowing this whole Benghazi scandal all out of proportion is way down the page.

18. Truesoldier__ on May 10th, 2013 1:44 pm

O/T…Looks like the IRS has finally admited to targeting Conservative groups in the 2012 election year:

The Internal Revenue Service inappropriately flagged conservative political groups for additional reviews during the 2012 election to see if they were violating their tax-exempt status, a top IRS official said Friday.

Organizations were singled out because they included the words "tea party" or "patriot" in their applications for tax-exempt status, said Lois Lerner, who heads the IRS division that oversees tax-exempt groups.

In some cases, groups were asked for their list of donors, which violates IRS policy in most cases, she said.

19. SignPainterGuy on May 10th, 2013 1:45 pm

Jay is truly funny and as my local talkshow host said yesterday, "He`s a real comedian; he goes for what`s funny – an equal opportunity fun-poker !"

I haven`t heard the full poop on the subject, but if NBC is just getting rid of Jay and Jay is not simply retiring, they`re messing up by the numbers. Jimmy Fallen is nowhere near the star / comedian / interesting personality.

20. SignPainterGuy on May 10th, 2013 1:47 pm

MM also has the story up.

Is the IRS not scary enough already ?

21. Truesoldier__ on May 10th, 2013 1:51 pm

O/T….Yet another thing the Gang of Ocho's bill will lead to.

Spanish speaking custodians claim they were injured due to warning signs being in English only. File discrimination complaint.

22. Truesoldier__ on May 10th, 2013 2:06 pm

No kidding. Makes you wonder if Congress will investigate this. Here you have the IRS admit that they were targeting Conservative groups in an election year. talk about voter suppression and intimidation.

23. SignPainterGuy on May 10th, 2013 2:06 pm

If I`m caught as an illegal alien in Mexico I`m gonna be tossed in jail long before I have a chance to complain about no signs in English !

24. Truesoldier__ on May 10th, 2013 2:08 pm

I remeber when Fallon was on SNL. He always looked 'star struck' whenever he had a skit with whomever was the guest star that week.

As for Jay, I have heard rumor that Fox is courting him for a late night show. That would be the ultimate revenge on NBC, take down the tonight show in the ratings with a new show on a rival network.

25. Truesoldier__ on May 10th, 2013 2:08 pm

Speaking of Fox….looks like they are working at bringing back 24.

26. jeffythequick on May 10th, 2013 2:48 pm

I'm a fan of getting rid of the IRS. These weapons in the hands of the wrong people can have catastrophic consequences.

Repeal the 16th Amendment!

27. jeffythequick on May 10th, 2013 2:49 pm

Where are you leading this to? I guess I'm just asking what other BIG problems there are…

28. jeffythequick on May 10th, 2013 2:50 pm

They'd like to apologize.

But, they won't, or do an "I'm sorry if you were offended by what we did."

What I want out of this is evidence, names, and consequences.

29. SignPainterGuy on May 10th, 2013 3:00 pm

Mega Dittos and SALUTE !!

30. Truesoldier__ on May 10th, 2013 3:02 pm

Them apologizing is supposed to be a see were sorry so there is no reason to look any deeper.

31. Granny55 on May 10th, 2013 3:37 pm
  32. Truesoldier__ on May 10th, 2013 3:48 pm

Yep. It would be nice if this little tidbit made its way into more peoples hands and was asked by Congress.

I would love to see some group out there buy ad time on the MSM and run this clip along with what we now know about Benghazi in a tv add. At the end urge people to contact their elected representatives to demand the truth.

33. SignPainterGuy on May 10th, 2013 7:33 pm

Infuriating !

Can we get a re-do ?

34. alansmith15 on May 20th, 2013 1:44 pm

i can name a few for you… war, hunger, economic crisis and the likes that results to unemployment and thus create a cycle. There are lots more… human trafficking until now, since the slave trade era it has never been ceased to be fully stopped the terms used are just diversified. And i know you are thinking of gargantuan problems that every nation has to face rather than, have our neurotransmitters fire up for something that might just actually be staged for personal gain. And again, just to reiterate it is just me "speaking y mind out" (or rather typing

35. Thaddeus on June 5th, 2013 10:35 pm

Awesome! Its genuinely awesome article, I have got much clear idea on the topic of from this paragraph.