Our comrades at The People’s Cube have made a mockery of this with the following depiction of what it will look like if President Obama delivers another speech at Iwo Jima:

obamaiwo

Comments

24 Responses to “Setting the Scene: Obama’s Next Visit to Iwo Jima”

1. backwoodsconsr on May 21st, 2013 12:58 pm

Raising the umbrella over Mount Sonofabitchi.

2. SignPainterGuy on May 21st, 2013 1:11 pm

Will we ever know; is that a pic of the real event, or is that just staged for the camera and POTUS ?

3. jeffythequick on May 21st, 2013 1:55 pm

His grandfather helped liberate Iwo Jima after he freed Buchenwald, and fed the masses with his C-Rations.

4. backwoodsconsr on May 21st, 2013 2:03 pm

"What, do you guys raise an umbrella every time you stop for lunch?"

"We raised the umbrella on the third day. The boration went on for thirty-five days."

*With apologies to "Flags Of Our Fathers".

5. jeffythequick on May 21st, 2013 2:14 pm

I've been thinking about the umbrella moment. If I were President, I would have held the umbrella over the Marine.

6. SignPainterGuy on May 21st, 2013 2:35 pm

As I understand it, the GIs had "K" rations; the Navy had the C rations. The GIs were tickled to get C rations.

The C ration was better tasting and there was more included in it; the K ration was more for emergencies, survival or short duration battle situations, SOOOO, for maximum miraculous effect, the "K-Ration" theme would carry more impact. Just trying to help ! ;-)

BTW, I heard that the 787 is now officially back in the air ! Congrats !

7. SignPainterGuy on May 21st, 2013 2:41 pm

YES, I`m convinced that you would !!!

You care for and respect others and don`t have your head up your own butt ! http://hardnox-in-virginia.blogspot.com/2012/07/l

8. SignPainterGuy on May 21st, 2013 2:52 pm

Now that there is funny; I don`t care who you are !

9. jeffythequick on May 21st, 2013 3:12 pm

Yes, they are! It's nice to see them flying past my window (well, about a mile past my window)!

He was such a miracle worker, that he could have any kind of ration he wanted! (OK, that was covering my ignorance on C/K Rations)

10. sizemorew on May 21st, 2013 6:02 pm

Are we sure this was Photoshopped? It seems legit to me.

11. Marshall_Will on May 22nd, 2013 12:23 am

Lol! Yeah, truth stranger than 'fiction'.

My hat's been off to the folks at The People's Cube ever since MM first steered me that way via a link. Those writers are the best! Been in my Fave's ever since.

12. SignPainterGuy on May 22nd, 2013 1:14 am

Me too ! They have a unique insight that is nothing short of amazing !

I haven`t been over there in a while; it`s time for a good belly laugh !

13. ChapBix on May 23rd, 2013 1:20 am

Yes, you would. But you are not Obama. Big difference.

14. ChapBix on May 23rd, 2013 1:22 am

Actually, I was surprised to see that Obama was not of those raising the umbrella. Guess he still needs/wants to be one of those who is a beneficiary of someone else's labors.

15. Thaddeus on June 5th, 2013 10:32 pm

Amazing! Its in fact remarkable article, I have got much clear idea on the topic of from this post.

16. opaler on January 8th, 2014 1:39 pm

I respect the office of president, but I lost respect for the occupant long ago, before finding out his attitude to the the NRA and to AR accessories…. it is sad to see those who support his policies continue to proclaim his brilliance, but it is even sadder to see/hear them justifying his lies.

17. nsa on March 12th, 2014 10:01 pm

When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law.

18. Jammal on May 10th, 2014 10:55 am

amazing photo

19. Walker on June 30th, 2014 8:25 pm

This specific is usually a excellent examine personally. Thanks for submitting posts developing a excellent insight encourages me personally to confirm more frequently for fresh create ups. Keep placing! Cellulite Factor Review

20. Homepage on July 3rd, 2014 9:31 am

Yes totally Agreed on powers those little sharing buttons and offers analytics on how readers and fans are interacting

21. Blogger?annonymus on July 10th, 2014 12:50 pm

Apparently, once a person has become an important public figure, all the others start taking a special interest in his life… And I say a special interest, as many people are addicted to gossip… For instance, I have seen, once, an important public figure at the Quisisana Resort while I was on vacation and I told that to a friend… Almost instantly he became very interested in my story… Some people should get a life of their own!

22. Blogger?annonymus on August 7th, 2014 5:41 am

You may be right, but as long as he still has some good initiatives, maybe it's not such a bad thing. The improvements to the health and education laws are really helping people. Easier access to health services and to education, like simplifying the procedures for applying for, let's say the NASCLA, helps people get a qualification that will help them get a better job.

23. Blogger?annonymus on August 26th, 2014 6:23 am

So Obama got to Iwo Jima now… It seems that he's doing quite a bit of traveling around the country. But, after all, why not? It's a very hard job, and if he has to do it, he might at least enjoy all the different places he sees. Probably he'd wish for a longer vacation to be able to explore the world, as a tourist, not as an official. Well, he may take consolation that he's be able to do it after he retires from politics.

24. temac2 on December 22nd, 2015 2:11 pm

Mr. President, it was funny, very expressive face