Here it is just in case you do:

Just about four years ago weren’t we told by Democrats like Axelrod that the nearly trillion dollars in stimulus would be the historic investment in bridges, roads and rail that this country needed?

Obama in 2009:

“Because of this investment,” he said, “nearly 400,000 men and women will go to work rebuilding our crumbling roads and bridges, repairing our faulty dams and levees, bringing critical broadband connections to businesses and homes in nearly every community in America, upgrading mass transit, building high-speed rail lines that will improve travel and commerce throughout our nation.”

Democrats using a deadly bridge collapse to wage baseless attacks on Republicans while shamelessly hawking more pork spending bills is nothing new. Nobody pimps tragedies like these clowns.

Update: The Washington bridge collapse apparently happened because a semi truck carrying an oversized load hit a support beam. Stand by for Axel-wad to claim that the driver was a tea partying Republican.

Comments

17 Responses to “Not That You Needed More Evidence That David Axelrod is a Low Rent Scuzzball, But…”

1. SignPainterGuy on May 24th, 2013 7:53 pm

Was the driver of the truck carrying an over-over-size load a republican ? How would Axeldork know; did he call his parents recently ? (Thanks for that line, Doug !)

Come on Doug, they put BiteMe in charge of monitoring the porkulus spending; you know he`s been focusing like his boss`s laser on it ! I know the money is still being spent because I still see some of those "This project funded by the Community Porkulus Act" signs !

2. Pasadena Phil on May 24th, 2013 8:12 pm

I just found out yesterday that my closest friend in my office went to grammar school with Axelrod in Brentwood. Yikes. He also knows Shulman professionally. You never know who you know and who they know.

I wonder why I never met Kevin Bacon? He must be too reclusive or something for me to not have bumped into people who know people who know him. He should get out more and meet people.

3. SignPainterGuy on May 24th, 2013 8:37 pm

I could tell numerous stories of, "You just don`t know who knows who" ! Let me just say, It`s best to tell the truth and it`s great when witnesses also tell the same truth !

4. Doug on May 24th, 2013 8:43 pm

Ha! Just updated and said something similar. Dems are still out there knocking the Republicans over the bridge collapse… facts don't matter… certainly not to their target low-info-voter demographic.

5. Pasadena Phil on May 24th, 2013 8:52 pm

Ah truth. It's all relative. As in it depends who you're related to.

6. Truesoldier__ on May 24th, 2013 11:46 pm

And nearly 10 years ago the voters of WA ST were told that if they raised the gas tax 9.5 cents over 3 years that bridges would be fixed and disaster would be averted……..and the voter's of WA ST bought it.

I am still trying to catch up with the news as we just got the Great Sand Dunes National Park on Wed afternoon and just got into our temp housing today (I'm just glad the internet works).

7. SignPainterGuy on May 25th, 2013 12:31 am

There are no temporary taxes, they are just preliminaries to even higher taxes. I do hope you can be comfortable in the temp. housing and the permanent digs are available soon !

8. thereaganiterepublican on May 25th, 2013 6:03 am

No prob Dave, how many more trillion would do the trick, you think?

9. Truesoldier__ on May 25th, 2013 1:00 pm

So true. I just never understood why people believed that the 9.5 cent gas tax would even be used to fix the roads (the first project finished was a bike path on I-90).

The temp digs are not too bad, just slow internet speed due to the remote area. The view on the other hand is simply amazing. We can see the dunes right from our window. Our youngest keep saying he expects to see Obi-Wan Kenobi come over the dune into sight at any moment (they really do look that surreal as if it was right out of a movie set).

The hardest part about the permanent housing will be choosing which house as there are so many nice houses either on a good sum of land (40 acres is pretty common) or in a really nice neighborhood. We are going to be checking out the schools this next week and the wife already has a lead on a job nearby (she should find out about the middle of June).

10. Granny55 on May 25th, 2013 1:40 pm

And did you see the DNC fundraising letter that was sent out…..Says the R's are making up scandals out of thin air. Sounds like Axlerod was the author of that whopper.

11. SignPainterGuy on May 25th, 2013 1:51 pm

Ah, the adventures of moving. NEEEEWWW ! Great for the kids except for losing friends and stuff. A backbreaking and mind numbing, worrisome mess for adults / parents. I hope all that balances out well !

Dunes, eh ? What do I look for on Google Earth to see them ?

I went w/ family to Jockey Ridge, Nags Head, NC when I was 8 (`61). Now THAT`s a dune. Fascinating tidbit: the motel room cost $8. a night.

12. Truesoldier__ on May 26th, 2013 7:27 pm

You might try checking google earth for the Great Sand Dunes National Park. In the meantime here is a link to a picture we took:

13. SignPainterGuy on May 26th, 2013 7:57 pm

You told me once before, but of course I forgetted, thanks.

Now THAT`s a DUNE ! :-)

14. SignPainterGuy on May 26th, 2013 9:09 pm

I remember now; looked at the town on GE. There seems to be a lot there for such a small town. No doubt you`ll miss the lushness of the PNW, but having a relatively rust-free car is good too ! ;-)

15. Truesoldier__ on May 27th, 2013 11:34 am

And open space to roam free is nice as well. So far one of the things that we have noticed is the level of customer service. Top notch all the way here. Even our 9 year old mentioned it. Heck, we even had a worker at Wendy's come to our table and ask us if we needed anything (it took us a few seconds to answer as we were shocked in disbelief).

16. SignPainterGuy on May 27th, 2013 11:53 am

I hope your new job is as pleasant and the wife finds enjoyable, fulfilling work too ! The schools look nice from space; how are they on the ground ? ;-)

17. Katlyn on June 23rd, 2013 5:09 am

Hi.Howdy to Each. I am really delighted I ran across your site. Now i'm working to get caught up. I have noted this for future useful resource and hope to participate in future discussions. Thanks again.