Memorial-Day

β€œHe which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers!! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother. Rest in peace brave soldier, you have not been forgotten.” β€” W. Shakespeare
*****

Happy Memorial Day to all those who serve and have served — and especially those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in defense of this nation, which is what this day is all about.

As a beneficiary of the fruits of the freedom that has been brought about and maintained by the incredible sacrifices of others (including members of my own family), Memorial Day is one of the most profoundly humbling days of the year. We thank them and vow to keep their memory alive by joining them in whatever ways we’re able to keep our country free so their sacrifices will never have been in vain.

Below are three of my favorite videos to post on this day, followed by one that is, frankly, rather pitiful.

Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier:

Ronald Reagan at Normandy on the 40th anniversary of the D-Day invasion. June 6, 1984:

“Memorial Day”:

Finally, I post this one just as a reminder that there are those who simply don’t know and/or care and/or understand part of the reason they are free… to be this willfully ignorant:

Comments

16 Responses to “Memorial Day: Remembering the Fallen”

1. SignPainterGuy on May 27th, 2013 11:57 am

There`s more than enough disgust to go around, the way our nation`s leaders have weakened our military`s morale and placed them in ever-increasing danger, tying their hands behind their backs by changing the ROEs. It`s clear to us that the design is to weaken the nation as a whole. Watching them support our self-declared enemies and seeing those leaders who should be fighting to stop this treason can`t find a spine to bring the charges deepens that disgust and leaves us fearing for the future safety of our American experiment !

SO, I hope we can all find solace in knowing that this nation is still so great that our military recruitment numbers are filled by volunteers, no draft is necessary. Let`s remember that GOD IS in control. Have Faith that HE has our best interests at heart.

I wish you ALL a Happy Memorial Day with friends and family ! Enjoy each other`s company while we honor the memories of the fallen, share stories of their better times, their bravery, their selfless service to GOD and Country ! Have a Happy and Joyous time because those whose lives were cut short made it possible AND because so many of our leaders seem not to want us to !

2. SignPainterGuy on May 27th, 2013 12:14 pm

You`re right, Doug, the 4th vid is truly pitiful. In 7 minutes, two people had a clue ! "DC hat" at least knew that we celebrate the memories of those who died in "the war" and the last guy, Astros fan, appeared to be about to correct the "celebrate the signing of the Declaration" lead in. THAT might have been interesting !

3. Truesoldier__ on May 27th, 2013 12:55 pm

To all of those who have fought to keep our nation free and to show the world that the United States Military, no matter the enemy (both foreign or domestic), will not go quietly into the shadows of history.

Our countrymen have heeded the call to defend this great nation and I truly believe that as long as we have men and women willing to put on the uniform each and every day we will never cease to be a nation, regardless of what the civilian leadership attempts to do.

4. SignPainterGuy on May 27th, 2013 1:14 pm

Doug, we really do need some sort of "LIKE", "UP" button feature option thingy !

5. Granny55 on May 27th, 2013 1:33 pm

Remembering my father who passed away 6 years ago – a WWII veteran. Thanking my daughter and son-in-law – Iraq war veterans and honoring my nephew currently serving with the Marines in Japan.

6. Granny55 on May 27th, 2013 1:45 pm

I was up really early this morning and pulled up Ronald Reagan's speech at Normandy. He was such a true patriot and so loved this country and the men and women who proudly served. It made me so proud to be an American.

Then about a half hour ago I saw Oblamer laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and I wanted to cry because of what this man has done to our country.

The contrast between the two men is so stark. RR always spoke with pride and you could see and hear his unabashed love of his country. Ozero speaks only to tear us apart and divide. RR always inserted we and us. Ozero is always me and I.

7. Joyanna Adams on May 28th, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm with Granny55..Ronald Reagan was the best President in our generation.
    And I couldn't watch Obama today…his fakeness makes me sick to my stomach.

SignPainterGuy is right. We still have a nation of great people, it's just they are very careful to keep them off the TV. Instead, we see Kenya West, talking about how he is still a slave although, he is very rich. Obama wants us all to think that America is on his side.

And THAT's why he is stocking up on bullets…go figure.

I liked the "celebrate the dead surfers" that was sad, but funny.

8. pmp classes online on May 29th, 2013 2:27 am

Thank you for sharing of those videos. It is the day to remember to our fellow countrymen who are part of our history.

9. EvolutionWriters on July 23rd, 2013 12:55 pm

As a career Marine this story hits home with me. I’ve lost 13 of my men in Iraq and Afghanistan and not a day goes by without thinking of them. They gave the ultimate sacrifice for the greatest country in the history of the world and did it without hesitation. They are/were true American heroes. Semper Fi my brothers, you fought the good fight.

10. ralet on February 11th, 2014 9:03 pm

My grandfather's name is about 1/3 the way down the first section. He never got to witness how convenient buying a gun from http://www.gunsafesnow.com/biometricsafes.aspx is now. I didn't realize until looking at his listing tonight that I'm now older than he ever was. I think I'm going to focus on the things that matter for awhile.

11. jasmini on March 3rd, 2014 12:28 pm

I'm sick of hearing ill-informed talk radio opinions all the time. I'm a flaming liberal in a very Republican area and normally I'm ok with that. But some people drive me crazy, and make it much more tempting to visit your <a href="http://www.tacticalwearonline.com/” target=”_blank”>http://www.tacticalwearonline.com/ and get some combat boots than to debate them. I feel like it's impolite to express these kind of negative political opinions at work, same as it would be rude to tear down someone's religion.

12. ciaociao123 on April 2nd, 2014 6:43 am

It's stories like this one that make me want to go to <a href="http://www.atascaderofirearms.com/” target=”_blank”>www.atascaderofirearms.com/ and get myself a gun, just for protection, for me and my family. I used to think that stories like these were only in movies, turns out life is sometimes a lot stranger than fiction.

13. Blogger?annonymus on August 7th, 2014 5:05 am

These people are national heroes and they should be treated as such. Unfortunately, many of them suffered stupid deaths, some of which that could have been prevented in the Florida Concealed Weapons Permit bill would have been passed earlier, not after very long talks.

14. Blogger?annonymus on August 26th, 2014 5:39 am

As part of the celebration of the fallen national heroes, the memorial services have been held in the cemetery, where, on a pedestal were a lot of burial urns, very beautiful, probably from http://www.urns.com, brought by the families of those who chose cremation. It was a very emotional ceremony, especially for those who have members of their family among those fallen.

15. essayontime.com on September 22nd, 2014 8:21 pm

A mother can show her boy or girl the all great ethics yet a school can teach him in the genuine sense these conduct and good in light of the fact that there he will be take in these ethics and behavior by honing them with other youngsters and teachers will be additionally controlling all of them the way while educating them.

16. clashroyaleforpci on August 16th, 2016 8:32 am

good This game provides the electricity to ruin the tower’s of challenger applicant and you may very easily make impressive crown chests.nice.