Not that being there for Monroe, Oklahoma will much help the people of Moore, which is where the tornado hit:

Teleprompter fail, or general disregard for one of the reddest of red states? Hard to imagine Obama making a similar mistake if he were talking about a town in Massachusetts.

I think maybe a talking point about the storm circulated among Dems had “Monroe” written on it instead of “Moore,” because Dick Blumenthal also recently referred to the town devastated by the tornado as “Monroe.”

In related news…

The House Oversight Committee has subpoenaed more Benghazi documents, and the House Judiciary Committee is investigating Eric Holder for suspected perjury. I wrote a little about both here. Stand by for historic levels of transparency stonewalling.

Comments

26 Responses to “Obama: We’ll Be There for the Folks in Monroe, Oklahoma”

1. SignPainterGuy on May 28th, 2013 7:54 pm

"TOTUS programmer gets close-up view of bus under-belly" !

"LOOK, another speed bump !"

Or, then again, since Blumenthal set the precedent, Moore may soon become Monroe ! Anyway, it`s not Barry`s fault !

2. backwoodsconsr on May 28th, 2013 9:51 pm

I wonder if it's something he caught from Biden. During the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings, Biden gave the floor to Strom Thurmond with the words, "The chair recognizes the Senator from North Carolina–I mean from South Carolina." Strom looked at him and sternly said, "And don't you forget it, either!"

3. Marshall_Will on May 29th, 2013 12:00 am

Yeah, I mean, they're ALL rednecks so what's the diff?

Same deal w/ Flyover Country. Great cue here for personal interactions as well. Never let a family mbr. or co-worker walk on these missteps. I love driving them NUTZ by ref. to SF as 'Frisco'. I remind them if it was apt enough a description from no less than Eric Clapton ( it's good enough for them! )

4. Marshall_Will on May 29th, 2013 12:06 am

At the rate they're re-writing history, Hurricane Sandy will have to be re-dubbed something more Waspy/Republican.

Just curious, but doesn't the misuse and ABUSE of the IRS essentially negate O'Drama's re-election? Undercutting your opponent at the KNEES and hindering their fund raising efforts is like giving food poisoning to an entire NFL team ( Doug has an airtight alibi ) and then saying; "We WON!"

Excellent American Thinker link to His ambitions to become U.N Sec. Gen. it explains everything. We can STOP this guys!

5. Doug on May 29th, 2013 12:17 am

I think the TOTUS default programming for the name of towns in states that are resoundingly red is "Bitter Clingerland," so at least Obama didn't go with that.

6. backwoodsconsr on May 29th, 2013 12:21 am

There are a lot of things I might call San Francisco, and none of them are complimentary.

My favorite of Clapton's works, by far:

7. backwoodsconsr on May 29th, 2013 12:29 am

I doubt that on his own Obama can tell a bitter clinger from Corporal Klinger.

8. SignPainterGuy on May 29th, 2013 1:24 am

Why yes, as a matter of fact, I believe it does negate the election, but you have to have an opposition that doesn`t start out strong and then run for the Compromise Hills !

Barry as SecGen would be comedy gold, but a disaster of global proportions !

9. best pmp boot camp on May 29th, 2013 2:23 am

He proves his concern for the victims because it is his duty as a leader.

10. Truesoldier__ on May 29th, 2013 10:49 am

I saw dear leader is heading to Monroe to check out the damage….anyone happen to know if there are any golf courses nearby and if so were they damaged? That is the only reason I could see dear leader heading to Red Country.

11. Truesoldier__ on May 29th, 2013 10:51 am

Of course he would have to prove he is a leader first…..which I am sure is on his to do list…/sarc

12. Truesoldier__ on May 29th, 2013 10:53 am

Or a House Speaker that is even willing to defend the Constitution.

13. Truesoldier__ on May 29th, 2013 10:54 am

I'm not so sure….I'll bet dear leader and Reggie Love could tell you about nearly every outfit Cpl Klinger wore.

14. SignPainterGuy on May 29th, 2013 11:17 am

Since "Monroe" is a fantasy, there could be world class GCs and even Man Country Spas galore !

15. SignPainterGuy on May 29th, 2013 12:02 pm

And there we are ! Weepy makes me weep for our country !

16. Granny55 on May 29th, 2013 12:12 pm

Is Oklahoma one of the 57 states he has visited before?

17. SignPainterGuy on May 29th, 2013 12:37 pm

Well let`s think about that !

He had been to 57 states, they wouldn`t let him go to Alaska and Hawaii, he had 1 left to go. We know he HAS been to Hawaii since then, it cost us $4 Million for just one of his trips there. He`s apparently not big on cold country, so Alaska is likely still on the "No Go" list.

OK would have been, as a Red fly-over state, the last place he wanted to be; what`s there but prairies, right ?

I`m going with; his disaster photo-op visit was his first to the state, even if he didn`t know which city he was in !

18. SignPainterGuy on May 29th, 2013 12:39 pm

He`s focussing like a laser on just that !

19. Truesoldier__ on May 30th, 2013 11:42 am

Gee now I am mixing them up. Guess that's what I get for trying to post with only a few minutes till I leave for work.

Then again. I could see dear leader expensing the trip and then funneling the money to his campaign arm.

20. Truesoldier__ on May 30th, 2013 11:44 am

I'm surprised they didn't just photo shop the photo-op and funnel the money to his campaign arm.

21. SignPainterGuy on May 30th, 2013 11:52 am

Nice guitar and great pix !

22. SignPainterGuy on May 30th, 2013 12:01 pm

The OK Gov`nr was there to meet him and I doubt she`d have gone along with the ruse ! He can still funnel money to his campaign.

Speaking of which, he`s been in campaign mode since `05 or earlier; his campaign is always receiving funneled cash. You`d think it would be flush with cash by now !

23. backwoodsconsr on May 30th, 2013 12:30 pm

That's the problem. He keeps flushing it.

24. SignPainterGuy on May 30th, 2013 1:01 pm

Perot`s "giant sucking sound" was from more sources than he realized !

25. Blogger?annonymus on August 7th, 2014 5:48 am

Tragedies like these, created by nature, can't be prevented, but it's important to deal with them with lucidity and do as much as human possible for the victims. Obama handled the situation very well and that's something to appreciate! Although help came from many places, construction companies, farming industry etc who helped with quality products, like what you can find on http://www.usweldingsupply.com/wholesale.htm the compassionate attitude the president had was an invaluable help for these people.

26. Blogger?annonymus on August 10th, 2014 6:10 am

The victims of such natural disasters really need all the help they can get! It's hard enough to lose your crop or your car, but to love your house and everything you own is a true tragedy! Everyone should try and help them… donations, volunteering to help rebuild, etc. And they will surely need the rest of the house supplies like light-bulbs, bathroom accessories, even wire splitters, like the ones you can find on http://www.lighthousesupply.com/light-bulbs/ and all the other things we all have but don't realize how important are for everyday life.