bushmissme

This was inevitable, I suppose:

Gallup pollsters announced Tuesday that the last Bush in office is more popular than our sitting president. Forty-nine percent of Americans now see Bush in favorable terms, compared to 47 percent for President Barack Obama.

Bush’s 49/45 approval-to-disapproval rating split in the new poll also is the first time since 2005 – not-so-coincidentally the same year as Hurricane Katrina – that more Americans say they approve of his presidency than don’t. It’s also a major uptick from his favorability rating low of 35 percent in March 2009. (His high: 87% two months after the 9/11 attacks in 2001).

Bush is even gaining ground among Democrats, who give him a 24 percent approval rating, up 10 percent from his last day in office. Independents have also given Bush a double-digit approval bump since 2009.

That gap is probably bound to widen. Wait’ll Obamacare kicks in full-bore.

Comments

23 Responses to “Heh: Bush Favorability Rating Now Higher Than Obama’s”

1. SignPainterGuy on June 12th, 2013 5:51 pm

Now that is schadenfreudelicious ! And YES, I do miss him already !

Just think, if Barry had just tried to fulfill his many promises and succeeded in just a few, his ratings would be thru the roof !

2. backwoodsconsr on June 12th, 2013 7:20 pm

Obama knows as much about how to fulfill his campaign promises as FDR did about ending a Great Depression.

3. joyannaadams on June 12th, 2013 7:49 pm

Joe Biden just announced that Al Gore won. Does this mean that Joe is reading the polls?

4. Granny55 on June 12th, 2013 8:04 pm

While I did not agree with Bush on everything I did respect him as a leader, a father, a husband and a person. What we have now is closer to a frat boy leading the fraternity in raucous behavior. Everyday brings new and disrespectful behavior to the presidency. Hey NSA – I think Oblamer is a pompous A$$!!!

O/T – back from my mom's funeral – all went well in spite of the demoncraps that showed up for her funeral. Just kept my distance and enjoyed the company of my family members who do not drink the koolade, many of them under the age of 30 who are quite conservative – that was a good uptake for me.

5. Granny55 on June 12th, 2013 8:05 pm

No that means Joe is off his meds again.

6. Granny55 on June 12th, 2013 8:09 pm

With Obamacare – he did prevail but it seems to be falling apart at the seams somewhat. The IRS scandal is just going to escalate just how bad this law is and while 2014 is fast approaching they won't make deadlines. Now you have lots of doctors refusing new Medicare patients and the dominos start to fall. His second term is just falling apart because the Chicago way of doing things in DC isn't working out so well for him. And a very few good journalists are doing their job and a few very brave government workers are coming forward with the lewd details of the corruption. The drip is dripping faster and faster. I am rather enjoying it.

7. SignPainterGuy on June 12th, 2013 8:19 pm

If Joe IS reading the polls, he`s dumb enough to believe them or give them credence !

8. backwoodsconsr on June 12th, 2013 8:23 pm

Or he's doing the kind of meds that causes hallucinations.

9. SignPainterGuy on June 12th, 2013 8:24 pm

See ? Things are rarely as bad as we fear ! Prayers worked too ! ;-)

10. SignPainterGuy on June 12th, 2013 8:32 pm

Barry was successful in getting his policies passed, even setting records for legislative passage, but my point was, he promised things would be better for the average folk, that costs would go down, that policies should be more fair. He even sounded downright right of center in many of his speeches.

He never intended to keep any of those promises !

We can only hope it gets bad enough that a movement forms that`s strong and brave enough to put an end to the nonsense !

11. SignPainterGuy on June 12th, 2013 8:34 pm

They both knew only to lie about intentions and do the opposite behind the curtain !

12. SignPainterGuy on June 12th, 2013 8:35 pm

That`s possible !

13. doriangrey1 on June 13th, 2013 12:11 pm

Spectacularly blatant lies and the fools who fall for them.

Here’s that lie in clear bold letters.

“They weren’t told to stand down. A `stand down’ means don’t do anything,” he said. “They were told that the mission they were asked to perform was not in Benghazi, but was at Tripoli airport.”

Oh, no Dempsey you lying asshole, that’s not a stand down order, like hell it’s not. When their is an assault on Embassy property in progress, and you order your men to position 600 miles away and your orders are do not leave this position, that you lying sack of shit is a stand down order.

You can claim that you redirected your teams orders all you want, but only a complete imbecile will fail to grasp that ordering your men to take a position and hold it where it is physically impossible for them to engage hostile forces constitutes anything other than ordering them to stand down.

14. jeffythequick on June 13th, 2013 3:33 pm

Ranger Rick: They're attacking the barracks! There are unarmed soldiers in there!
    Officer 0: Quick! Secure the golf course!
    (…later, in front of a Congressional Committee…)
    Graham: Officer 0, did you tell the late Ranger Rick to stand down?
    Officer 0: No, sir. I didn't.
    Graham: Don't call me sir. I didn't work hard to be a Progressive Senator for you to call me, "sir". But you can call me later tonight, ok?

15. SignPainterGuy on June 13th, 2013 6:16 pm

No, Officer O did not order Ranger Rick to "stand down"; he ordered him to go to a place that effectively prevented RR from rendering any aid to the men who were in real danger.

Obviously, Officer O has an ulterior motive in the works.

16. doriangrey1 on June 13th, 2013 8:56 pm

Might as well play the whole "Code Red" scene from "A few good men"… Cause you just know Gen Dempsey is going to end up ranting like Col Jessup…

Jessep: You want answers?
    Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
    Jessep: You want answers?
    Kaffee: I want the truth!
    Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives…You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
    We use words like honor, code, loyalty…we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
    Kaffee: Did you order the code red?
    Jessep: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.
    Kaffee: Did you order the code red?
    Jessep: You're goddamn right I did!!

17. backwoodsconsr on June 13th, 2013 9:56 pm

I would accuse Officer O of having posterior motives, since he so often makes an ass of himself.

18. SignPainterGuy on June 13th, 2013 10:26 pm

I was thinking this was more like what Graham had in mind; http://cheezburger.com/7561560832

19. backwoodsconsr on June 13th, 2013 11:55 pm

Of course, posterior motives can also refer to his fondness for leading from behind.

20. SignPainterGuy on June 14th, 2013 1:12 am

And the wife has too much to say about things that aren`t her biz:

21. james228 on June 16th, 2013 10:04 am

lol…

22. james228 on June 16th, 2013 10:05 am

well… the day has come for the inevitable. i sure do hope that things done are still irreversible. tsk…

23. Marcela on June 19th, 2013 9:42 am

Le racisme denonce par le president Morsay le truand