Full time hiring is dying thanks to Obamacare and other factors, and the jobs “created” the administration keeps touting are mostly part-time jobs that people have two and three of each these days because of the economy. And now Barbara Boxer wants to kill those jobs off:

Senator Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) said Monday night she wants the minimum wage increased to $10, a nearly $3 boost from its current level of $7.25.

“I think about $10. I think that would be right,” Boxer said in an appearance on MSNBC’s “The Ed Show.”

Boxer said that a boost to the minimum wage would “make a huge difference.”

“People are struggling,” she said. “The difference between the very wealthy and the working poor has grown.”

Why not just make the minimum wage $100 an hour and really close the gap between rich and poor?

What an idiot.

Comments

18 Responses to “Barbara Boxer: Let’s Crush Even More Entry Level Jobs”

1. backwoodsconservative on August 27th, 2013 7:42 pm

Since she is so concerned about inequality of wages, I'm sure I can count on her to send me a check for the difference between her salary and mine.

Oh, that's right, she's a liberal. She only does stuff like that with other people's money.

2. ChapBix on August 28th, 2013 12:58 am

This is nothing more than a sop to the unions whose wages automatically go up with any increase in the minimum wage.

3. ChapBix on August 28th, 2013 1:02 am

"People are struggling"
    Squeezed between a shrinking jobs base and Obamacare, people will struggle even more. And you, Babs Boxer, will be responsible.

4. doriangrey1 on August 28th, 2013 11:21 am
  5. doriangrey1 on August 28th, 2013 12:19 pm

California's politicians are not just an embarrassment to California, or even the the United States, but to the entire human race. If it isn't Nancy "The wicked witch of the West" Pelosi injecting botox into her brain, it's Dianne Feinstien illegally funneling hundreds of billions of federal dollars to her husbands company. Barbra "Call me Senator, I earned it" Boxer is just another California politician who belong in a federal super max prison.

Warning: New article over at my place… Definitely not safe for anyone to read…

What would George Orwell (Or Stalin or Goebbels) have made of this…

6. Dexter_Alarius on August 29th, 2013 12:41 pm

Given where she pulled that number out of, I'm surprised it isn't a LOT bigger.

7. rosa on August 30th, 2013 11:01 am

They're not called 'bleeding hearts' for nothing. And oh the hypocrisy! Does the average Joe-Moron who puts this clown in office time and time again understand that she and her ilk are all fabulously rich and in that horribly oppressive minority known in marxocrat circles as One Percenters?

8. timothy bradley on October 12th, 2013 5:59 pm

The lack of understanding fro the leaders is kind of unbelievable. I don't really understand the crisis when we print our own money in the western world. From my understanding its our military might we are trading on these days?

9. opaler on January 3rd, 2014 5:17 pm

Sigh,our politicians just never stop. Raising (read Gov forced) minimum wages has been proven time and time again to cause employers to lay off workers to compensate for the wage increase, I read about this on http://www.globalcheckrecovery.com/resources/. Just like Obamacare is causing fulltime worker losses.

10. JOBS IN SINGAPORE on February 5th, 2014 4:22 am

Anyways, I'm certainly happy I stumbled upon it and I'll be bookmarking it and checking back frequently.. thanks.

11. ralet on February 17th, 2014 4:47 am

I need to find an entry level job in the Seattle area. My resume looks like sludge, I realized it after reading http://www.absolutewealth.com/ and I need at least half my rent at the end of this month. I'm a smart friendly drug free person who's punctual and hates to leave work unfinished.

12. Jorja on March 3rd, 2014 8:56 am

Monday night she wants the minimum wage increased to $10, a nearly $3 boost from its current level of $7.25 best biomedical engineering schools

13. jasmini on March 6th, 2014 2:34 pm

A government of the many, not a government of money.The “Government by the People Act”, proposed by N. Pelosi and J. Sarbanes doesn’t limit the amount of money that corporations can pay but rather takes a page from their opponent's notebook, by encouraging and subsidizing citizen participation.

14. Ross Johnson on March 23rd, 2014 6:41 pm

I agree that the struggle between the rich and poor is definitely increasing! It's great that the government is <p style="text-align: justify;">watching this and actually doing something about it. A 3 dollar increase would help people for sure.

15. Sheryl on March 23rd, 2014 6:43 pm

Great article! Keep up the great work!

16. Blogger?annonymus on August 9th, 2014 11:25 am

This sounds like a great initiative! It could help a lot of people increase their quality of life! In fact, some other news say that some companies already increased the salary of it's employees as a direct result of the high income. Some of the internet statistics say that, for instance, people started looking for a water well installation company on the internet, this a result of the fact that most of the ones with low incomes moved out of the city and started a small farm. This has left town in much need of workers and maybe this would be a good measure to bring them back.

17. uk science jobs on May 9th, 2015 8:30 am

CK Science is one of the UK’s leading scientific, chemical, waste, biotechnology and pharmaceutical recruitment companies.

18. Allen on April 12th, 2016 4:03 am