A while ago I was on the Merrill Lynch website to transfer some accounts after talking to my financial guy on the phone, and before I could shift anything around they wanted to make sure of something:

merrilllynch

If you click “yes” I wonder if it then asks, “Is it Nancy Pelosi?”

Comments

20 Responses to “I Think My Financial Advising Firm Wanted to Make Sure I Wasn’t Related to Nancy Pelosi”

1. backwoodsconservative on September 24th, 2013 2:52 pm

That makes me wonder if they were trying to avoid an ethics violation or get involved in one.

2. patti on September 24th, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi backwoods, after watching barry's speech this morning, it occurred to me that maybe SPG could give up signs and find lots of work in the bunker business ?

Please give him my regards when you speak to him.

3. backwoodsconservative on September 24th, 2013 4:03 pm

Will do.

4. Truesoldier__ on September 24th, 2013 4:55 pm

I was wondering something along that line. Perhaps if Doug had pressed "yes" he would have gotten a sweetheart of a deal.

5. Granny55 on September 24th, 2013 5:55 pm

Ted Cruz has started to fillibuster on the Senate floor!!! Go Ted Go!

And here is what my congressman had to say in an interview today about Obamacare.

“I think the extreme position is ‘I know you’re losing your healthcare. I know it’s costing you more money. I know you’re not going to get as much access to your doctor, but it’s got my name on it and by God you’re going to suffer through it and that to me is a huge problem here.” Mike Rogers (R) Michigan

6. Truesoldier__ on September 24th, 2013 6:33 pm

Well technically not a fillibuster as he is not stopping any legislation from being voted on. It is more of a floor speech, and one hellavu one at that. My guess is that what Cruz is doing is drawing more attention to the problems with Obamacare and the problems with McConnell and Cornyn going behind his back to try to whip up the votes to overcome the actual fillibuster when the time comes:

7. Granny55 on September 24th, 2013 8:29 pm

Those two POS's need to retire to the RINO barn!

8. Granny55 on September 24th, 2013 9:00 pm

People can't get thru to DC switchboards and voice mails are full so they are taking to social media. McConnell and Cornyn as well as Juan McLame are taking a brutal beating. People are p!ssed – big time.

9. Truesoldier__ on September 24th, 2013 10:33 pm

You know that is the case when the Dems in Kentucky are trying to sabotage their own candidate running against McConnell because they need the cover of a RINO more than they need a solid dem vote.

10. Truesoldier__ on September 24th, 2013 10:34 pm

and not just the Conservatives. More and more dems are waking up to the nightmare known as Obamacare.

11. Marshall_Will on September 24th, 2013 10:50 pm

Incredibly, yes. Over the last several mos. as Mrs. W's med-tech employer headcount has continued to dwindle, I've had to explain that this isn't what they THOUGHT it was!?

This isn't a matter of; "Well, that's just BUSINESS" when it comes to raking these companies over the coals. And if they don't get THAT; "How will you feel when you go to your MD's office and all he has is a stethescope and tongue depressor?"

Lights come on.

12. Marshall_Will on September 24th, 2013 10:56 pm

OT but too much Comedy Gold not to share:

If you get a chance, take a look at Sylvia Mathews Burwell's letter on the FY15 Budget! A sure knee slapper. ( She's the Director for the OMB ) Reads more like an O'Drama stump speech than anything of substance.

Counted 4 "investments" and that was only in the first para! And wth is "social rates of return". A few years ago we'd have needed a translator. Thanks to Doug and Michelle no code breaking is needed.

I'll see can a link a copy but globull warming is a given in her mind as is the perception that gov MUST step in ( and make investments natch ) "where the private sector sees no profitability" (para ) Well, they DID see 'profitability' in "advances in medicine" until your handlers decided to take over the HC sector?

13. Marshall_Will on September 24th, 2013 11:11 pm

Granny,

Noticed your 'suspended' Twitter account post from a few days ago. Is what's neede here is some sort of central repository where all the "glitches" can be viewed at (1) website?

Right now WH/cozy tech firms are enjoying the upper hand but when people can't comment on Facebook, can't log on to conservative blogs or get their Twitter account shutdown, we need to document that.

It's easy for perfectly valid posts and observations to get lost in the maddening shuffle. I'm up for it and will throw a few $'s at it. We can't go into 2014 like this. IMHO

14. Truesoldier__ on September 25th, 2013 10:42 am

No surprise. It sounds like something right out of a Soviet styled rah-rah speech.

15. doriangrey1 on September 25th, 2013 12:21 pm

Merrill Lynch must figure that a genuine world class ass whipping is coming to someone…

Charlie Rangel and the Brood of Vipers.

16. Truesoldier__ on September 25th, 2013 1:14 pm

O/T….I just saw over on Drudge that Lois Lerner (and her lawyers) are in the process of negotiating an immunity for her in exchange for her testimony to the House oversight committee. The committee has ruled that she waived her 5th amendment rights and plans to call her back before the committee (the subpoena is still active). The Oversight committee has not offered her immunity, but has said that they will entertain and offer for immunity based on what she plans to testify to.

If I were Lerner I would seriously think about getting some serious personnel security as it appears that about the only way she will get immunity (which is what she is wanting) would be to be testifying that Dear Leader directed the IRS to do this.

17. binnywaugh on October 9th, 2013 10:09 am

You'll find all kinds of folks who would like to provide you with economic assistance. Your representatives via investment decision businesses, folks on the television set, as well as well-meaning family members. http://www.thenehruplace.com/

18. 401k rollover on November 23rd, 2013 2:16 am

Maximize your 401(k) match. Every year more employers bring back the 401(k) match. Often it's a 100 percent match on the first 3 percent of your salary you contribute to the plan. If your company has a match and you're not contributing, drop your paper or iPad right now and sign up for the plan today. Until you do so, you're giving up thousands in free money.

19. wake up now mlm on December 19th, 2013 2:38 am

Very fine post and good advise.Wake Up now's associate exploding MLM company that is spreading like inferno with high in demand product and on the foremost effective compensation originated among the business hands.Excellent & tight post. I discovered this many informative, on what i accustomed be specifically seeking for. Thanks for such post and hold it up.

20. California Lawyers on April 14th, 2014 5:53 am

Ones Florida company attorney at law will certainly moreover allow you to do something positive about personal banking institutions, people, in addition to organization money organizations.