A voluntary thinning of the future gene pool of potential Gorebots is just alright with me.

From the UK Daily Mail via Weasel Zippers:

A meteorologist who has covered weather for the Wall Street Journal tweeted that he has decided not to have children in order to leave a lighter carbon footprint, and is considering having a vasectomy.

He also vowed to stop flying after the world’s recent climate-change report made him cry.

Eric Holthaus was reacting to the findings from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change which released a report on Friday that found it was ‘extremely likely’ that humans are causing warming trends seen in the last several decades.

On Friday afternoon the weatherman tweeted: ‘No children, happy to go extinct, which in and of itself, carries a certain sadness. #IPCC’

His next tweet said: ‘Its a very emotional decision. Mixed feelings. adios babies?’

If he wept because of a climate change report the chances are his testosterone level is too low to father children anyway.

Here’s a dramatization of the man’s reaction after reading the IPCC report:

Comments

13 Responses to “After a Good Cry Over the Latest IPCC Report, Global Warming Alarmist Pledges to Quit Flying and Never Have Kids”

1. Care on September 28th, 2013 3:46 pm

Ah heck, Mr. Meteorologist, go buy a field. In the midst of chaos and tumult, Jeremiah did.
    (Jeremiah 32, 33)
    Eric, the weatherman, is the poster-boy for Life Sans God. Hopeless. Fruitless. Barren. Cutting off his own 'nose' to spite his face. Pathetic.

2. Truesoldier__ on September 28th, 2013 4:29 pm

Oh please, oh please tell me this is going to be the beginning of a new trend with the Globull Warming crowd.

3. ChapBix on September 29th, 2013 1:02 am

Snip! Snip! No tears from here for that pathetic cry baby. If only that he would take AlBorePig with him.

4. Truesoldier__ on September 29th, 2013 1:19 pm

Speaking of idiots opening their mouths….Here is the latest from the House leadership:

"House GOP Whip Kevin McCarthy said the House will send a third government funding the bill with “a few other options” if the Democratically-controlled Senate rejects the bill passed in the House last night as expected.

“We will pass a bill…that will keep the government open, that will reflect the House, that I believe the Senate can accept, that will have fundamental changes to Obamacare that can protect the economy for America,” McCarthy said on Fox News Sunday."

These idiots are once again telegraphing to Reid that all he has to do is keep voting down what he doesn't like until he gets what he wants. The next step we voters need to take is to push for a new speaker of the House and any R- Congressmember that votes Boehner needs to be challenged in a primary next year.

5. jeffythequick on September 30th, 2013 10:26 am

What is negotiating with Tear or rists>

Friend of Hostage (FOH): Let my friend go, or I will shoot you.
    Tear or wrist (T): No. If I let go of this thing I have in my hand, we all go down. Your choice. Give me $2 Trillion dollars, or your friend gets it.
    FOH: No.
    T: OK, I will give you until midnight EDT to get me the $2T
    FOH: How about $25B?
    T: No. $2T
    FOH: How about $500T?
    T: No. $2T
    FoH: $1T?
    T: No.$2T.
    FoH: OK, but you have to say bad things about me to all your friends. Make me look weak.
    T: OK, already done.

How it should go:
    FoH: Let my friend go, and there will be no harm to you.
    T: I want $2T, and your friend's home address, so I can take him hostage again.
    FoH: How about this? I have a device that has 30lbs of bacon grease embedded in it, and if anything happens to me, it will go all over you, and embed itself into you.
    T: I want $2T.
    FoH: Plus, we will put your family in Gitmo, feeding the pigs and putting them on an all pork diet. Your kids love sausage, right? Plus, your diabetic son, we still have pork insulin.
    T: ummm
    FoH: Plus, we will wipe the mosque from the temple mount, and the next target is the dome of the rock, and we will make it like your group did all the damage. Then, we will parachute you into downtown Tehran, after we surgically remove your voice box and hands, so you cannot say or tell anyone anything. How does that sound?
    T: Putting down the trigger device now.

6. rosa on September 30th, 2013 12:43 pm

I'd definitely make this buffoon an honorary darwin award recipient.

7. annievega on December 9th, 2013 9:52 am

Oh please, will you all stop doing that? Stop insulting him just because he decided to quit flying and not have kids as he was informed it adds up as global warming factors. Well, at least he’s concerned with the future of your kids. Whatever he wants to do with his life is his choice, not mine, not yours, not everybody’s. http://aabenheds-ordning.dk/

8. msanniev25 on December 9th, 2013 10:02 am

Oh please, will you all stop doing that? Stop insulting him just because he decided to quit flying and not have kids as he was informed it adds up as global warming factors. Well, at least he’s concerned with the future of your kids. Whatever he wants to do with his life is his choice, not mine, not yours, not everybody’s. aabenheds-ordning.dk

9. how to lose weight on December 18th, 2013 12:14 pm

10. Serra John on March 23rd, 2014 4:00 am

Confirming a diagnosis of hypogonadism generally involves three components. First, there should be symptoms of androgen deficiency; second, there should be unequivocal bio­chemical evidence of low testosterone levels; and third, there should be a positive response to testosterone replacement therapy. If all three of these diagnostic components are not present, the practitioner should question the diagnosis and consider discontinuing testosterone therapy. testosterone replacement

11. oliviahamer on March 23rd, 2014 4:00 am

Thanks

12. wr?te my essay on November 22nd, 2015 5:07 pm

Teachers should guide students how they can make their life successful. They should encourage them for getting quality education and polish their skills for serving to the society. They should develop their interest in professional development as well.

13. iOS 10 on October 10th, 2016 4:30 pm

Now, iOS 10 takes all those things and pushes them forward. The design is getting cleaner and more consistent. The architecture is becoming more open and convenient. The wiring, much smarter and even more secure. It's taken time — and pain — getting the physics, extensibility, and intelligence to this point. Now Apple gets to — and has to — pay it all off. to get more information go to cydianerd.