vetsday

A big Veterans Day “thank you” to those who serve or have served in the United States military and fought for the freedoms we enjoy (even if that includes the freedom to be unappreciative jackwads). We appreciate all you do and have done to protect this great nation.

If you missed my post about Doolittle’s Raiders final toast, you can read it here.

Happy Veterans Day!

Comments

7 Responses to “Veterans Day salute”

1. backwoodsconservative on November 11th, 2013 2:24 pm

Happy Veterans Day indeed. I can never thank the guardians of our freedom enough.

2. Granny55 on November 11th, 2013 9:43 pm

With gratitude, love and respect for our veterans.

3. Mike S. on November 12th, 2013 3:44 am

To my fellow veterans, whether they be squids (like me), jarheads, groundpounders, flyboys, or even puddle pirates, I say: Happy Veteran's Day, and may you be well. And a "thank you" to you, Doug, for the recognition.

4. Truesoldier__ on November 12th, 2013 11:44 am

O/T…O'Keefe is back with a new video targeting Navigators and the groups they are associated with.

5. Truesoldier__ on November 12th, 2013 11:46 am

Thanks Mike and I would love to echo that sentiment. I always like to think of what Reagan said regarding freedom, "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

You cannot sum up the reason vets chose to serve any better than that.

6. doriangrey1 on November 12th, 2013 3:42 pm

God Bless our Veterans…

The five stages of grief…

7. rosa on November 12th, 2013 4:24 pm

Freedom isn't free.
    Thank you, veterans, for paying the bill.
    God bless you and yours.