There’s a schadenfreude-tastic article in the New York Observer written by somebody who was a big Obama supporter who is now “seething at a president I helped elect.”.

This person lost his health plan after Obama kicked in and he was stupid enough not to see through the sham like the rest of us tried to warn him for years. Here’s the best “advice” he could get:

I went to a friend and colleague–let’s call him Peter–for advice. He also had his individual medical policy cancelled because of Obamacare. “I’m stuck on the same question–income,” he told me. Peter does a little writing, a little farming, a little this and that to keep the ship afloat. “I got through to the exchange, and the woman there told me to just estimate what my income would be this year.” In other words: Make it up. If he overestimated, he’d be screwing himself out of a subsidy, Peter said. If he underestimated, he’d be hit with a big fat bill. He wasn’t sure he wouldn’t also be accused of fraud. So he called his accountant, who’s also a lawyer.

That only got him so far. At a certain point in the conversation, the accountant/lawyer had to get off the phone. “I have to stop answering your questions,” he told Peter. “I can’t ethically advise you, because honestly I don’t know the right thing to do. Nobody does. There are no answers. Right now it’s a complete clusterfuck.”

And that’s so true. There’s no “ethical” advice in the world that can get people untangled from a law that is unethical to put it mildly. The only solution is to burn the whole thing to the ground. But unless people like this guy now get very vocal in supporting full repeal of this giant disaster of a law, I don’t feel sorry for them in the least.

Comments

13 Responses to “‘It’s a complete clusterf**k’: Another Obamacare supporter caught in a trap he helped set”

1. ChapBix on November 26th, 2013 1:54 am

When offered an out, they mock people who oppose Obamacare. Somehow, they think they can "fix" what is not repairable.

2. Truesoldier__ on November 26th, 2013 2:11 am

To be able to fix the problem they first have to be willing to admit that there IS a problem…..never happen with the crew in the WH.

3. Marshall_Will on November 26th, 2013 3:20 am

The precise predicament financial planners/tax advisors were put in by this admin. over the [11th] hour extension of the Bush Tax Cuts.

Clients were patient in the early going, "I know you'll get to the bottom of things Marshall.., you always do". But there just wasn't any ethical ( nor ANY ) 'guidance' coming thru. Period.

Like a lot of things w/ these clowns, it was totally unprecedented! The IRS didn't even HAVE the correct forms for 2010 Filing. They… simply went by the letter of teh One's word and printed them ( by the metric TON ) exactly as he mandated. For the first time in my professional career, I felt totally helpless.

I guess that what their objective. It set off a cascade of events within the biz community that fostered mistrust. I'm sure another totally unintended by product.

4. Truesoldier__ on November 26th, 2013 11:04 pm

And if we thought the Iranian nuke deal that the WH released was bad just get a load of this:

“What has been released by the website of the White House as a fact sheet is a one-sided interpretation of the agreed text in Geneva and some of the explanations and words in the sheet contradict the text of the Joint Plan of Action, and this fact sheet has unfortunately been translated and released in the name of the Geneva agreement by certain media, which is not true,” Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Marziyeh Afkham told the Iranian press on Tuesday.

Afkham and officials said that the White House has “modified” key details of the deal and released their own version of the agreement in the fact sheet.

Iran’s right to enrich uranium, the key component in a nuclear weapon, is fully recognized under the draft released by Tehran."

5. backwoodsconservative on November 27th, 2013 12:59 am

Another reminder of Jimmy Carter. The only time I ever passed through Plains, GA, was about 5 years ago. Jimmy wasn't there at the time. He was in the Middle East making a fool of himself. Some group of terrorists he was trying to charm into behaving themselves told him what he wanted to hear so he would go away and leave them alone, then promptly reneged on every promise they made to him.

6. Granny55 on November 27th, 2013 9:51 pm

Have this Obamama-ite explain to me one thing? I am 58 yrs old, had my tubes tied when I was 26 after birthing my children – why do I need maternity care and coverage for birth control in my healthcare plan? I have worked my entire life – since age 13 and you want me to pay for this care so irresponsible people without a job can go out and have unprotected sex with free birth control, birth children they cannot afford or use abortion as a form of birth control and MANDATE that I pay for it! Suck it up @sshole – PAY YOUR FAIR SHARE just like this administration is FORCING me to do. Elections have consequences! You just CAN'T fix STUPID!!!

7. Marshall_Will on November 28th, 2013 1:51 am

Oh.., there's a minor little detail that got *trampled* in the stampede to get ACA ram-rodded thru pronto..! Now that you mention it, I made that trip to the urologist at 29. I'll be 55 in spring.

On the drive home "Cover Oregon" has the most inane radio spot I believe I've ever HEARD? Some bad Bob Dylan imposter ( what drunk at a party hasn't given BD at least a shot? ) and the words "fair" crop up in every verse.

Some BS about how "We look out for each other", "It's just the right thing to do!" blah blah. Too nauseating to bother posting an audio clip. They're attacking it from every angle, now there's a responsible, adult approach, then there's keg stands and…All w/ our money natch.

8. Truesoldier__ on November 28th, 2013 2:20 pm

And now the MSM is trying to provide more cover by trotting out "success" stories:

9. Pasadena Phil on November 28th, 2013 4:22 pm

What specifically are you calling for us to do Doug? Yesterday, Weepy Boehner again flipped after he last flopped in calling for a one-year delay.

In the meantime, doctors are quitting by the thousands, HMOs and other healthcare providers are cutting staff, health insurance companies are taking big losses as they lose policyholders, and so on.

Why isn't the GOP exploiting this mess at a time when more and more Dems would vote for a repeal and defund? Why? Because the fix is in. The "right" people have been paid off.

I expect that as things continue to worsen, the Republicans will flog the Dems during the election season with this and when the elections are behind us, there will be a half-hearted attempt to pass a massive bailout bill for the insurance companies which will finally take us to single payer by 2015. It's probably too late already. The old healthcare system is already gone.

As with everything else these days of universal entitlement fever across the political spectrum, we kept delaying today's "small" pain into the future hoping to escape any pain at all. Now we have run out of time and the "big" pain is here and we can't escape. We are now going to grow up the hard way. Heckuva job!

10. doriangrey1 on November 28th, 2013 5:24 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone…

Doriangrey1 rule of etiquette for today…

11. Turkey Day plus one round up | The Daley Gator on November 29th, 2013 9:09 pm

[...] Doug Powers [...]

12. rosa on December 2nd, 2013 10:10 am

Well it's not an MCF for liars such as you'll find in abundance (if not in toto) in the marxocrat party, and not a few in the former-republic republican party as well. It's their native tongue.

13. Online Fashion on March 11th, 2014 9:01 am