“Hey America, remember when I promised you could keep your plan and the law would make health care more affordable and accessible?”

But repeal it? No way.

The headline at Ace of Spades is a more succinct summary of this:

In a speech to mark the beginning of the effort, Obama took aim at Republican lawmakers who have repeatedly called for repeal of the law and have attempted to use the troubled implementation to take shots at several vulnerable Democratic lawmakers up for re-election in 2014 who supported the Affordable Care Act.

“We’re not repealing it as long as I’m president,” said Obama, who was flanked by Americans who have benefited from aspects of the law. He said, “If I have to fight another three years to make sure that this law works, then that’s what I’ll do.”

He admitted that it’s not working (and things will probably only get way worse) but dammit, you’re stuck with it, America! Who cares if tens of millions will lose their insurance in spite of promises they could keep them. Since Obama won’t back the repeal of his signature disaster, I suppose convincing him to resign would be futile. The thought of “President Joe Biden” gives me pause in calling for that publicly though.

Comments

7 Responses to “Obama: No way in hell that law I lied about will be repealed while I’m president”

1. doriangrey1 on December 4th, 2013 3:40 pm

The promise of a dic-taster? err dictator? or empty rhetoric from a be-clowned loser?

Supersonic shock-waves of the 10 Gigaton Obamacare explosion.

2. Truesoldier__ on December 4th, 2013 4:22 pm

I am glad to see him dig in, it will only help in the 2014 mid terms and in 2016. Dear Leader is doing more for a GOP victory than all the GOP leadership combined!

3. Truesoldier__ on December 4th, 2013 4:29 pm

"The thought of “President Joe Biden” gives me pause in calling for that publicly though."

It would at least be more entertaining than Dear Leader, not to mention give the late night comedians loads of material.

4. Doug on December 4th, 2013 6:56 pm

Oh, from a perspective of material, Plugs would be a gold mine in the Oval Office. Actually he's probably no worse than who we have there now, so I'll stand corrected.

5. ChapBix on December 4th, 2013 10:56 pm

I would go for a two-fer except that is probably far more than I could ever hope for.

6. Truesoldier__ on December 4th, 2013 11:13 pm

And now Reid is making a prediction (or sending a message take your pick):

7. ChapBix on December 6th, 2013 1:53 am

They can take Reid out while they are at it. The nervous Nellie Senate Democrats may be few in number now, but with increased lawlessness by Obama, I look for more Democrats to become nervous with the obstructionist Reid and replace him.