God bless the veterans of the Pearl Harbor attack and those who were killed on that day 72 years ago today, as well as all those whose subsequent sacrifices led America to ultimate victory.

Here are some tweets I ran across this morning about the attack and the anniversary:

The declaration of war:

Japan’s Commander-in-Chief of the Combined Fleet Isoroku Yamamoto knew the attack was a mistake:

Search engine remembrances: Google vs. Bing.

Lastly, I’d be remiss if I didn’t include this that a lot of people are talking about…

SpaghettiOs remembered Pearl Harbor Day:

Dan Riehl’s been reminding anybody who’s been questioning that about Campbell’s long history of pro-American marketing themes. It it different? Sure. Offensive or dismissive in any way? I don’t think so. At least they remembered, and maybe that’ll get the attention of some kids who might otherwise not be talking about this in school.

How many companies either aren’t aware of the Pearl Harbor anniversary or won’t care enough to mention it at all?

Update: They deleted the tweet, but I didn’t think that was necessary (screen shots at the link above).

Comments

6 Responses to “Pearl Harbor — 72 years later”

1. Marshall_Will on December 7th, 2013 7:22 pm

Great, heartfelt tribute Doug.

The color footage is unlike anything I've seen before. Sadly one of Dan Riehl's followers notes these brave men are leaving us at a rate of 600 per day.

2. joyannaadams on December 8th, 2013 2:18 am

Thanks for the post< Mr. Powers…Great stuff. .

.I was out Christmas shopping today, and in a very crowded store, there was (I'm assuming) a Iraq war vet in a wheel chair. He was having trouble with his chair, and apologized to me because he thought he was in my way. I wanted to say something to him but all I could muster was, "No! You're FINE! It's the prices in here that are astounding me.) He looked so happy just to be out in the crowd, but his poor wife—the look on her face, was full of sorrow. She had two young ones to take care of, and now her husband. The American people always serve…unselfishly. I was thinking today about Pearl Harbor AND 9/11 and how we just have the bravest men in the world. I get teary eyed just thinking about it. God Bless our soldiers. Where would we be without them?

3. Granny55 on December 8th, 2013 8:32 pm

And not ONE acknowledgement for Prezzy Stompyfoot……

4. Marshall_Will on December 9th, 2013 12:22 am

Joyanna,

I know your son served as well and sometimes it just seems, the closer you are to something ( the more tongue-tied you get! ) These guys actually appreciate being re-integrated more than obligatory "thank you for your service" ready-made statements people rehearse.

We'll pray they can remain a family.

5. Marshall_Will on December 9th, 2013 12:26 am

Figures… probably got over shadowed by ______ insert progressive event here. The comedians Key & Peele do a great job exposing O'Drama in full, harsh narcissistic light.

Their "anger interpreter" skits are hysterical. Moochelle has hers never any farther than the next room.

6. hopy on April 1st, 2014 2:15 am

after 72 years many things have changed, but it still leaves everyone tong glorious moment in history. I like it here.