Have you ever wondered that because Phil Robertson thinks homosexuality is a sin, that he himself might be kinda-sorta gay for professing such a strong love for Jesus? Me neither, but we can always count on MSNBC for venturing into this kind of absurd territory.

Transcript and video of Michael Eric Dyson with Joy Reid (filling in for Ed Schultz, who fills in for Shemp) via Ed Morrissey at Hot Air. Should you require more context, you can find it at the link, but this is pretty self-explanatory:

DYSON: I mean it’s — well, first of all, it’s scurrilous, but it’s the same as using Jesus in making Jesus co-sign all of this bigotry here. Jesus was a Jew who, around whom a religion was made. So the anti-Semitism of many of the Christians is ironic to begin with.

And then secondly, the gay, lesbian, transgender, bisexual stuff – look through the Bible. There’s a lot of interesting things. The same men who will stand up in the church of all men. “I put my God, Jesus, overall women. I love him more than I love her.”

Hmmm. Do you really? That sounds interestingly homoerotic to people who are outside your religious traditions. I’m not suggesting it is but I’m suggesting that there are some very interesting, subtle, narrative tensions within the Bible itself and within Christianity beyond that.

“I’m not suggesting that — I’m just making that suggestion.”

That is far from the dumbest thing ever said on MSNBC, because after all, it’s MSNBC, but it might be one of the funniest.

Now let’s see if he has the stones to say the same thing about Muslim men’s devotion to Muhammed.

Hilarious how the Left is using the Phil Robertson thing to jump up on a Christian bandwagon to accuse the religious Right of being anti-Semitic closet gays.

Comments

8 Responses to “Tool on MSNBC: Christian men, if you love Jesus more than anything else, there might be some hypocritical homoeroticism going on there”

1. CDL on December 27th, 2013 1:59 pm

OMG. He does look like Shemp.

2. doriangrey1 on December 27th, 2013 2:14 pm

The Powers that be have declared Christian Morals to be… Unacceptable. It's not really surprising since they have done the same thing to the US Constitution.

How many Constitutional violations equal an Impeachment?

3. Marshall_Will on December 27th, 2013 3:17 pm

MM coined the term "Cruciphobia" and Dyson falls under the definition. Throw Christians under the bus [first] and fact check later. Or not.

The Left is clearly running out of any and all talking points and Jason Mattera pointed out this morning "Just what Progressive platforms can HRC 'run' on in 2016? We've SEEN what this current administration had to offer and frankly, it sucks". ( para )

They're forcing us to come up w/ new descriptive terms just to keep pace with their stupidity. Juventile. Juvenile behavior bordering on or flirting with infantile. Dyson is by default implying that any of us that happened to love our parents hypocritically harbor the same issues. Which the Left can alleviate for us by having all children state-reared.

4. ChapBix on December 27th, 2013 8:59 pm

I'm guessing that capitalizing "Powers" was perhaps not intentional as it suggests that our host has declared Christian morals to be… unacceptable. From what I have seen on here, that would not be his declaration.

5. doriangrey1 on December 28th, 2013 1:57 am

Yes, sorry, totally unintended, apologizes to Doug or anyone else that might have misunderstood and thought I was referring to "The Powers that Be" Blog or Doug Powers.

6. swede on December 28th, 2013 10:37 am

The loony left is apoplectic over the Duck debacle – Robertson being vindicated from the indictment of the PC police. Thus they're flailing at Christians with allegations that have been around since the first century. Christians were accused then of being cannibalistic homosexuals – eating and drinking some guy's body and blood (the Lord's Supper) and greeting one another in "brotherly love")

Christianity has withstood vicious assaults from kingdoms, principalities, rulers and pharaohs – I rather doubt a couple MSNBC weenies will make a dent.

7. gahe on December 30th, 2013 12:37 am

I agree with the comments on your offer, I liked your post, thank you for sharing cmar

8. rosa on January 7th, 2014 3:16 pm

Conclusion: when a man loves another man he is clearly, unequivocally suppressing homoerotic feelings. This sort of "thinking" is to be expected from people who grovel and scrape before the altar of sex. It's that base mentality that puts them on par with the animals. They fit quite nicely into Darwin's paradigm and the entire narrative of the devil's gospel.