“If you like your plan you can keep your plan” was a huge lie, but an even bigger lie was that the purpose of the “Affordable Care Act” was to simply cover those who had no health insurance.

From the Daily Caller:

Obamacare may have promised health insurance for the masses. But on its first day, it’s left more Americans without coverage than before the law was passed.

More than 4.7 million Americans had their health insurance canceled as a result of any of the thousand-plus-page law’s new rules, the Associated Press reports, but the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) confirmed Tuesday that between federal and state exchanges, just 2 million Americans have signed up for Obamacare coverage.

And when it’s pointed out how many people lost their insurance due to Obamacare regs, that’s when the Obama administration jumps in and says “then thank God Obamacare is here to give them access to insurance!”

Basically proponents of Obamacare have pushed people into shark infested waters in order to be able to pluck them out by their wallets and take credit for saving their lives.

Comments

7 Responses to “Reminder: There are still more Americans without health insurance than there were before Obamacare’s implementation”

1. ChapBix on January 2nd, 2014 8:02 pm

Unless my math skills are defective, that still leaves nearly three million without health insurance and likely even more when the ones who signed up but actually do not have insurance are factored in. Those folks are still swimming for their lives in liberal shark infested waters if not already consumed.

2. backwoodsconsr on January 2nd, 2014 8:30 pm

I'm keeping an eye on Amazon and watching how quickly the prices of incandescent light bulbs go up now that the ban is in effect. I had been buying a few along the way on my shopping trips, but I ordered some more online first thing this morning after I got paid. It'll be a while before I run out. I'll use candles before I'll allow any CFLs in my house. And that's partly because I don't like having anything shoved down my throat.

3. Truesoldier__ on January 2nd, 2014 10:28 pm

And if that is not bad enough, this is worse:

MailOnline spoke with patients who were told they would have to pay their bills in full if they couldn't prove they had insurance

One was faced with a $3,000 hospital room charge and opted to leave the hospital after experiencing chest pains

'Should I be in the hospital? Probably,' she said

Another, coughing in the cold, walked out without receiving a needed chest x-ray

Consumers face sticker-shock from medical costs under the new Obamacare system, made worse if they can't prove they're insured

As many as one-third of new enrollees' applications have seen problems when the government transmits them to insurance companies

4. Marshall_Will on January 2nd, 2014 10:39 pm

Check out Lehman's online. They're basically the outlet for all things Amish. Some really great backwoods alternatives out there. As Mrs. W and I go to flesh out the designs for our ret. house, we're def. minimizing dependence on the grid. To be truthful, it's a direction we were heading -before- numbnutz got into office.

N. Cal/S. OR has great year round climates and require heating only about (2) mos. out of the year. Think quality woodstove. Having grown up in the Philippines, she's no stranger to power outages. It's daily deal. We've geared more to a hacienda type lifestyle. Now everyone will get to experience the gypsy/flamenco lifestyle!

5. Marshall_Will on January 2nd, 2014 10:45 pm

"after experiencing chest pains"

It's only a flesh wound..! Yep, gotta' admire those 'hearty' Americans and their can-do spirit! Any hospital can only operate for so long w/ delinquent/charge-off accounts.

Because it is a SERVICE industry, they're essentially writing off *all* LABOR charges! ( Not marked-up retail PRODUCT ) Not there's any delight when accounts go 30-60-90 days overdue..? Freaking idiots.

6. Truesoldier__ on January 2nd, 2014 11:02 pm

Speaking of going 30-60-90 days overdue…it isn't just the patient bills…

According to the CEO Jason Leday, more than 150 employees haven't been paid in nearly a month.

"I understand that they have children and a house payment, bills. Not getting paid is wow," nearby resident Theresa Gutierrez said.

The hospital is strapped for cash not because its not making money, but because Leday says a new Medicare payment facilitator named Novitas Solutions is taking too way long to pay out Medicare claims to the hospital.

Leday says he's owed nearly $3 million in payments from Medicare and can't make payroll…

7. backwoodsconsr on January 3rd, 2014 2:08 pm

I checked out Lehman's website. Interesting, but I'm not likely to be going that route. A few candles kept on hand and a kerosene heater are all I need for the occasional power outages. The supply of incandescent bulbs I've ordered will probably last longer than I do. I can see somebody going through my belongings 20 years from now and marveling at my stash of antique light bulbs.