To translate the Jay Carney-speak, the answer here is “yes, taxpayers paid for her party”:

“The first lady had her 50th birthday party and I believe you said that the president picks up the cost for that party?” asked ABC’s chief White House correspondent Jonathan Karl.

“I think we put out information on that,” Carney said. “I don’t have it here. I refer you to the East Wing.” The White House’s East Wing includes the office space for the first lady and her staff.

“I was just wondering if you have an estimate on what the cost was?” Karl prodded. “I don’t, but I would refer you to the East Wing,” Carney said, putting an end to this line of questioning.

Of course taxpayers ate the cost, which is why they didn’t want any of the guests putting out pictures on social media. But I don’t know what the big deal is about not wanting to publicize who paid for a birthday party, especially after it’s well-known that taxpayers had already paid for FLOTUS’ extended stay in Hawaii as Barack’s generous “birthday present” to his wife.

Comments

8 Responses to “Jay Carney won’t say if taxpayers paid for Michelle Obama’s 50th birthday bash, meaning taxpayers paid for Michelle Obama’s 50th birthday bash”

1. Marshall_Will on January 24th, 2014 12:49 am

Define.., 'working' or uh… 'vacation' ( where the O'Dramas are concerned? ) Entertaining!?

As America's first social media pResident.., all he ( likely his STAFF ) has to do to quench any curiosity is send (1) flipping Tweet and they're more than satisfied "he's like so totally on TOP of things!" = work day.

Have they forgotten he spent the first 4 years in office still campaigning? And KEPT on doing so after securing re-[fraud]lection? The bottom line, Laura Bush never TRIED to be anyone [other] than Laura Bush!

2. ChapBix on January 24th, 2014 1:28 am

No one is surprised that taxpayers picked up the tab for her birthday bash. Obamabots think it is all together appropriate. After all, what else do we expect from the DemocRat party? We would keep over if it were revealed that they were not the party of being generous with other people's money.

3. ChapBix on January 24th, 2014 1:30 am

Should have been "keeled", not "keep".

4. ChapBix on January 24th, 2014 1:32 am

Well said, M_W!

5. Marshall_Will on January 24th, 2014 2:43 am

Part & Parcel of the head-splitting cognitive dissonance it takes to resign oneself to being a Dim loyalist.

Book after blog after movie has been done on how mainstream, moderate Repub's were shunted aside as the moral majority "hijacked the GOP". A good 30 years worth.

To date, there hasn't been [1] media-ready event explaining how Democrats completely lost control of their party to Leftist extremists. If you can think of one ( other than Doug, MM's and handful of other columnists ) I'd love to see examples from the Left. Introspection just isn't their thing.

Right now, they're so sold up a creek, they're in Stand Together ( or hang separately ) territory. Thus the Win At All COST 2012 battle plan.

6. Truesoldier__ on January 24th, 2014 11:42 am

And now the Obamabots in the NE are mad about their heating bills going through the roof this year due to the cold winter. Of course they will never make the connection that if Dear Leader's energy policies were not in place there would be much more supply and the prices would be lower. Instead they will listen to their masters and blame the "greedy energy corporations".

7. backwoodsconsr on January 24th, 2014 12:04 pm

I'm pissed off at the global warming people. They promised me that if I kept pumping carbon dioxide into the atmosphere I would get a warmer planet. Well, where is it?

8. Candy on January 25th, 2014 1:55 pm