“I can do whatever I want.” This pretty much says it all:

President Obama “quipped” today during a visit to Monticello with the French president, “That’s the good thing about being president, I can do whatever I want.”

I used that video in a post at Michelle’s site about yet another Obamacare mandate delay, but thought it deserves an extra spotlight on it. It’s hard to believe that didn’t cause Thomas Jefferson to crawl from his grave and yell “are you f*#@ing kidding me!?”

By the way, the title of this post should have made it more clear that Obama’s philosophy that a president can do whatever he wants only applies while Obama or maybe some other uber-lefty is president.

Here are six different words that sum up Obama’s view of his presidential power:

Comments

11 Responses to “Obama sums up his philosophy of the Executive Branch in 6 words”

1. wakethesheeple on February 11th, 2014 1:20 pm

All Hail King Obama
    YouTube Video, runtime 1:23 http://tinyurl.com/magrxr2

2. doriangrey1 on February 11th, 2014 5:49 pm

John Boehner and the not so good folks of Ohio apparently support Obama's proclamation.

From the very State that inflicted John Boehner on America.

3. sizemorew on February 11th, 2014 9:20 pm

I keep wondering when that will become our national anthem. It doesn't seem like it will be too far off now.

4. Marshall_Will on February 11th, 2014 9:55 pm

Too funny! Haven't heard that since watching The Battleship Potemkin?

Good on the spot edit! What should be equally upsetting is what immediately preceded; "We're breaking protocol here". Really? Wtf, that's never bothered Him when it came to getting HIS way..?

5. Marshall_Will on February 11th, 2014 10:16 pm

“Okay, I’m gonna stop ya there. I’m going to quit this conversation,” Sims concluded. “You have a good day.”

Been on at least a dozen of these goat-ropes over the last 30 odd years and even had input as to 'what' the preparedness scenario entailed. Never before have I seen it necessary or even considered to implicate our own citizens?

While there is an effort to make everything as reality based and life like as possible, the background ( web search history etc. ) is very revealing. As rotten as this is, I'd be more inclined to kick in the Gov's door. Not JB isn't a complete doitbag.

6. Truesoldier__ on February 11th, 2014 11:41 pm

That statement made me think of this:

7. doriangrey1 on February 12th, 2014 5:04 am

What I was suggesting was not that Boehner was responsible, but that if this is the mentality of the politicians in Ohio, it goes a long way towards explaining Boehner's actions. Boehner could not remain a congressman in Ohio without the support of fellow Ohio politicians and political activists. Boehner's actions are therefore likely to reflect the attitudes of his fellow Ohio political peers as well as being influenced by them.

8. ChapBix on February 12th, 2014 8:52 pm

Wonder what Louis XVI uttered those words as he was led to the quillotine? Or was it Louis XIV? I forget.

9. Marshall_Will on February 12th, 2014 10:49 pm

Right, right, that wasn't lost on me. Btw True Soldier posted a great Boot The Weeper link at MM's yesterday. Better believe I signed it.

Not that OH hasn't become rotten ( like most rust-belt states ) but what also should concern, given the detail your article delved into, the quote selected above was from one of our multitudinous "emergency response directors" that get insane $'s to dream up complicit little scenarios feeding into the meme of a militarized police force.

Think post Boston Marathon Watertown door beat down. I realize the troops get tired of the same; mass casualty/plane crash drill, and I've played many roles. Triage, transport, even victim. Can't say I've been bored enough to implicate or demonize citizens exercising their 2nd Amend. rights?

10. bee on February 13th, 2014 1:56 am

"I think not. Your authority on this ship
    is extremely limited, Captain."

Spock to "alternate universe" Kirk

11. Truesoldier__ on February 13th, 2014 11:37 am

O/T….Looks like the IRS targeting is about to restart full steam ahead:

Senate Democrats facing tough elections this year want the Internal Revenue Service to play a more aggressive role in regulating outside groups expected to spend millions of dollars on their races.

In the wake of the IRS targeting scandal, the Democrats are publicly prodding the agency instead of lobbying them directly. They are also careful to say the IRS should treat conservative and liberal groups equally, but they’re concerned about an impending tidal wave of attack ads funded by GOP-allied organizations. Much of the funding for those groups is secret, in contrast to the donations lawmakers collect, which must be reported publicly.