In the Netherlands, President Obama appeared at a joint press conference with Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte.

After Obama wrapped it up, the sound of crickets was punctuated by what I think was the sound of one hand clapping.

Five years ago the applause would have been thunderous, even from the press.

I couldn’t help but be reminded of this:

Comments

10 Responses to “Response to Obama finally answers age-old Zen philosophical riddle ‘what is the sound of one hand clapping?’”

1. Truesoldier__ on March 27th, 2014 1:45 pm

I'm surprised they didn't clap just to ensure that Dear Leader wouldn't try to continue to drone on.

2. doriangrey1 on March 27th, 2014 5:28 pm

Obama should be very worried, he played the role of Messiah, played it to the hilt. The bloom is clearly off the Rose now. Somebody should have pointed out to Obama, that the human race always kills it's Messiahs.

No, I am not advocating the assassination of Barack Obama, just pointing out what history says always happens to Messiahs.

Harry Reid, an even bigger liar than you thought. Caught on video.

3. Marshall_Will on March 27th, 2014 10:07 pm

The photog in the foreground was smugly smiling. Must've perfectly captured that Sexual Chocolate/flop sweat moment. Delivered w/ pedestrian LILT Mr. pResident. No teachable moments for the Euro-crowd?

Seems even the Dutch grasp the irony of a U.S prez whose own A.G has done nothing but scoff at "the rule of law" since appointment and deals with "checks & balances" by sicking the IRS on his detractors. Real, imagined or latently potential at some point in a future only bulk NSA data grabs can determine?

Was it me or did O'dufus -balk- before saying… "and will continue to do so uh… into the future"?

4. Marshall_Will on March 27th, 2014 10:11 pm

"he played the role of Messiah, played it to the hilt"

And if he were a touring band, the rest of the concert dates would be canceled. Is it worth entertaining that future candidates identify themselves by their preferred methods of commandeering social/trad. media?

Then base their "term" more on Facebook friends, Twitter followers, album and t-shirt sales?

5. doriangrey1 on March 27th, 2014 11:22 pm

Good grief, I thought that's how politicians did things now… You mean it could get worse?

6. Truesoldier__ on March 28th, 2014 10:02 am

Right now they tend to just stick their finger in the wind….Wait till they start getting groupies….

7. doriangrey1 on March 28th, 2014 1:32 pm

ROTFLMAO… I did that whole Rock Star thing back in my mid 20's. It might actually prove to be a good thing for politics if politics went that way.

Yes, I am actually telling you that being a Rock Star, with the exception of the 1 percent at the very top, is more illusion and hard work than anything else.

Most Corrupt Administration in American History doing What?

8. Truesoldier__ on March 28th, 2014 11:03 pm

O/T…Not sure if you all have seen the new Ted Cruz ad. It is really well done:

9. hopy on March 29th, 2014 7:36 am

Anything how long the wool, especially those that famous especially obama.

10. Truesoldier__ on March 29th, 2014 11:39 am

I Hear you on that. I too did that in my 20's as well. There is nothing quite like riding around the country in you "rock & Roll Sexy" van, hustling gigs while dealing with the drummers B.O.