State Department spokesperson Jen Psaki tried to explain her unintentionally hilarious “promise of the hashtag” tweet that was deservedly ridiculed.

Her “explanation” was just as funny:

“I was highlighting the fact that they (Russian leadership) haven’t been following up their hashtags with action.”

These people make Neville Chamberlain look like Patton.

Comments

10 Responses to “State Dept. spokesperson hits bottom, keeps digging”

1. backwoodsconservative on April 26th, 2014 3:46 pm

Tweets in our time.

2. backwoodsconservative on April 26th, 2014 10:29 pm

I had some fun today. I attended a Tea Party rally in Pickens, SC. I got to meet my Congressman, Jeff Duncan, and a few other candidates for the upcoming elections. I came away with the main thing I wanted, and that's a yard sign for the candidate I think has the best chance to beat Lindsey Graham in the primary, Richard Cash.

In the runoff for the 3rd Congressional District nomination in 2010, I had to choose between Jeff Duncan and Richard Cash. I chose Duncan, and don't regret it, but I would have been happy with either one. This time around they're running for different offices, so I get to vote for both of them. :)

The main goal in the primary is to keep Graham below 50% and force a runoff. Most of his opponents have pledged to throw their support to whoever faces Graham in the runoff. Graham's approval ratings are below 50%, so this is doable.

3. Marshall_Will on April 27th, 2014 5:22 pm

Dittos. Sounds incredibly familiar.

Our ( Oregon ) TP director, in jeans and zip-up TP jacket, standing atop our "stage" ( two stacked wooden pallets w/ a sheet of plywood ) made mention "Is this really the best the Koch Brothers could AFFORD?"

Like BWC I was able to meet all the candidates and they were an impressive lot! Monica Wehby M.D a neurosurgeon implores voters to "Keep Your Doctor ( Change Your Senator )" Lovely gal and outspoken critic of O'Dumbo Care. Really from Day 1.

We even had a Dim-defector that has tried for years to get the media to take notice of the impromptu ( and freegin ILLEGAL ) ballot boxes that crop up on college campuses and other 11th hour buffoonery. Pretty revealing little expose` to the tune of around 30k votes per cycle…

4. backwoodsconservative on April 27th, 2014 10:18 pm

Speaking of a makeshift platform…

5. Marshall_Will on April 28th, 2014 2:36 am

Golden. Freaking GOLDEN.

In putting up (1) sign by our [condo] mailboxes, I'm sure I'll HEAR about it! Progressive HOA prezuhdunce will no doubt herniate himself scouring the bylaws to dredge up enough to stir confrontation.

Bottomline tho' ( it's a freaking PRIMARY prezuhdunce! ) Or aren't we ( as Republicans ) even allowed to do THAT? Do you find that 'threatening'? That we even exist? We now know total extermination of conservatives is your [collective] objective but lets not get ahead of ourselves here..?

6. Marshall_Will on April 28th, 2014 2:43 am

Ahem, the OR Tea Party prez ( like me, a Chicago Polock ) hosts a daily AM ( H8 radio ) talk show. He interviewed Andrew Breitbart just 10 days before his death.

John confronted Andrew about WHY every aspect and agenda item seems hopelessly slanted toward progressives and impossibly uphill for conservatives? AB's answer was simple, "They're collectivists, we're individuals!" ( para )

So w/ (1) mind ( and a mindless agenda! ) YES absolutely. It's far easier to keep those drones on point, motivated and w/ the narrative. War on Women. Hate Radio. Income Inequality… In the end, we're worth saving. They're essentially interchangeable.

7. Truesoldier__ on April 28th, 2014 10:39 am

Most states have either already passed laws prohibiting HOA's from banning political signs or have already faced court challenges (and lost at the State Supreme Court level) as it is a Constitutionally protected right. Oregon introduced a bill last year that would prohibit bans on political signs by HOA's, but it looks like it never came up for a vote (Oregon House Bill 3406).

8. Marshall_Will on April 28th, 2014 1:27 pm

Solid info as always sir! Recently I'd read Dream Team was even considering lowering themselves [further] ( if that's even possible? ) to *include* HOA's in their hellish scheme.

Similar rulings favored owners over Big Rube in allowing residents to put up sat. dishes. Sanity occasionally prevails.

9. mordo crosswords on May 8th, 2014 5:28 pm

Splendid article.Now this time we got for you hit show sign following crossword puzzle clue.Proceedings lay blame on thump give you an scheme about original young woman of unashamed breach of copyright so en route for community who are accepted perception of head-over-heels a prove understand what you indication exceptionally.Thanks.

10. Jill R on June 23rd, 2014 5:44 pm

I am agree with your analysis about it and Essaythinker discounts services available here