The amount of money taxpayers lost on the GM (read: “union”) bailout is more than $11 billion, and look what we continue to get for that “investment”: Another round of recalls:

General Motors has issued four separate, new recalls for more than 2.4 million vehicles in the United States, the automaker announced on Tuesday.

The cars include 2009-2014 model years of the Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, and GMC Acadia, and 2004-2008 model years of the Chevrolet Malibu. Cadillac Escalades, Chevrolet Silverado pickups and GMC Sierras from the 2015 model year were also among the vehicles involved in the recalls.

GM said that it was issuing the recalls “in a continuing effort to quickly address emerging safety issues.”

The company will also take a $400 million charge in the second quarter, including a previously announced $200 million charge, to cover recall-related repairs over the quarter.

The running total:

GM has now in a year recalled more cars than they’ve sold in the U.S. in the last five years.

Obama speaking about the GM bailout last year: “Today, that bet has paid off.”

I’m sure did pay off for somebody.

Comments

19 Responses to “GM has recalled over 13 million vehicles this year in U.S. after taxpayers lost over $11 billion in bailout”

1. Marshall_Will on May 20th, 2014 4:54 pm

What the..? How is that even possible!

Is this the result of the brain drain from all the ousted Delphi employees? All they're seeing these days ( automotively speaking ) is the underside of a BUS. Typically when a recall takes place it's a -component- failure, not an overall "system" fail.

Since we're on the hook for this, maybe shutting the co. DOWN would have been a pref. alternative. Just sayin'.

2. backwoodsconservative on May 20th, 2014 8:15 pm

Close but no cigar. I almost made it into this photo from a Richard Cash fundraiser last night. I'm somewhere off to the right.

A friend told me that to the right is a good place to be. I replied that I don't think anyone in that room was to the left.

3. backwoodsconservative on May 20th, 2014 9:45 pm

I suppose they could make a movie about it, but the title "Total Recall" has already been taken.

4. Marshall_Will on May 21st, 2014 12:36 am

BWC,

Hilarious Twitter comment from Richard! Precisely what we're fighting here in OR. Told the young fellow running the campaign if he manages to pull this off I will shall forever refer to him as: The Rino Slayer..!

We should begin seeing returns within the hour! Our straw/quick poll shows a 3-to-1 favor, but that doesn't mean we aren't holding our breath. For all the heat he's taken over the years, Pasadena Phil isn't wrong ( Rino's ARE the problem! )

5. Marshall_Will on May 21st, 2014 12:38 am

Didn't stop Dim's from rolling w/ it in WI against Scott Walker for a 2nd and 3rd time..? They're so clevah…

6. Truesoldier__ on May 21st, 2014 1:27 am

If you include the recall they have lost far more than $11 billion.

7. Truesoldier__ on May 21st, 2014 1:30 am

Ever notice how dim's get stuck on a theme and just can't seem to break away from it no matter how bad they lose?

8. Truesoldier__ on May 21st, 2014 1:32 am

I see with a little over 50% of the vote in Wehby has a 24% point lead over 2nd place in the race.

9. Marshall_Will on May 21st, 2014 2:51 am

In as many cases ( no matter how much it costs..! )

Take ObamaCare for instance..?

10. Marshall_Will on May 21st, 2014 2:56 am

Thanks for tracking along. Kind of a tough night, my local cand. for OR HD 18 isn't leading, although it's close and my pick to take on Numbnutz ( Kurt Schrader D OR ) is trailing substantially.

So Wehby is thus far the (1) bright spot. The Oregonian feels she'll be extremely difficult for Merkley to run against. For one thing, while her [personal] convictions run contra, Monica is running pro-choice.

To be fair to Cons. OR, Jeff Merkley has been labeled "the most liberal Sen. in DC". We can only go up from there. In the end, no regrets, our local Rino got served and knows about 45% of his dist. wants him GONE. We feel it will be his last term.

11. backwoodsconservative on May 21st, 2014 4:47 am

I told Richard that it's bad that to get a Democrat out of office, you have to beat him in the Republican primary.

Richard pointed out in his speech that night that Graham wants to be in on every deal made in Washington. When the Democrats want to make a deal, they call Lindsey.

One thing I'm having to fight is the attitude of so many bloggers and commenters that Graham is definitely going to win. I don't think so. It is true that none of his challengers are individually beating him in the polls. However, if all of them together can hold Graham to less than 50% of the vote, that will force a runoff, with the opportunity for the opposition to unite around whoever faces Lindsey in the runoff. I think Richard Cash can pull it off. He's not letting up on the campaign, and neither am I.

12. Truesoldier__ on May 21st, 2014 10:50 am

Here's hoping to a less than 50% for Grahamnesty then. I have always hated the crowded primaries. It got really bad in WA ST before I left where the primaries could have close to 20-30 people running. They are non party primaries with the top 2 going onto the general election regardless of party. So you would have the incumbent "help" a bunch of candidates get on the ballot to muddy the water. A lot of times they would have similar names to the true Conservative candidate just to try to confuse them worse. To top it off you could say you were from whatever party you wanted without the permission of the party.

All in all it was an incumbents dream come true.

13. backwoodsconservative on May 21st, 2014 12:22 pm

In this case the crowded primary may be what it takes. For a single candidate to knock Graham off by himself would take one hell of a candidate, and we're a little short of truly stellar candidates. Nicki Haley is the only one I know of right now with that kind of star power, and she's running for reelection for governor. So the alternative is for several candidates to spend the months leading up to the primary stoking the anti-Graham sentiments.

The scary part is that if we don't pull it off this time it'll be six years before we can try again.

14. Marshall_Will on May 21st, 2014 1:10 pm

TELL me ( just ask any Cons. Nevadan? )

Okay, here's the thing: In a few min. I'm going to call our def. Tea Party contender and BEG him to run 3rd party against Schrader in the Fall.

Our GOP-lite cand. has -0- freaking chance any way. If nothing else, it will make things interesting… Here goes nothing.

15. backwoodsconservative on May 21st, 2014 1:44 pm

Good luck.

There's a lot of debating going on at Hot Air between those who will hold their nose and vote for any Republican and those who want to refuse to vote for the traitorous establishment Republicans. I used to be in the former crowd, but I find myself increasingly drawn to the latter. Lindsey Graham was the tripwire. I will not cross over and vote for a Democrat, but there are some Republicans who I will not vote for. They would have to win without me.

Due to a special election to fill the remainder of Jim DeMint's term, South Carolina will have both Senators on the ballot at once. Should Lindsey win the nomination, he could easily find himself in the embarrassing position of getting much less votes than the other Senator.

16. Marshall_Will on May 21st, 2014 2:20 pm

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! ( Is the HA crowd still struggling w/ that? ) Or are they waiting for a post-industrial/post-constitutional America to spring their big trap..?

17. Marshall_Will on May 21st, 2014 2:22 pm

Yeah, I'm starting a whisper campaign, post-election texts etc. to see if I can't commandeer some of the other volunteers from other local camp's and recruit them over.

Making something out of nothing is kind of what old stock traders specialize in anyway.

18. Dick Steele on May 26th, 2014 11:15 pm

Just to make sure, Bin Laden is still dead, right?

19. backwoodsconservative on May 27th, 2014 9:20 am

Obamacare couldn't save him.