Look at these clips from President Obama’s a couple days ago to West Point grads vs. President Bush’s from 2008 and tell me this country — especially our military — isn’t starving for leadership that doesn’t run down America.

The tone of the addresses and reception from the cadets are polar opposites:

Obama “rallying the troops” reminds me of the basketball coach in the movie “Teen Wolf” whose pregame motivational speech to his team was “look at it this way, it’ll all be over with in a couple hours.”

This video is from 2009 but it still speaks volumes:

It’s a “sincerity” thing.

Comments

9 Responses to “Obama vs. Bush at West Point: Video proof the military (and the country) is starving for positive leadership”

1. Truesoldier__ on May 30th, 2014 10:50 am

One thing that is taught at West Point is military history taught by former military commanders. They tend to be brutally honest and that is how it should be. The only way to prevent war history from repeating itself is to learn from the mistakes and successes of previous conflicts. The only way to do that is an unvarnished version of events.

I am sure these cadets spent a lot of time dissecting the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and have concluded that while Bush made some mistakes early on in Iraq he wasn't so arrogant that he could not admit those mistakes and take advice from those who knew better and actually fix the situation on the ground (i.e. the surge).

Dear Leader on the other hand could never be wrong and so he has stuck to his, "pull out at any cost" mentality in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

2. Truesoldier__ on May 30th, 2014 10:53 am

I am sure these cadets are quite upset with the unilateral surrender date in Afghanistan and have some justifiable fear knowing that they could be one of the 9800 troops Dear Leader has planned on leaving in Afghanistan indefinitely.

This number is even lower than you might think. When you consider it is roughly 1 infantry soldier for every 5 support soldiers you only have 1960 combat troops staying in Afghanistan (not saying the others cant fight, but they haven't been trained as well to fight as the infantry).

What I see is this move is Dear Leader leaving 9800 potential POW/MIA's or KIA's in Afghanistan. If I were any of these 9800 I would be very worried and have Benghazi in the back of my mind at all times.

3. Marshall_Will on May 30th, 2014 3:16 pm

+100

His world/gov view is everything is simply a matter of creating admin. type policies constituents are forced to adhere to. With all points hinging on having just enough leverage to keep the broader pop. in some form of compliance.

ie; people w/ something TO lose! Works great when you have a McMansion in the burbs w/ a POOL. Living in a straw hut, not so much? Talk about setting up for failure?

O'Dumbo din't get 10 seconds into his address before commencing Operation Fingerwag!

4. Granny617 on May 30th, 2014 9:48 pm

Say what you want about W – but he loves our military. I am leaving Wednesday for Ft. Worth for the blessed arrival of grandchild #4 and we are going to W's library while I am there. I know he just had knee surgery but am hoping he might pop in. He is one of the most humble and genuine presidents of our time. Did not always agree with him but always admired his commitment to our military.

5. Marshall_Will on May 30th, 2014 10:20 pm

Oh… enjoy! Hope W is on the mend.

The fact "it's always about 'Him' " has never escaped Doug, but O'Dumble is slipping/grappling w/ a whole nother level? Every appearance, photo op and tweet is just another PLUG for the agenda. They're not even 'hiding' it any more.

Some time, some place, the entire chronology of their "8 Year Plan" will be revealed. Hopefully by a defector/whistle blower and not in a Pol Pot "Year 1"/ complete U.S History makeover. Undoubtedly the latter half of His 2nd term was earmarked for great acceleration.

Is it time to consider a Defector Reward for any possible marks w/in The Camp?

6. Truesoldier__ on May 31st, 2014 12:40 am

There is no doubt in my mind that W loves our military. His only mistake was appointing political hacks to be in charge of Iraq instead of listening to the commanders on the ground. To this day I believe that it was the hacks that kept the truth about what was really happening in Iraq from W, claiming they were insulating him but in reality they were trying to figure out why their plans did not work.

I would not be surprised to find out that Petraeus got fed up and found a way to "bump" into W to let him know the truth. Just the kind of guy he was. Very tactically sound and understood counterinsurgency better than most. He probably would have gone farther if it were not for his affair (which I think Dear Leader tried to hold over him and never expected Petraeus to actually resign).

7. Granny617 on May 31st, 2014 10:29 am

I thought Petraeus did a great job with the surge but will never understand his new found love for Hillary Clinton. He is backing her as a presidential candidate. She killed four Americans and lied about it – how could he possibly ignore that.

8. Truesoldier__ on May 31st, 2014 11:13 am

That I hadn't heard. Does make you wonder if he has lost his mind or is it Shillary, not Dear Leader, that has more dirt on him.

9. seo Stevenage on July 8th, 2014 7:28 am

seo Stevenage

Obama vs. Bush at West Point: Video proof the military (and the country) is starving for positive leadership : The Powers That Be