Let this meeting of the Ed Begley Jr. chapter of the Hell’s Angels come to order:

Rumor has it the ad slogan is going to be “For the man who has had everything… except a beating at Sturgis.”

I’ll take the loud, fossil fuel powered Harleys any day. A good Harley is one that you can hear from a half mile away and is proudly sporting an American flag while being ridden by a guy wearing a shirt that says “if you can read this the bitch fell off.”

Electric Harleys? Having trouble wrapping my head around that one. “Rolling Thunder” just would not be the same if it were called “Rolling Barely Perceptible Buzzing Sound.”

Comments

16 Responses to “Electric Harley: Good idea or the end of America as we know it?”

1. ducks on June 19th, 2014 1:42 pm

A very good and informative article indeed . It helps me a lot to enhance my knowledge, I really like the way the writer presented his views. I hope to see more informative and useful articles in future.

2. friv 10 on June 19th, 2014 1:42 pm

Thank you for posting this minimal information about this article. Keep on more posting.

3. friv juegos on June 19th, 2014 1:43 pm

Thank you for for sharing so great thing to us. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post nice post, thanks for sharing.

4. backwoodsconsr on June 19th, 2014 2:42 pm

The guy riding the electric Harley must be a real champion. I'll bet he holds the

World
    International
    Monumental
    Planetary

belt.

5. Marshall_Will on June 19th, 2014 3:53 pm

Sadly, "green marketing" tracks well w/ Millenials. The reason Starbucks makes spectacle of "giving back" blah blah. Giving in to progressives is *always* a mistake.

HD's marketing has long involved engaging the next generation of riders and.., so far it's worked fairly well. Remember, the Boomer Gen. that's driven sales since the early 90's ( which I'd give ANYTHING to get back to! ) are now growing too old to ride.

Milwaukie's been aware of the demographic challenges for some time. In ways, this short lived appeasement means they can quickly chalk it up in the Loss column and hopefully forego the painful experience poor Gibson Guitar went thru. The threats to American business are REAL.

6. Truesoldier__ on June 19th, 2014 10:52 pm

I can see it now…..Hells Angels all sitting around an electric recharge station drinking Starbucks Frappacinno's waiting hours for their hogs to recharge….

7. Truesoldier__ on June 19th, 2014 10:53 pm

Truesoldier • 8 minutes ago

O/T…Did you all see this?:

Isis jihadists have seized a chemical weapons facility built by Saddam Hussein which contains a stockpile of old weapons, State Department officials have told the Wall Street Journal:

U.S. officials don't believe the Sunni militants will be able to create a functional chemical weapon from the material. The weapons stockpiled at the Al Muthanna complex are old, contaminated and hard to move, officials said.

Nonetheless, the capture of the chemical-weapon stockpile by the forces of the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham, known as ISIS or ISIL, the militant group that is seizing territory in the country, has grabbed the attention of the U.S.

But, but there are no WMD's in Iraq, that is what the dems told us.

8. backwoodsconsr on June 20th, 2014 12:06 am

No WMDs. That's exactly what I thought when that story broke. I guess the presence of chemical weapons in Iraq is just another inconvenient truth.

9. Dale on June 20th, 2014 11:16 am

Having grown up in Sturgis, SD and still living in the Black Hills, I can't believe that Harley would do something this stupid. I can't imagine a group of Harleys coming down the road sounding like one large pocket vibrator.

10. Marshall_Will on June 20th, 2014 2:09 pm

Dale,

Great part of the country, good for you! When I worked for Bank of NY, clients from the Dakotas were fought over like a loose football. Wonderful folks.

This whole episode reminds me of the scene in Iron Man where Jeff Bridges explains "that whole project was just to appease the hippies!" I don't believe HD is seriously pursuing it. Just good PR.

Unfortunately this is the game today's corporations are/HAVE forced themselves into. In the int. of full disclosure, I'm a Brit-bike guy but have owned thousands of shares of Harley in the past. I dumped them after the 100 Year Anniv. edition came out, thinking w/ aging boomers, the stock had peaked.

11. Marshall_Will on June 20th, 2014 2:18 pm

"The weapons stockpiled at the Al Muthanna complex are old, contaminated and hard to move,"

That by no means implies they can't simply implode them "in situ" or force infidels to drink it. You know, like their brothers in arms, the Mexican cartels. Everything and anything harmful to human habitation/existence is of value…

You could dangle Christians or even people you just don't like above it with a ridiculously slow dipping mechanism while diabolically forcing wives to watch as you're immersed in toxic sludge! All while on vid and/or demanding ransom?

The possibilities really are limitless.

12. yepi 4 on June 21st, 2014 12:38 am

hopefully he'll get what he wants. I will wait for the next news.

13. backwoodsconsr on June 21st, 2014 10:11 am

Hell's Angels will become Hell's Amperes.

14. Truesoldier__ on June 21st, 2014 2:24 pm

This isn't the first time that WMD's were found in Iraq either, but the other time I know of was also downplayed by the dem and their lapdog media.

In 2004 we had an IED go off. The insurgents had rigged up a 155mm artillery shell, which was pretty common. The only difference was this one was equipped with a Sarin Gas warhead. Luckily it was diffused and the insurgents hadn't figured out how to arm the warhead, so even if it had gone off it would not have been active (the chemicals inside had not mixed).

Of course the dems said it was no big deal because the insurgents probably didn't even realize what they had and they were not sophisticated enough to figure out the arming procedure; therefore it still meant their were no WMD's in Iraq and the lapdog media ran with that narrative.

15. backwoodsconsr on June 21st, 2014 10:31 pm

Weapons of Media Dereliction.

16. friv6 on July 23rd, 2014 1:44 pm

you always bring everyone the most interesting and useful, I like it all, thank you