Democrats offered a strong defense (for congressional Dems, criticism of the agency responsible for tax collection is akin to blasphemy) of the IRS and its commissioner at yesterday’s hearing.

The IRS commissioner admitted that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was trashed three years ago:

The IRS targeting happened before John Koskinen became the head of the IRS, but if you saw yesterday’s hearing, the guy’s either dangerously ignorant and incurious about what’s gone on at his own agency or he’s doing his best to help keep something from surfacing.

Comments

11 Responses to “IRS commish: Yeah, Lois Lerner’s hard drive was destroyed — what’s the big deal?”

1. Chris on June 21st, 2014 5:56 pm

This commissioner seems honest but ignorant and appears to have no interest in serving the people. Democrat officials used the IRS and other federal agencies to harass and abuse conservative American citizens and no one has been held accountable to date. Reciprocation appears to be the only viable deterrent for future abuse in this case.

2. Marshall_Will on June 22nd, 2014 1:55 am

It gets worse.

Eldest daughter ( Ms. Fitness/health-nut/stay-at-home mom ) rec'd an excruciating SCAM call from "the IRS". IRS/scammer ( it's hard to tell the diff. ) using her MAIDEN name in an [effort] to intimidate/distract her and we couldn't be more proud. The Sheriff's office is WELL acquainted w/ said scam.

Katie Pavelich has documented this brazen/transparent BS on Townhall AND, [ahem] as it would HAPPEN, seems to be spawning, would you believe, from, Purple State OREGON.

Turns out. she and hubby, are reg. GOP'ers and ( for a time ) Ms. Will worked FOR the STATE of OREGON. Very obviously some turd/insurgent stole/was GIVEN reg. Republican's personal data and the State of OR/WH just learned about it in the paper..?

3. Marshall_Will on June 22nd, 2014 2:03 am

I'd absolutely love to provide a bounty to [any] Democrat/Progressive/Critical Mass @-hole that can provide credible EVIDENCE they TOO have been harassed by the IRS?

No doubt they'd throw in just enough random Progs to offset/discredit the claim. Poor girl was *trembling* as I took the phone out of her hands. Every and I do mean EVERY conceivable claim was made AGAINST her. Including seizure of her property AND threat of JAIL. This HAS to become an issue going into the mid-term elections. PERIOD.

4. @nobamanoway on June 22nd, 2014 2:53 am

Great tweet. I think he's a liar in the 1st degree though… Isis weaponized. Keep your powder dry brother. We are going to need your kind… @GOP #tcot

5. @nobamanoway on June 22nd, 2014 2:54 am

IRS is weaponized. I guess Isis is now too.

6. Granny617 on June 22nd, 2014 10:10 am

This jerk shows just how arrogant ALL govt. employees have become. The entitlement attitude that they can do as they please with no regard for accountability is disgusting. We need a complete overhaul in Wash DC. Libturds have taken over all aspects of our government and it needs to start with the mid-terms and demand that the newly elected right this ship or they too will be fired.

7. huz on June 23rd, 2014 6:09 am

A very good and informative article indeed . It helps me a lot to enhance my knowledge, I really like the way the writer presented his views. I hope to see more informative and useful articles in future.

8. girl go games on June 23rd, 2014 6:10 am

Thank you so much! Really rich content and very useful information. I found my problem’s solution starting over here. I exceedingly advocate his/her machinery by means of the valuable enlightening information.

9. juegos de on June 23rd, 2014 6:10 am

I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style . I added it to my favorites blog site list…

10. Truesoldier__ on June 23rd, 2014 10:53 am

There is a movement, albeit small as of right now of Conservatives that have entered government service in an attempt to change the culture from within. The biggest problem with the bureaucracies isn't those at the top it is those at the mid to upper mid levels.

The political appointees can change, but the worker bees stay the same regardless of which party is in control of the executive branch. It is very hard to fire a government worker, so we need more Conservatives to take jobs and work their way up to positions to be able to exact change. At the same time, we need to keep working towards abolishing public employee unions as well.

I am one of those government workers that is working my way up to be able to exact change from within. So far, I have managed to reduce the department I work in by 3 employees. Not by firing them (I am not in a management position), but by showing that I can do all three jobs (many departments are facing budget cuts thanks to what's left of the sequestration). Many of the federal workers are getting closer to retirement age, so this is a prime time to work at replacing them with Conservatives.

11. Truesoldier__ on June 23rd, 2014 10:56 am

I disagree, he did not come across as honest at all to me. He kept trying to claim that they had told Congress everything and were being transparent only to admit in the next sentence that they told Congress just the Monday before the hearing.

He came across as arrogant and smug, probably because he knows that there is nothing that Congress will do to him. A contempt charge, pfft, Holder want prosecute. Withold funding to the IRS, pfft, the House leadership will cave to avoid another shutdown. Impeachment, pfft, not unless the R's take the Senate in November and even then I am not sure they have the spine to take that step.