President Obama signed the written invitation today.

Everybody say it together now: “Thanks Obama!”

The Obama administration is bracing for another surge of illegal immigrants next spring, bringing online a family detention center that will have 2,400 beds.

“We must be prepared for traditional, seasonal increases in illegal migration. The Dilley facility will provide invaluable surge capacity should apprehensions of adults with children once again surge this spring,” said Acting Immigration and Customs Enforcement Director Thomas S. Winkowski.

In advance of the president’s new pro-immigrant announcement set for Thursday night, ICE is readying its strategy for next year when over 100,000 illegals are expected to flood over the U.S.-Mexico border.

Humble suggestion: Pick them up at the border, bus them to DC, and dump half of them off inside the White House gate (he’s inviting them, so let him serve as personal host) and the other half should be delivered to the Dems’ cloak rooms in Congress.

Oh, and I guess it’s a tad disingenuous of me to call them “illegals,” since as long as Obama’s executive order stands they’ll just be deemed “fresh Americans” as soon as they cross the border — after being handed a voter registration card, of course.

Comments

15 Responses to “Gee, I wonder why: ICE expecting over 100,000 illegals to flood across the border next year”

1. Steve on November 22nd, 2014 7:15 pm

Celebrities Read Mean Tweets #8 – Jimmy Kimmel Live

ps. Link Exchange??

2. Marshall_Will on November 22nd, 2014 8:48 pm

Doug Powers said:

"Nobody home, so guess I'll make a little noise."

Always LOVED a maple fingerboard! On one of my MIM's I custom scalloped it out in a Ritchie Blackmore graduated carve. 1st 3 frets have only minimal depression, accelerating to the 7th ( primarily on the treble side ) but above the 12th you could hide a Ticonderoga pencil and the strings still wouldn't make contact!

Other players pick it up "for a minute" then swear I'm not getting it BACK. What w/ all the material gouged out of the front and .000 steel wool taken to the back ( finish coat removed entirely ) the neck needed to be set in EPOXY so as not to be turned into a bow! When it's done, it's DONE. No turning back…

I have doubts the Ritchie Blackmore "Signature Series" Fender (TM) fluffs out there isn't more an… "approximation" or; likeness. Ritchie styled his life off Django and kept his trade secrets, well, secret! Probably not to be revealed until -after- his death. His technician is held to a confidentiality agreement. If he TALKS ( Ritchie will cut his TONGUE out! ) Seems fair enough…?

3. Marshall_Will on November 22nd, 2014 8:59 pm

"In the memo, DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson says his department must develop "smart enforcement priorities" to…?"

There's that WORD again…! "Smart". Any time a Dimmocrat ( or their appointed/anointed ) flunky/party-loyalist/dependent uses the word 'smart' you can pretty much guarantee it ISN'T. "Must develop". Like WHEN, the 5th of Never?

These hispanic mayors, governors, police chiefs and public officials that have been CLAMORING for Night of the Living Amnesty have no more a desire to have clueless gadabouts/opportunists in their hood than any of the REST of us! So I like Doug's bussing program. Works for ME?

4. backwoodsconsr on November 22nd, 2014 9:00 pm

Cut his tongue out? That's something to fret over.

5. backwoodsconsr on November 22nd, 2014 9:13 pm

Would withdrawing the threat produce a fretless guitar?

6. dentist in gilbert az 85295 on November 23rd, 2014 10:37 am

dentist in gilbert az 85295

Gee, I wonder why: ICE expecting over 100,000 illegals to flood across the border next year : The Powers That Be

7. Marshall_Will on November 24th, 2014 3:57 am

Lol. It's been rumored that while RB and his tech live in the same village, they've never actually met! Blackmore had something of a reputation for being an @-hole. He'd stall at huge shows refusing to go on for HOURS.

When the crowd was whipped into a frenzy and ready to rip the hall down, he'd finally go on. Other bands hated and often refused to double bill w/ them. But now that R & R is uh… ( basically DEAD ) a lot of back story is finally coming out.

Anyway, everyone have a great week and enjoy your time w/ family! Looks like a short week.

8. Jogos Da Elsa on November 24th, 2014 5:56 am

I do not understand why the government does not open meetings to discuss the issues necessary

9. Truesoldier__ on November 24th, 2014 11:03 am

Always love hearing the backstory of many a musician. I made a little noise myself this weekend. My wife got a steal of a deal last summer for my B-day on a ESP Bass with an ash body, Rosewood fingerboard, 3 band active eq and active pickups. The action on it is just right and the sounds are amazing. She got it for half price (down from $750) because they couldn't sell it due to the picture making it look like it has a candy apple red gloss finish. We it arrived it is actually a stained finish that has more of a crimson look to it.

10. Marshall_Will on November 25th, 2014 4:43 am

The Perfect Workhorse!

Bass-playing friends often have vintage/collectibles but when it comes down TO it? And these days ( what w/ all the shredders and only 'competent' in Drop D tuning players? ) the bass is often called upon to fill in as rhythm guitar to boot!

Hard to pull off on a P-bass w/ limited tonal options.

11. Truesoldier__ on November 25th, 2014 2:30 pm

I hear that. Lately I have really been getting more into the styling of Steve Harris of Iron Maiden. After learning more of their songs I have a lot more respect for Harris. He really worked the bass lines into becoming an integral part of the song as a whole and not just a rhythm to go with the drums. Lot's of bass solos in the songs from this guy and to boot, this is a band with lead and rhythm guitars already in the mix.

12. Marshall_Will on November 25th, 2014 3:00 pm

Younger people/players really have no concept of the contribution of early Progressive Rock ( King Crimson, Emerson Lake & Palmer etc. ) held over the harder edged bands of the 80's and beyond.

By abandoning rock's blues/boogie ( danceable ) early roots for more open formats and unfamiliar time signatures.., bass players in particular were finally freed to explore the full capacity of their instrument. ( After 50+ years in the backseat )

Previously, lines were delivered ( as you note ) in lock step w/ the thump of the bass DRUM. Bill Wyman's bass line in Midnight Rambler would be a classic example.

13. Truesoldier__ on November 25th, 2014 7:50 pm

You are right about that. And I would say that you could even take it further back than the early Progressive Rock, all the back to classical such as Beethoven, Back, Mozart, etc. So much of the best music out there has its roots in classical music and the precision and movements are just off the chart.

There is so much garbage I hear from younger players that I have run into. Not just about sound, but about technique as well. Things like you cant get a the deeper thump unless you play in drop "D" tuning or my favorite, if you want to be able to play fast you have to use a pick.

I don't know how many times I have wowed some younger players by playing not only faster than them, but with chords and accuracy without a pick and then go on to switch it up to a funky modified 70's rhythm using some good ole' slap & pop just to mix it up.

14. backwoodsconsr on November 25th, 2014 9:15 pm

I'm in over my head listening to you two. I believe y'all know more about guitars than I do about telescopes.

15. Best SEO in Maryland on November 30th, 2014 10:00 pm