Before Obama leaves office he’s determined to fulfill at least one campaign promise — unfortunately it’s the one that involves increasing the number of free-range terrorists:

Five men who were held for a dozen years at the U.S. Navy base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, have been sent to the Central Asian nation of Kazakhstan for resettlement, the U.S. government announced Tuesday.

The two men from Tunisia and three from Yemen had been cleared for release from the prison by a government task force but could not be sent to their homelands. The U.S. has sent hundreds of prisoners from Guantanamo to third countries but this is the first time Kazakhstan has accepted any for resettlement.

Their release brings the prison population at Guantanamo to 127, according to a Pentagon statement.
[...]
Nearly 30 prisoners have been resettled in third countries this year as part of President Barack Obama’s renewed push to close the detention center over opposition from Congress.

The excuse they couldn’t be sent to their “homelands” is hilarious: Because of “unrest and militant activity.” In other words the Obama administration is saying it would be be like releasing somebody from the Betty Ford Clinic and sending them to live on Fremont Street in Vegas. Usually the truth is that their home countries don’t want them back.

Comments

7 Responses to “And then there were 127: Obama admin releases five more from Gitmo”

1. Marshall_Will on December 31st, 2014 3:19 pm

Geography is irrelevant. Today's terrorist networks have become allowed to be so sophisticated, ISIS will be providing a salary, cell phone and promotion within days if not HOURS of their release.

But the administration has a point? With all the home grown terrorists they're nurturing, inciting and enabling HERE; ( what's a few detainees from "Gitmo" gonna' 'matter'? )

2. Marshall_Will on January 1st, 2015 7:07 pm

Happy New Year all!

Much congrats to Doug and Michelle ( Doug for Best Stand in Blogger, MM for Most VALUED Blogger! ) You know you're keeping company w/ the BEST when they've e-a-r-n-e-d accolades like that!

Actually linked to it via ThePeople'sCube when Oleg was bestowed Best Website Graphics ( they're freaking hysterical )

"Cuba-US normalization: US tourists flock to see Cuba before it gets 'Americanized' and Cubans flock to see the US before it looks like Cuba" Lol And good luck w/ those.., Jello shots..?!

3. Marshall_Will on January 1st, 2015 7:13 pm

And… because everyone [ it would appear ] is either a) too hungover from last night ( I'm taking baby steps ) OR… b) picking up where they left OFF;

Let's make 2015 an absolutely MISERABLE year for all the Progressives in our lives! I mean, truly, FREAKING miserable! They're doing an awesome job ( all on their OWN natch ) but it's important ( as "concerned 'friends' " ) to loan them that rope, rifle or Draino (TM) they've been wanting to borrow?

Suck POND scum you dirtbags! May you look back on this Administration's 2014 as; "the good old days".

4. Marshall_Will on January 1st, 2015 7:38 pm

Further ( and my homemade Limoncello was an absolute HIT btw ) as MSNBC circles the DRAIN:

"Griffin, in a memo sent Monday, also promised “to get on the road — and outside of Washington” to broaden the network’s coverage."

Well, whatever you DO Mr. Griffin; Do NOT consider telling…, The TRUTH!?!? Just keep being the WH's personal ( 24/7/365 ) broadcasting arm until it has fewer viewers than, 'Current' TV/Air America and you just may wind up w/ a government pension?

5. backwoodsconsr on January 2nd, 2015 12:57 am

In other news, Oregon released Florida State from any illusions they may have had about them winning the championship this year.

There are 3 teams I root for in college football: Clemson, whoever is playing the Gamecocks, and whoever is playing Florida State.

6. sam on January 2nd, 2015 1:17 am

Hello

You have a nice blog here! My name is Samuel Gonzalez and I run The Last Tradition. I’ve been doing it since 2009 and I’m pretty dedicated to what I do. I’m always looking for other good blogs to service my readers and yours fits the bill. Check out my blog and if you like what you see I hope you add me to your blog roll. I’ll do the same for you. Hope to hear from you soon!

7. monu on August 8th, 2016 5:54 am

I really enjoy this post. It's interesting topic and it's great, that author decided to write about it. Seems like he's broadminded person. I would like to read his another posts with great pleasure. It might be really exciting. Schlage Hand Punch 3000