From George W. Bush’s 2007 State of the Union speech after the Dems won control of both chambers of Congress:

We enter the year 2007 with large endeavors under way, and others that are ours to begin.

In all of this, much is asked of us. We must have the will to face difficult challenges and determined enemies, and the wisdom to face them together.

Some in this chamber are new to the House and the Senate, and I congratulate the Democrat majority.

Bush also congratulated Nancy Pelosi for being elected the first female Speaker of the House.

During the SOTU Tuesday night, after the Republicans won control of both chambers of Congress, President Obama’s only acknowledgement of any elections of any sort was this:

The new GOP majority was welcomed with a snide remark — what a surprise! Not only was it jack-assy, but they bragged about it:

Bush won two elections as well but still managed to not be a dick about it.

As for Obama’s speech itself, I can offer this rare bit of bipartisanship… I actually agreed with Ruth Bader Ginsburg:

(h/t @RKyleSmith and @WilliamAmos)

Comments

12 Responses to “SOTU class: Bush vs. Obama”

1. backwoodsconsr on January 22nd, 2015 12:35 pm

Classless, clueless, and totally full of………………himself.

2. Truesoldier__ on January 22nd, 2015 3:19 pm

Petulant children have more respect for others than does dear leader. I am surprised he didn't say something like,

"The GOP may have won the election, which I have also done, but how many of them can say they won the Nobel Prize. Huh, can't hear you GOP. Oh none, that's right just me. I am that good."

3. Marshall_Will on January 22nd, 2015 4:19 pm

THAT was an [actual] 'tweet' from the WHITE HOUSE!?

OMG, please tell me that's another one of Doug's or IowaHawk's rather clever photoshop jobs! Unreal.

And ( along w/ serious doubts this clown 'won' ANYTHING fair & square? ) are grave concerns going forward all that Dims can carry and/or are connected with are major All Blue Metro's.

4. Marshall_Will on January 22nd, 2015 4:26 pm

There's taking a 'defiant tone' and then there's being a jerk-@ff. Azz Clown falls in the latter. I *know* b/c I'm dealing w/ one NOW! Old school maint. type from my old sqdn. keeps using MY people/space/resources as HIS. Let's face it, when you see humongous pallets o' inner tubes & air filters etc. dumped your way. it's officially a yard sale. ( When was the last time the tire shop used an 'inner tube'? ) The 80's?

Let's see…, 1) lack of understanding just how FAR RHIP's can actually over reach? 2) making HIS problems YOUR problems and 3) treating everyone under you as if they were DISPOSABLE!

Did I miss anything?

5. Granny617 on January 23rd, 2015 1:59 pm

Biggest jackass ever to hold office! I love President Bush and his wife Laura for the classy way they go about life after the presidency. Billy Boy Clinton can't get enough media face time but he isn't as jackassery as Pres. Stompy Foot. Just wait until he is out and about in two years – it will be brutal. He won't be able to get enough of himself and the pravda media will still have their heads stuck up his arse.

6. sizemorew on January 23rd, 2015 2:14 pm

I didn't watch the SOTU for medical reasons (my blood pressure spikes at the sound of Obama's voice). I'm not in the least bit surprised that he had no class at all in regards to losing the majority.

7. Granny617 on January 23rd, 2015 9:20 pm

Agree – nothing this petulant child does or says surprises me whatsoever. It just bothers me that he has taken the presidency of the US to the outhouse. He and his administration are truly disgraceful. With the exception of Ted Kennedy – even the Kennedy's had a little bit of class. Jimmah Carter, as awful as his whole presidency was – at least he showed some respect for the office. The down fall started with ole Willy boy getting his jollies off with an intern in the Oval office.

8. rajgreen projects on January 26th, 2015 8:52 am

9. rameshwaram property on January 26th, 2015 8:55 am

10. Mckenyz on January 26th, 2015 10:00 am

good

11. Mckenyz on January 26th, 2015 11:15 am
  12. ChapBix on January 29th, 2015 8:40 pm

I suspect that by the time President Stompy Feet is officially "retired", the MSM will be so over him. They will be chasing the next Democrap squirrel to come along. Meanwhile, PSF will go to the ghettos to do some more community agitation for his fix of adulation.