White House Deputy Press Secretary Eric Schultz filled in capably for Josh Earnest on Wednesday. When asked about the administration’s claim they don’t make deals with “terrorists” even though Obama traded five Taliban commanders in return for Bowe Bergdahl’s release, Schultz got out of it by refusing to categorize the Taliban as “terrorists.”

And this is how it’s done:

The swap was OK because those released from Gitmo were Taliban “armed insurgents” and not ISIS “terrorists.” At least they’re admitting ISIS are terrorists. In December, the group the WH refers to as non-terrorists slaughtered 132 kids and nine staff at a Peshawar school.

As for Schultz, he comes across more like somebody who’s about to get a D-minus for his “Mock U.N. Day” Q & A in high school than a spokesman for the President of the United States. But I guess it’s preferable to admitting that letting five Taliban commanders hit the streets (and making ransom payments to con men) to secure the return of somebody who may well be charged with Army desertion might not have been the best way to go about it.

Comments

9 Responses to “WH deputy press secretary nails the audition: Taliban not ‘terrorists’”

1. ChapBix on January 29th, 2015 8:43 pm

Another grad school student chosen for his fresh face and non-disillusioned persona.

2. Marshall_Will on January 30th, 2015 4:03 pm

Actually, I think "Frank the Tank" did a better job in Old School:

3. Marshall_Will on January 30th, 2015 4:15 pm

I'm ……BACK!

Wow, NEVER move. Between getting the Jag to sync up w the new garage door opener and the challenges of which member key goes to WHICH amenity has been really stressful for Mrs. W and I. Really frustrating when mistaking the key for our RV storage as the clubhouse? Or was that the tennis courts? ( I know, I know.., those darned " 'rich' country clubber Republicans"! )

Oddly, the first new neighbor we met *also* made her recent EXODUS from Flakeville and knew all about our ( cross dressing ) 'mayor' and a city council run Progressive Agenda AMOK.

To be honest, it's as much about Admitting DEFEAT. We had both TRIED to make, Flakeville 'work'. Now we've reconnoitered to the relative sanity of an [upscale] gated community! It's the only thing that makes SENSE for the last two years of daily taunting from All Our President and his inexhaustible army of sycophants.

Guess we're wusses. See you on the green!

4. Marshall_Will on January 30th, 2015 4:27 pm

Glad MM took the time to lampoon Daily Dish ( Criagslist troller ) 'conservative' Andrew Sullivan. No one deserves it MORE.

Firstly, ( in order to get my AF degree ) we had to take Writing. IN it ( our lezzie instructor ) INSISTED on Sullivan's essay "Why I Blog" as required reading. Funny huh? Incredibly, his recent 'resignation' was a complete ( and head-splitting cognitive dissonance ) *180* from the very article he'd written PREVIOUSLY. Totally laughable individual!

Does this guy even read his own STUFF? Since he couldn't win the blog flame wars ( and the wheels have come off the Repressive Narrative ALTOGETHER ) he'll instead call 'sour grapes' on the whole medium and retreat deeply into "his own thoughts" and uh, his 'husband' or some such ref? Wow, WHATEVER dewd.

5. Truesoldier__ on January 30th, 2015 6:45 pm

I don't see you as wussies at all. Remember, that is the reason I left the Peoples Republic of Western Washington. They way I look at it is I don't want to be the last one standing when the music stops and it sure is hell is going to stop soon. Even after they steal all our money they would still be ready to lynch us for no other reason than not having more money to steal.

We left and are in a very nice are of Colorado. The locals tend to be more Conservative and now we make fun of the loony lefties at the University as we outnumber them.

6. backwoodsconsr on January 31st, 2015 11:03 am

He probably also believes that Democrats aren't liars.

7. James on February 9th, 2015 9:24 am
  8. friv 2015 on April 1st, 2015 2:07 pm

You did really awesome job. I really like and appreciated your work. I have found so many useful and informative articles. Continue sharing…..

9. Michelle Malkin | » Couldn’t have predicted this: Gitmo detainee Obama released for Bergdahl back in touch with Taliban on August 18th, 2015 7:19 pm

[…] Don’t worry though, because as the White House Deputy PressSec reminded us yesterday, the Taliban aren’t “terrorists.” […]