Here’s Michelle Obama last week in China:

“It’s very rare that I have the opportunity to travel outside of the United States, and it’s even more rare to have the opportunity to travel with three generations — with my daughters, and with my mother,” she said. “And it is no accident that one of our first trips as a family is here to China.”

Sure, and she also intrudes on school lunches very rarely.

It depends on what your definition of “very rare” is:

flotustrip

And that doesn’t include last year.

Rare? The facts argue otherwise. CNN has a photo gallery of FLOTUS’ overseas trips. Since becoming First Lady in 2009, Michelle Obama has visited Africa (2013), Northern Ireland and Germany, South Africa (2011), Mexico City, Haiti, India, Copenhagen. Those are official visits, at a rate of more than two overseas trips per year.

Mrs. Obama has also taken a series of overseas vacations that include trips to Spain and France…

As a matter of fact, FLOTUS was in China just one year ago. But maybe “very rare” translates to “a hell of a lot” in Mandarin.

Comments

9 Responses to “She’s SO funny: FLOTUS welcomes ‘very rare’ opportunity to travel outside US”

1. Marshall_Will on March 22nd, 2015 8:40 pm

Notice how Meanchelle racked up goose eggs across the BOARD in 2012. Initially Team O'Drama had big election year plans for her but soon scrapped it when they learned she was polling lower than the Ebola Virus.

IMHO she wasn't polling all that well w/ her OWN party's base either. Or rather [particularly] Still, bad mouthing her in Dim-controlled circles can be hazardous to your career. All Kathy Griffin had to do was have a CO-WORKER run his yap to have her show cancelled.

It should be apparent there's but a select FEW that can bum beef Her Highness and get away w/ it. ValJar/Rahm/etc. Everyone else can keep their thoughts to themselves. Staff probably looks FORWARD to these, 'rare' occasions….

2. Marshall_Will on March 22nd, 2015 8:49 pm

O'Sh!thead on Bibi's re-election:

"Israeli democracy has been premised on everybody in the country being treated equally and fairly," Obama said. "And I think that that is what's best about Israeli democracy. If that is lost, then I think that not only does it give ammunition to folks who don't believe in a Jewish state, but it also I think starts to erode the meaning of democracy in the country."

"Folks" who don't believe in a Jewish state? Somehow ISIS morphed from JV to just, plain folks? Everyone being treated equally and fairly? ( Does that include those who'd love to slit Jews throats in their sleep? ) "To erode the MEANING of 'democracy'!?!? WTF? Well he WOULD be an 'expert' in that arena! Which country was He referring to?

3. backwoodsconsr on March 22nd, 2015 8:57 pm

Moochelle has visited more countries than I have states.

4. Marshall_Will on March 22nd, 2015 9:02 pm

Notice, everyone ELSE has moved on. Even my most ardent Conservative friends, and friends of Israel have stopped talking about the ( not even CLOSE ) election by now…

It's CLEAR demolishing or gravely weakening them was a Must HAVE in his 2nd term. Now that he didn't have any more elections. The entire FIRST term was just a prelude leading up to this.

Does this Bozo have any inclination as to how deeply, desperately, depressingly *disappointed* 49.9% of this country was at HIS re-election? Or has he been sheltered from the Digital ROAR that's been going on in the Conservative Blogosphere for the last 7+ years too?

Natch, it's never over until Dims/Oppresives get their way. We haven't heard the LAST of this from Him and it will be interesting to say the LEAST to see how the LSM covers for him when this obsession surfaces MONTHS from now.

5. Extreme Travel Deprivation (or something) | Head Space on March 22nd, 2015 11:38 pm

[…] She’s SO funny: FLOTUS welcomes ‘very rare’ opportunity to travel outside US via The Powers That […]

6. Granny617 on March 23rd, 2015 4:50 pm

I have NO desire to travel outside of the USA with the exception to visit Austria and visit the places that the Sound of Music was shot (and that is not economically feasible in my life time). There are so many places I would love to visit right here – any of our mountain ranges and desert areas, the Carolina's, our historic sites up and down the east coast, Nashville, Memphis, Kentucky Derby. So much to see and do to appreciate what a great country we live in.

7. backwoodsconsr on March 23rd, 2015 5:48 pm

I'm with you on that. There are precious few other places in this crazy world I would trust with my freedom. The one great temptation I would have is to go to Australia so I could be far enough south to see the Magellanic Clouds.

I live in South Carolina, and the southern Appalachians have more waterfalls than I could visit in a lifetime. Here are some of the places I have been to:

8. Granny617 on March 23rd, 2015 8:08 pm

Very enticing photos from your neck of the woods. I live in Michigan so I have lots of water spots to visit too. I grew up in the very northeastern tip of Michigan on Lake Huron. Just 100 miles south of the Big Mac bridge. I still get a thrill every time I cross that 5 mile wonder that connects the lower peninsula to the upper peninsula and had many family members who worked building it. Although I have traveled extensively both in and out of my state – there are still places right here in my home state that I would love to explore but have not had the time because like a good conservative – I work for living. One of these days though……..

9. Find Out More on April 2nd, 2015 7:04 am

Find Out More

She?s SO funny: FLOTUS welcomes ?very rare? opportunity to travel outside US : The Powers That Be