Like Putin and Ayatollah Khamenei, Raul Castro must know that he’s really got a big fish on the hook here:

Castro, in a meandering, nearly hour-long speech to the Summit of the Americas, ran through an exhaustive history of perceived Cuban grievances against the U.S. dating back more than a century—a vivid display of how raw passions remain over American attempts to undermine Cuba’s government.

Then, in an abrupt about face, he apologized for letting his emotions get the best of him. He said many U.S. presidents were at fault for that troubled history — but that Obama isn’t one of them.

“I have told President Obama that I get very emotional talking about the revolution,” Castro said through a translator, noting that Obama wasn’t even born when the U.S. began sanctioning the island nation. “I apologize to him because President Obama had no responsibility for this.”

In a remarkable vote of confidence from a Cuban leader, Castro added: “In my opinion, President Obama is an honest man.”

Castro and Obama were expected to meet later Saturday on the sidelines of the summit — the first substantial meeting between a U.S. and Cuban president in more than five decades.

Funny that Obama’s biggest fans (and vice versa) seem to be totalitarian thugs, socialist goons and communist dictators.

Did Obama tell Castro “if you like your revolution, you can keep your revolution”? If so, you’re finished, Castro!

Comments

8 Responses to “Who knew Raul Castro had such a good sense of humor?”

1. backwoodsconsr on April 11th, 2015 9:23 pm

Honest?

2. Marshall_Will on April 13th, 2015 12:51 pm

Doug Powers said:

"Hillary's going to try and become the first president to be elected by campaigning like Bosley from Charlie's Angels."

Why not? Pretty much how 'government' RUNS nowadays! Still, I'm a little, concerned just how deeply so many conservatives display outright dismay over her running? Her announcement sent a shockwave thru the base and I and returned from my shop run ( in my all-electric cart ) to a Hillary '16! donation mailer on my desk!

The guys figured if I were secure enough in my 'manhood' to be seen driving a hybrid around base, I def. fit into Hillary's core demographic! Har-dee-har. Lots of actors and actresses continued to get bit parts loooong after lead roles evaporated.

This will redefine comic relief.

3. Marshall_Will on April 13th, 2015 12:58 pm

"He said many U.S. presidents were at fault for that troubled history — but that Obama isn’t one of them."

Adding later [privately] "The Russians may just get their nukes 90 miles off U.S soil yet!"

Nope, nothing to worry about over another reset button HERE? I'm certain Cuba's transition to democracy and free market thinking will go over every bit as well as Arab Spring/alternative energy scams/healthcare/Putin's retreat from the Ukraine!

4. backwoodsconsr on April 13th, 2015 1:47 pm

Cuba has always had difficulty negotiating with America.

5. ChapBix on April 14th, 2015 2:16 pm

What could possibly go wrong with having staunch Raul Castro speak so glowingly of Obama? /sarc off

6. ChapBix on April 14th, 2015 2:19 pm

Meant to write, "staunch communist".

7. rush essay com on April 18th, 2015 8:50 pm

The most basic problem of the people is that they do not know their actual problems and they busy themselves in those activities with which they don’t need to have any concern so that at the end they have to face losses because of it.

8. best essays.com on April 27th, 2015 8:02 am

Wonderful articles should provide for every person ,trust you can make more magnificent articles