With another Clinton being the leading contender on the left, and another Bush set to be among the leading contenders on the right, maybe they should just be running-mates and formally usher in America’s descent into oligarchy:

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is expected to confirm he will be running for president in 2016 Monday afternoon, and the anticipated campaign launch is set to take place at a South Florida college campus.

Sunday, Bush released a video on Twitter called “Making a Difference.” “He does it because he is a true servant. He is the best voice that we can have,” said a Bush supporter in the video.

I haven’t been this excited since the last time I got a “time for your next colonoscopy” reminder from my doctor:

Do you like Bush’s logo? I’m not feeling it:

I kept picturing how the logo was decided on in a focus group:

“Jeb” — Eh, whatever.

“Jeb!” — That’s it!

Comments

6 Responses to “Because there haven’t been enough Bush presidents, Jeb will formally announce he’s entering the race”

1. Steve on June 15th, 2015 9:40 pm

Video – Jeb Bush Presidential Campaign Announcement Full Speech
    http://commoncts.blogspot.com/2015/06/video-jeb-b… text right here!

2. Marshall_Will on June 16th, 2015 12:44 am

“Making a Difference.”

Because "What Difference Does It MAKE!" was already taken?

The core demographic Jeb! (TM) truly needs to make his case to have had about enough H & C/Fundamental Transformation. As MM often notes, "we need to send people to D.C to get things UN-done!" ( para )

He'd be a shoe-in had he been running against the backdrop of 8-years of GOP led prosperity, not coming off 8 years of The Agenda From Hell. What I'd like to see in a Republican/conservative WH would be a straightforward, line item by line item accounting of *exactly* what they intend to UNDO and what the timeline would look like.

I know there's an awful temptation to lead another [inverse] Hashtag Campaign that dwells on whatever's polling well that week, but Americans need RELIEF. Not more edge of their seat/what will they do NEXT? kabuki.

3. Granny617 on June 16th, 2015 10:59 am

Exactly. However, the media is shove Jeb to the nomination and in order to garner base voters he is going to pretend he is REALLY conservative. Not buying it, him or the media's push to make him the nominee. I will stay home.

The last couple elections I held my nose. I can't do it anymore.

4. Marshall_Will on June 16th, 2015 9:53 pm

"The last couple elections I held my nose. I can't do it anymore"

With industrial strength nasal forceps. This is what it really boils down to. Jeb is simply an [almost] equally 'male' knock off of Hillary. It's not working for THEM ( why would it work for US? )

The last thing any Republican needs is another Vanity Run To Nowhere… Bob Dole is looking better all the time…

5. Chris on June 24th, 2015 9:42 pm

I enjoy this site, but I like Jeb! He is rising to my first choice.

6. essays.best on June 25th, 2015 4:34 pm

All the people have their own ideas and they do their work in their own way of making different policies. At the end of the tenure we can see which management was more efficient to get things done in a great way. Thanks for sharing.