The guzzlers of Al Gore’s Kool Aid are touting this “study” that affirms severe weather events are linked to man-made climate change.
Check out “study guideline” #1:
The scientists list the following questions as a guide to their study.
1. Given a particular weather pattern, how were the temperatures, precipitation, and associated impacts influenced by climate change?
2. Given a drought, how was the drying enhanced by climate change and how did that influence the moisture deficits and dryness of the soils, leading to a more intense and long-lasting drought?
3. Given a flood, where did the moisture come from? Was it increased by warmer ocean waters?
4. Given a heat wave, how was that influenced by drought, changes in precipitation, and extra heat from global warming?
5. Given extreme snow, where did the moisture come from? Was it related to oceans that are warmer?
6. Given an extreme storm, how was it influenced by sea temperatures, ocean heat content, unusual moisture transports?
7. Was a storm surge worse because of higher sea levels?
The “study” already achieved the desired outcome before the “study” was even conducted. Notice that #1 asked “how were” the factors influenced by climate change — not if they were or weren’t influenced by it at all.
Here’s the kicker from the “study”:
“The climate is changing: we have a new normal. The environment in which all weather events occur is not what it used to be. All storms, without exception, are different. Even if most of them look just like the ones we used to have, they are not the same.”
Just shut up and give them your money, rubes!