Do you think the “Shut It Down” people blocking I-70 in St. Louis appreciated the irony that their blockade was shut down by a driver who’d had enough?

Remaining debris was removed from the road… after a little tenderizing on the pavement:

Let the paid rabble-rousers with way too much free time understand that “Shut It Down” is a two-way street.

Comments

9 Responses to “St. Louis ‘Shut It Down’ highway blockade gets shut down, but the irony will go unrecognized”

1. Truesoldier__ on August 11th, 2015 12:08 pm

Good for that driver. It would have pissed me off trying to get home after working all day to see these low life's who are more than likely sucking up my tax $'s attempting to prevent me from getting home.

2. Randall on August 11th, 2015 3:30 pm

I hope he took his vehicle through the car wash after driving through that pile of excrement.

3. iratenate on August 11th, 2015 9:59 pm

what bothers me the most is that the other drivers didn't follow suit and blow these cretins off the highway.

4. Marshall_Will on August 11th, 2015 11:31 pm

Kind of disappointed myself! Especially considering this entire movement has been about as 'legit' as Occupy Wall Street. It's all about finding critical mass needed to break faux momentum.

Speaking.., much of these guerrilla tactics were originally employed BY "Critical Mass". Basically clogging PUBLIC streets in SF making them 'safe' for bicyclists by terrorizing families in minivans and smashing their windows in while they're sitting targets at barricades.

Which reminds me, how was Greenpeace able to assemble 15+ dangling protestors and MILES of rigging to impede a drilling vessel without some form of consent from Portland Police? Just curious…

5. Marshall_Will on August 11th, 2015 11:41 pm

Ahem, Animas River OT:

Didn't it strike anyone else odd ( while I'm willing to concede the lowest bidding contractor was likely employed ) there was no evacuation downstream as to the possible fallout? Not even some form of n-o-t-I-f-I-c-a-t-I-o-n to residents PRIOR..!?!?

Here we have an Administration whose primary blunt implement of choice is bludgeoning the public w/ carpet bombing high altitude media strikes! A former director Al Armendariz that likened EPA "compliance" to BEHEADINGS as Romans took over villages to "get the others in line" BUT..?

I mean, if your neighbor were cutting down a tree that MIGHT fall on your home or even property, wouldn't common sense dictate you at least be made AWARE? If your home were being sprayed by exterminators, would you be allowed to STAY? Makes ya' wonder what's going on at Yucca Flats huh?

6. jogos yoob on August 17th, 2015 1:21 am

Which reminds me, how was Greenpeace able to assemble 18…

7. yoob on August 17th, 2015 1:22 am

I hope he took his vehicle through the car wash.

8. get taller on August 28th, 2015 12:21 am

get taller

St. Louis ?Shut It Down? highway blockade gets shut down, but the irony will go unrecognized : The Powers That Be

9. k7x games on December 14th, 2015 12:07 pm

Thanks for provide us these unique guidelines it's really helpful for everyone. This is very interesting and too informative.