The Department of Homeland Security often says this: “If you see something, say something.”

Unfortunately a lot of people fear what might happen if they follow that advice, as evidenced by this person who noticed suspicious activity at a home where the people accused of killing 14 in San Bernardino had been living:

It was believed that the Redlands home was the home of Syed Farook’s sister and mother.

The second shooting suspect who was killed in a shootout with authorities was identified as Farook’s wife of two years, Tashfeen Malik, 27.

Neighbors in Redlands were shocked that the suspects had ties to their area.

“I was in awe that it was happening four houses down from my property,” one neighbor said.

A man who has been working in the area said he noticed a half-dozen Middle Eastern men in the area in recent weeks, but decided not to report anything since he did not wish to racially profile those people.

“We sat around lunch thinking, ‘What were they doing around the neighborhood?’” he said. “We’d see them leave where they’re raiding the apartment.”

According to libs, it’s probably just easier to let them do whatever it is they’re doing and later blame it on Republican prayers and the NRA.

Comments

13 Responses to “When ‘if you see something say something’ is outweighed by fear of PC police backlash”

1. Granny617 on December 3rd, 2015 5:34 pm

How sick is our MSM! They refuse to acknowledge that this is terrorism. Why? Because they have been covering the asses of every demoncrap that cries and whines that we have to be nice to the terrorists – so they won't hate us anymore. CAIR jumped right on the bandwagon – had it in the works – before the guy's name was even released to fend off the criticism of their co-horts. Hell, CNN would not even say the word Islam during their reporting but immediately cut to the CAIR news conference – where we were told by CAIR that this had nothing to do with Islam or Muslims. It amazes me that these Liar Readers think the American public is that stupid. I knew about an hour into this whole thing – hmmmm terrorist attack.

And when I saw the headline on the NY Daily News rag – I wanted to puke. This rag and demoncraps are ridiculing well over 80% of the American people – I hope the backlash is loud and clear.

2. Marshall_Will on December 4th, 2015 1:08 am

TRUST me, it will!

Controversely, as Christians and Conservatives, we spent the entirety of the 80's and 90's fending off spitballs from liberals/anti-religion types any and EVERY time some minister or priest was ousted as a pedophile!

We'd try to [patiently] EXPLAIN these were simply wolves in sheep's clothing, USING the guise of 'religion' to exploit and abuse the position of authority we'd ( rather unfortunately ) extended them.

And… they'd 'have' NONE of it! There was no way to seperate the affiliation from the act. They DID it, Conservatives OWN it! After bludgeoning it w/ each instance throughout the 80's and 90's, it's finally [somewhat] abated.

Only when the ( turnkey 24/7/365 ) smut of the internet raised the stakes ( see Pete Townshend ) did they turn the amps down a bit. Still, it's "in their DNA" to point fingers quickly as possible, downplay the transgressions of their own, and by and large, let the media do the heavy lifting.

3. Marshall_Will on December 4th, 2015 1:22 am

Doug…

The same revelation ( for me ) with a 2 X 4! Who among us ever believed this J-Nap, media-ready slogan was anything more than another empty public service feel good 'announcement'?

Say something to WHOM? The TSA perv feeling your mother-in-law up? And the really difficult part in all this, if neighbors or service workers noticed ( how EVER well dressed ) 5-6 white guys, black guys, hispanic guys "hanging out" it certainly wouldn't go without at the very least, noted observation.

By and large b/c Western cultures only find 5-6 guys "hanging out", to play softball, watch the big game or admire someone's new Camaro in the neighbor's driveway. We're very accustomed to seeing groups of young, SINGLE males carousing, hitting on girls at the mall ( usually w/ little success ) or couples/families.

This instance ALONE should have been taken seriously. At least enough to send a cruiser by. Note the address and send it up the chain.

4. Granny617 on December 4th, 2015 1:21 pm

Marsh – even if it had been reported I highly doubt the San Bernidido police department would have acted. While I highly commend the officers for their quick response to the scene, I can't help but notice their PC behavior during the news conferences. I don't know if their hands are being tied by Obama's feds, but something is just not sitting well with me. Between the very liberal populace of California and the feds out there I believe they are playing nice as much as possible so as to not piss off any of the cry baby groups – CAIR at the top of the list.

5. Marshall_Will on December 4th, 2015 10:44 pm

And I believe that has more or less played out over the course of the last 12 hours. Short leashes…

6. joyannaadams on December 5th, 2015 3:50 am

I noticed some very suspicious behavior in my neighborhood a few years ago, (like Muslim men sitting around over boxes in their back yard in the dark at night, with the smell of some kind of smoke…my husband having been a Seal…thought it was of concern. So, we reported it to the FBI, who watched the house, but told me, their hands were tied. Unless I actually SAW them loading stuff in trucks, we could do nothing.

Muslims are moving in all over the country. I have a friend in North Carolina who says they have moved in down the street, and they ALWAYS empty their trucks in the middle of the night.

Word of advice: Don't report this to any democratic politician. They will ostracized you. My chief of police told me to move. He saw nothing wrong with 20 men gathering at houses, and posting guards on each side of the driveway.

I feel for the FBI guys who are under strict orders, like our military, to stand down.

In the meantime, Obama keeps putting Muslims in high political positions.

Personally, I'm amazed that everyone thinks Obama is NOT a Muslim.
    All you have to do, is say his name: Barack Hussein Obama.

He didn't run as a Christian now did he?

7. Marshall_Will on December 5th, 2015 11:22 pm

"My chief of police told me to move"

How thoughtful! Golly that's nice? So… just pick up and MOVE ( presumably in the middle of the night ) put a For Sale sign in the front yard and uh, hope for the best! Oh and good LUCK to the proud new owners, just keep your property insurance current!

Problem solved!

Ahem, much as the case with the Housing Bubble, when people were openly BRAGGING about how much equity they took out to buy all kinds of toys ( and the mortgage brokers and "appraisewhores" that worked in cahoots to grease the deals ) I ALWAYS said; "Yeah, they're 'bragging' NOW but when this baby BLOWS, you won't be able to find a SINGLE person that will COP to it!?"

And so is the case w/ Obama supporters. Right now the Gov. of Oregon ordered the flags be flown at half mast for the victims in SB. Isn't this about the 3rd or 4th TIME this year we've had to do that? Where will Obama supporters BE when it's [perpetually] at HALF MAST..? Yeah, THOUGHT so…

8. Marshall_Will on December 5th, 2015 11:51 pm

So… some QUESTIONS for Barack Hussein Obama, his inner ( and very LIMITED ) circle of 'advisors', The Muslim Brotherhood, George Soros and… all the politicians they've PAID to look the other way:

1. What is your implementation strategy for the, you know, final Takedown?

2. How aggressively are going after more radical elements within the Latino community to marry their efforts with your strategically placed Jihadis?

3. How do you intend to neutralize local police forces and the National Guard?

4. Once you've attained your objective of taking over the United States from within, will you CAP all of their oil wells and cease production, relyying solely on "alternative energy resources". Or will crank up production to unprecedented new levels and make it business as usual?

5. How have you assured those you've paid off/BOUGHT off or threatened that the "empire" they'll be 'inheriting' won't spiral into an unrecognizable and totally chaotic 3rd world sh!thole..? Oh, and refrain the Great Liberators from turning on THEM?

Just curious. Feel free to add your own.

9. Steve on December 6th, 2015 6:50 pm

SNL's Donald Trump reads "Naughty or Nice" list during Cold Open:

10. Granny617 on December 6th, 2015 7:52 pm

So…Duh One is going to go national TV tonight and tell us how awful we are because we own guns and climate change is going to make us go out and kill all Muslims. Or something like that… I won't be watching the lies roll off his tongue.

11. end of lease cleaning services on January 8th, 2016 2:00 am

end of lease cleaning services

When ?if you see something say something? is outweighed by fear of PC police backlash : The Powers That Be

12. patinaje pop on August 4th, 2016 5:31 pm

This is a very well written article.

13. 250 on August 23rd, 2016 3:44 pm

it's amazing blog and thanks for sharing .