The headline writes itself: “Giant ass seeks larger seats”:

A U.S. senator is demanding an end to the ever-shrinking plane seats as he complains airlines are squeezing passengers onto planes ‘like sardines’.

Airlines seats have been shrinking for decades as airlines try to squeeze every millimeter of profit from each flight. From a relatively roomy 35 inches of legroom and 18-inch-wide seats in the 1970s, today, cramped passengers can expect an average legroom of just 31 inches and 16.5-inch-wide seats.

But fed-up flyers may have their prayers answered, if a new law requiring seat-size guidelines gets approval.

U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer is adding an amendment to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Reauthorization Bill, which is pending before Congress.

Currently, there are no federal limits on how close an airline’s row of seats can be or how wide an airline’s seat must be.

As Schumer demonstrated a few years ago, sometimes the annoying thing about air travel isn’t the size of the seat, but the size of the jackass sitting in it.

(h/t Weasel Zippers)

Comments

48 Responses to “Having solved all other problems, Chuck Schumer sets sights on regulating airline seat size”

1. Truesoldier__ on March 1st, 2016 7:25 pm

The only thing this will accomplish is higher priced seats on airlines. It still won't solve the real annoyances on flights. You know like liberal putz (like Schummer) who won't stop bashing Bush while talking about how Obama was the greatest person to ever be elected. I would much rather have a smaller seat next to a screaming kid (at least you can sympathize with the toddler who can't figure out why their ears hurt).

2. horse racing monitor on March 2nd, 2016 9:30 pm

horse racing monitor

Having solved all other problems, Chuck Schumer sets sights on regulating airline seat size : The Powers That Be

3. www.redirect.pro-area.com on March 17th, 2016 7:17 am

4. ????? ???? ????? on March 27th, 2016 11:45 am

niiiiiiiiiiiiice

5. anhquoc90 on April 2nd, 2016 3:01 pm

Very impressive article. I have read each and every point and found it very interesting.
    Yepi 2 | 85play

6. Janet on April 20th, 2016 9:11 am

As long as the price is not very high… People get bigger and bigger nowadays, so bigger seats is good for considering.
    Help you say the romantic words with love quotes ez

7. HassanHamayun on April 21st, 2016 8:55 am

Though consumers try to find affordable medical care insurance, they include price into their mind for the reason that top top priority. A normal conception one of many consumers is usually that cheap medical care insurance must not be costly-the cheapest medical care insurance plan you can buy is the target. Even so, this approach seriously isn't good.co health authority

8. HassanHamayun on April 21st, 2016 8:55 am

This National Health and fitness Service (NHS) seemed to be setup because of the government to produce healthcare for everyone residents on the UK and is particularly funded by means of public income tax. This service will be based upon people’s desire for healthcare rather then their ability to afford it. Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland have his or her separate NHS products and services.rothman sports medicine

9. HassanHamayun on April 21st, 2016 8:55 am

Only a few health pills were created equal – many may do your whole body more cause harm to than beneficial. So prior to buy health and fitness pills, keep the strategies presented in intellect: 1. Address health products like drugs. Health nutritional supplements work like another medicine – many people affect ones body’s processes a clear way, so they should be taken after due thought.blog medicine

10. HassanHamayun on April 21st, 2016 8:55 am

Medical care insurance was already with us for years and years and this kinds and sorts of insurance include evolved, including private medical care insurance. In quite a few countries world-wide, a national sort of insurance or maybe socialized attend to their folks is presented.medicine law

11. HassanHamayun on April 21st, 2016 8:55 am

With nov 2014 I is in my remaining semester regarding college finding out abroad in Hong Kong, China that is certainly in the exact southernmost region on the country. Which place will be beautiful. I’ve for no reason seen this unique combined sky better building together with green spot mountains around my life.travel buy

12. HassanHamayun on April 21st, 2016 8:55 am

Niagara Declines sightseeing is amongst the main attracts for tourists towards region, but areas offers so much more. Often situations, if you go to the area alone, you’ll neglect so the majority of the wonderful sites and finish up side tracked because of the water by itself.always travel

13. juliegrace on May 2nd, 2016 2:55 am

This is one of the best resources I have seen in a long time. Posted to our non-fiction marketing blog, letting them know to substitute book sales for traffic. While it is great for blog traffic, the ideas work beyond blogging for writing book descriptions or sales pages also. Thank you for putting this together!Appreciating the hard work you put into your site and detailed information you offer. It's nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same out of date rehashed material.

14. toptenzilla on May 2nd, 2016 12:44 pm

15. ????? ????? on May 3rd, 2016 3:56 pm

???? ?????? ???? ????? ?????? ?? ???? ????? ????? ?????? ?? ???
    ????? ?????

16. ????? ??? on May 3rd, 2016 4:01 pm

???? ??? ????? ??? ????? ?????? ????? ????? ??? ????????? ??????

17. Toptenzilla on May 4th, 2016 2:40 am

Its a great one and also a beautifully crafted one. looking forward for more from this website.I read all of article of the site the article was very nice go and check it out!It's in reality a nice and useful piece of info. I am glad that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

18. hector on May 17th, 2016 10:29 am

That's a good one. equality on a different level. Need your essays done at ease see pay for essay
    href="www.payforessays.top"&gt <a href="http://;www.payforessays.top” target=”_blank”>;www.payforessays.top.
    pay for essays

19. StatusShuffles on May 22nd, 2016 5:30 am

20. Whatsapp_123 on May 25th, 2016 4:51 am

Hi Guys Here My Name Megan Zoe I Am A Blogger But Since 4 Year Back I Am Working On My Own Site The Features Of Website Is That Here You Can Find Many Type Of Article Which Based On Wishes, Quotes, SMS, Messages, Status, Facebook Status, Whatsapp Status, Different Language Status, And Many More Things Are Here Please Check The link I Am Guaranteed That You Loved It. whatsappstatushut

21. IFrasesDeAmor on May 29th, 2016 7:54 am

22. Madeleine Rapke on June 6th, 2016 8:28 am

Matt, Thanks for sharing such an informative article.The tips you have provided here, I have implemented almost all of them and got positive outcomes.Thanks again.
    300-101 test

23. HassanHamayun on June 6th, 2016 8:42 am

These times, computers own really superior our way of life, primarily your systems linked to communication. As well, they moreover play a necessary role within just financial examination and supervision. http://www.financeteam.net

24. HassanHamayun on June 6th, 2016 8:42 am

Internet-based TELEVISION SET viewer produce is raising. It includes many perks by extending an existing media intended for 24/7 reduction news changes. There usually are many no cost international data blogs and also channels readily available online. Further you will definately get software to deliver access which has a restricted gas stops online. In using this method one can readily reduce satellite tv on pc costs and do some searching online fee intended for more. You could possibly enjoy Broadcast tv or data online when convenient in your case. http://www.todaynewsletter.net

25. HassanHamayun on June 6th, 2016 8:43 am

University student healthcare packages offer lots of benefits at your greatly lower cost, allowing students to hide it automatically or allowing their parents to feature their children’s health plans as well as little further cost for the children. Student strategies give a most wonderful choice to ensuring the truly great health in the children without needing to take for the significant amount of extra fiscal burden. http://www.ushealthworks.net

26. HassanHamayun on June 6th, 2016 8:43 am

Doing a bit home target what to take into consideration in an auto insurance company can help you save a lots of heartache when you find yourself deciding. It is probably possible to discover the best discount car insurance policy company if you are willing to put together the persistence. http://www.autoinsurancecarrier.net

27. HassanHamayun on June 6th, 2016 8:43 am

Pertaining to employment this sort of institutes or maybe companies you will need to fulfill certain criteria which in turn subjects so as to teaching since specific place. Places including Virginia, Annapolis, accrue so as to teaching work opportunities. <a href="http://www.rseducation.net” target=”_blank”>www.rseducation.net

28. HassanHamayun on June 6th, 2016 8:43 am

Storage room Coordinator Systems may be lifesavers from the households, especially that rooms could possibly be limited within just space. Normally, today homes have grown to be smaller and maybe they are built as well as less place, as populations develop and thus houses are produced smaller to compliment more folks. http://www.thestylecloset.net

29. HassanHamayun on June 6th, 2016 8:43 am

A mix of both vehicles are submitted the manufacturer as well as tires that will work in virtually all conditions, own decreased block resistance, and create fuel success. This form of tire is in reality a low-rolling level of resistance tire. In the event the time consists of replace your tires as part of your hybrid, stay with these kinds of tire. http://www.contributecar.com

30. Invitation on June 6th, 2016 1:55 pm

I am Julie grace I Am A Blogger But Since 4 Year Back I Am Working On My Own Site The Features Of Website Is That Here You Can Find Many Type Of Article Which Based On Wishes, Quotes, SMS, Messages, Status, Facebook Status, Whatsapp Status, Different Language Status, And Many More Things Are Here Please Check The link Below.I Am Guaranteed That You Loved It.

31. statusshuffles on June 27th, 2016 5:37 am

nice

32. flaviaMichael on July 2nd, 2016 6:15 am

Great info.

33. whatsapp on July 25th, 2016 10:44 am
  34. birthdaywishes on July 25th, 2016 12:11 pm

good work thanks for sharing
    best birthday wishes 2016

35. wishes on July 27th, 2016 2:44 am

Amazing data from you discovering, noble man. I've think about your own particular issues ahead of time of and you are likewise excessively wonderful. I love what you have here. You make it charming despite everything you can guarantee that is stays clever.This is positively an exemplary spectacular weblog value your spreading.
    best christmas wishes for you 2016

36. status zilla on July 28th, 2016 9:55 am

Hello Buddies My Name Is Amanda I See These Website All We have The Best Article We Read On Here The Blogs Were Mindblowing And I Believe To Sharing News With You Guys So Don't Be Late Lets Check My Latest Blog About Christmas, And In Advance Happy Christmas Guys And Must Check The Blog I've Shared. Christmas Status

37. wishesplanet on July 29th, 2016 5:11 am

See Buddies What I Have The best Blog You Never Be Seen Christmas Status

38. games yoob on August 3rd, 2016 5:32 pm

Hello.This article was extremely interesting.
    You made some good points there.

39. http://goo.gl/4JBUXB on August 12th, 2016 2:50 am

amazing data you shared

40. Top TenZilla on August 15th, 2016 6:04 am

Hi Guys Here My Name Amabel I Am A Blogger But Since 4 Year Back I Am Working On My Own Site The Features Of Website Is That Here You Can Find Many Type Of Article Which Based On Whastapp and facebo0ok Status,Quotes,wishes,CAption And Many More Things Are Here Please Check The link Below.I Am Guaranteed That You Loved It. http://goo.gl/6VHDq2

41. TopTenZilla on August 18th, 2016 9:56 am

42. WhatsappStatusLines on August 18th, 2016 10:04 am

Really use full post

43. itsglobe on August 19th, 2016 12:26 pm

i have an problem on my dashboard please help me http://itsglobe.com/

44. StatusWish on August 22nd, 2016 10:16 am

Hello Buddies My Name Is Alissa And I Am A SEO Optimizer I Believe In Team Work So On That Basis I Started A Website With Lots Of Status And Wishes And Many More If You Want To See Then Visit Our Homepage And I Am Damn Sure You Will Fine Best Qualities Of Status And Wishes On There.

45. DiwaliWishes on August 29th, 2016 3:20 am

we have sahred the best collection of diwali wishes check it now

46. Rajan Singh on September 15th, 2016 9:31 am

I reallly like your post thanks for sharing with us.
    We are Computer, laptop, Printer Repairing Company.

47. Lexie Wilson on September 20th, 2016 5:10 am

It is good one post. equality on a various level. Need your essays done at ease look to pay for essay. Thanks for sharing us.

48. Nuvolat Cloud Reviews on September 22nd, 2016 9:08 pm